Status
Not open for further replies.

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
I too love it but of course it is all about what you like. I am not sure if sanding would even help as it's the grain of the wood. Others would know better than I.

Personally I love the poly shine on my mini and my 18650 is not shiny and I was wondering if I could poly it myself. I might ruin it though and I don't want to take that chance.

I know there is a thread somewhere with all the things people have done with their REO's. Maybe Rob's website has the links??

i'm on the fence about what to do with my 18490 walnut. I love the front, but not the back

View attachment 313272

I thought about sanding the back and re-staining or something

Oh, here it is. Maybe you can find something in here? Lots of good stuff
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/270331-free-reo-forum-thread-index.html

Last edited:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
i'm on the fence about what to do with my 18490 walnut. I love the front, but not the back

View attachment 313272

try a dab of vaseline and see if the color is a bit more pleasing after it soaks in?

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California

View attachment 313272

When I see enlarged......the grain is quite unique & beautiful.

000000000000test.jpg

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Is anybody else spending a lot of time scrolling backwards & jumping threads to look at the pictures? I was thinking in my spare time, I could grab all the pictures and put them in a thread with no talking. Anybody opposed to me taking their pics to yet another picture thread?

If you do this, could I ask that you use the picture from post #4154 from this thread ? And, of course, you would need to enlarge the picture, as we've already displayed my inability to do that sort of thing...

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The children's song little bunny foofoo popped into my head as I saw so many that I tried to get... lol GORGEOUS!!!
Karen took pity on my gruesome photography skills and compiled pics from the site of what i got from the sale.

Woods sale 2/2014 Dennis - Imgur

the jatoba/koa blem was my top choice, because i am a blem at best. it fits me perfectly, except unlike me, i can't detect the blem on the Woodvil.

my next favorite is the plank door jatoba, which i should receive shortly. i am so stoked to get a plank door. until this sale, i don't even think i knew they existed. big thanks to Karen who pointed this one out to me. the jatobas didn't get a lot of love during the sale and i think a lot of folks missed how unique this is. (not Karen, tho) so now i have an original wood Reo (pre-Woodvil era) with the plunger instead of squonk hole, an OG Woodvil with the Reo logo in the door, a stabilized VVW. and now the plank door. i would be delighted if i only got those two. Other than more Woodvils, not sure what to buy next.

but wait...

my 3rd fav is the 490 Wenge. it looks much better in the hand than on the site. a nice surprise, actually.

but...

i wanted a lacewood. i have no freakin idea how i ended up with two. one will prolly be headed to the trade thread or the classies (for what i paid or less)

i also went kinda nuts on the zebra minis, as you can see. all i remember is after the rest of my A list and most of my b list were gone, i just browsed the pages and went "wow, that's pretty- click". i meant to buy 1 mini, since they might not be made anymore, but i ended up with four.

the purpleheart was a knee-jerk buy for Kay, in case she didn't get one. but she seems to have gotten what she wanted, so...

i meant to buy at least one birdseye, since i gifted my birdseye mini to Peggy. i think i bought the second one cuz i was ticked off at not getting any spalted maple :)

patiently waiting for the mech Woodvil sale...

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
I too love it but of course it is all about what you like. I am not sure if sanding would even help as it's the grain of the wood. Others would know better than I.

Personally I love the poly shine on my mini and my 18650 is not shiny and I was wondering if I could poly it myself. I might ruin it though and I don't want to take that chance.

I know there is a thread somewhere with all the things people have done with their REO's. Maybe Rob's website has the links??

Oh, here it is. Maybe you can find something in here? Lots of good stuff
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/270331-free-reo-forum-thread-index.html

thanks Debinnv. I was thinking too about carving the back. I have a friend whose sister is a wood carver, but then I might not like the feel of it in my hand afterwards.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
thanks Debinnv. I was thinking too about carving the back. I have a friend whose sister is a wood carver, but then I might not like the feel of it in my hand afterwards.

Wondering if anyone is going to do an engraved (hand-carved???) Reonaut Badge???
24k gold highlights would help set it off, methinks.....;)
Happy (vaping) Trails!

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Wondering if anyone is going to do an engraved (hand-carved???) Reonaut Badge???
24k gold highlights would help set it off, methinks.....;)
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Well beyond my skill level. I can metal stamp lettering but that's my limit. :laugh: Others here have shown some remarkable skills. :)

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Karen took pity on my gruesome photography skills and compiled pics from the site of what i got from the sale.

Woods sale 2/2014 Dennis - Imgur

the jatoba/koa blem was my top choice, because i am a blem at best. it fits me perfectly, except unlike me, i can't detect the blem on the Woodvil.

my next favorite is the plank door jatoba, which i should receive shortly. i am so stoked to get a plank door. until this sale, i don't even think i knew they existed. big thanks to Karen who pointed this one out to me. the jatobas didn't get a lot of love during the sale and i think a lot of folks missed how unique this is. (not Karen, tho) so now i have an original wood Reo (pre-Woodvil era) with the plunger instead of squonk hole, an OG Woodvil with the Reo logo in the door, a stabilized VVW. and now the plank door. i would be delighted if i only got those two. Other than more Woodvils, not sure what to buy next.

but wait...

my 3rd fav is the 490 Wenge. it looks much better in the hand than on the site. a nice surprise, actually.

but...

i wanted a lacewood. i have no freakin idea how i ended up with two. one will prolly be headed to the trade thread or the classies (for what i paid or less)

i also went kinda nuts on the zebra minis, as you can see. all i remember is after the rest of my A list and most of my b list were gone, i just browsed the pages and went "wow, that's pretty- click". i meant to buy 1 mini, since they might not be made anymore, but i ended up with four.

the purpleheart was a knee-jerk buy for Kay, in case she didn't get one. but she seems to have gotten what she wanted, so...

i meant to buy at least one birdseye, since i gifted my birdseye mini to Peggy. i think i bought the second one cuz i was ticked off at not getting any spalted maple :)

patiently waiting for the mech Woodvil sale...

Dennis...did I read this right?!....nah, I couldn't have.....

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I WISH I had any kind of talent like that. I've seen some carved woods on here that I would BEG for if I thought it would do any good! I'd love to see what is done with yours when it's done so don't forget to post photos!!

bitey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Central Ohio
I use bottles like these to mix my juice in, piece of cake to fill the REO bottles from one.

I love these. Thanks for posting this. I keep juice now in regular 30 ml bottles and it is tough to get it dropped into the 3 ml Mini bottles. This will work perfectly. I'm accustomed to the smaller bottles because I use and carry the Mini and/or the 18490 all day; they are easy to carry in a shirt pocket. One of them rides around with me all the time, and I use the larger Reos and Woodvils on my desk and tables.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Thank you Rob!! Now the VV Gepetto that was promised as a gift to Lisa & Wayne's collection (which I been hiding from DW and sneaking hit off of) can finally be sent to them after the Nebula arrives. :lol: good thing DW doesn't visit the ECF

[URL=http://s299.photobucket.com/user/redeyedancer/media/001_zps36a4f469.jpg.html] [/URL]
[URL=http://s299.photobucket.com/user/redeyedancer/media/002_zps440751f1.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=http://s299.photobucket.com/user/redeyedancer/media/003_zps3da4aee3.jpg.html] [/URL]
[URL=http://s299.photobucket.com/user/redeyedancer/media/007_zps2acfbb59.jpg.html] [/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread