I'v had it with suppliers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickbo

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
Ohio
Ok, I'v looked high and low for a cyclone to buy but it seems that everyone is sold out!!! Every time someone has a really nice performing rba....it's out or not being made any longer!!! Uhhhhh!! So, me being a draftsman and machinist in a former career, I'm gonna make my own line of top caps for our REO's. If someone could be so kind as to measure ( with a micrometer ) the inside dimension and the depth of the cyclone top cap that would be a big help. Please PM me with the info. My idea will be to make these out of stainless steel. They won't be the normal round style cause that's boring IMO. I'm thinking square, pyramid and different styles and shapes. Oh, and yes they will have AFC and fit different types of bottoms. I'm going to make any promises but I will give it a shot.

ethermion

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Virginia, USA
Intaste.de will have bottom feed cyclones back in stock in about a week. A wee bit of patience might be your friend more than a micrometer. Part of the problem is this forum. People start chatting up how great a cyclone is, then 1000 people go looking for them on the same day. Pretty sure that Viscous Ant is two guys and a garage, and making a mountain of cyclones is not smart business. Who knows when the next fashionable atty might appear, leaving them with an expensive pile of unsold stock.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Ok, I'v looked high and low for a cyclone to buy but it seems that everyone is sold out!!! Every time someone has a really nice performing rba....it's out or not being made any longer!!! Uhhhhh!! So, me being a draftsman and machinist in a former career, I'm gonna make my own line of top caps for our REO's. If someone could be so kind as to measure ( with a micrometer ) the inside dimension and the depth of the cyclone top cap that would be a big help. Please PM me with the info. My idea will be to make these out of stainless steel. They won't be the normal round style cause that's boring IMO. I'm thinking square, pyramid and different styles and shapes. Oh, and yes they will have AFC and fit different types of bottoms. I'm going to make any promises but I will give it a shot.

I can understand your frustration, but you can pick up a TF @ http://vapers-vault.com/collections/rebuildables/products/cyclone-rba and mod for BF like a few others have done lately. It is only $36 right now... Worse case scenario is you would then have a top cap to get all the pertinent dimensions from...

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
It was posted that Vicious Ant will be doing another run of cyclones in July, and I would assume with that afc caps and fusion top hats. I will buy two more atties and a pile of fusions I have 3bf and 2 tf that I have sourced in the last two weeks along with 4 AFC's. Point is they are out there but scarce. Intaste has the tf with afc in stock, you are three says and a dremel slice away from happiness so it seems.

e30ernest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
Pretty sure that Viscous Ant is two guys and a garage, and making a mountain of cyclones is not smart business.

I think they do make a mountain of Cyclones, just not bottom-fed. Cyclones are relatively easy to find here (well they're made here) but they are all TF versions. Bottom-fed atties aren't as in-demand it seems.

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
I just want a small chamber top cap with afc. Sure I could list all the things that would be awesome in an Reo atomizer, but it's more realistic to keep expectations to a standard bottom feeding deck, but make a nice top cap with afc. I mean how would you even fab a ceramic deck with consumer tools? Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but whenever these kind of things pop up everyone starts listing a million things they want this custom piece to do and it never pans out or it ends up designed by committee... and you all know how those work designs work out.

Rob is looking into converting the igo-w because it's incredibly easy to source. Making a top cap with afc that would replace the standard igo-w top cap might be an idea. Though that would leave out all of those without LP Reos.

Well whatever happens I'd probably be in for one. :D

Maverickbo

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
Ohio
Thanks for all the suggestions and comments. Ken I did not know Rob was going to do some R&D on the IGO so thanks for the heads up. I'm not looking to step on his toes or anyone else's so I hope no one is taking it as such. Just seemed like every time something cool came out and I got a chance to order...it's out of stock.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Thanks for all the suggestions and comments. Ken I did not know Rob was going to do some R&D on the IGO so thanks for the heads up. I'm not looking to step on his toes or anyone else's so I hope no one is taking it as such. Just seemed like every time something cool came out and I got a chance to order...it's out of stock.

while i can't speak for Robert, i doubt if he'd be troubled by you making some cool top caps. my guess is he would think it's cool and cheer you on.

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
That's my impression also MamaTried. I think Robert has noticed people clamoring for more bottom feeding atomizers especially now that the Reo is sub-ohm friendly, so he's looking to take care of his customers. I highly doubt he would take offense at anything that adds to the amount of BF atomizers out there. Or custom AFC top caps for those atomizers. :D

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
That's my impression also MamaTried. I think Robert has noticed people clamoring for more bottom feeding atomizers especially now that the Reo is sub-ohm friendly, so he's looking to take care of his customers. I highly doubt he would take offense at anything that adds to the amount of BF atomizers out there. Or custom AFC top caps for those atomizers. :D

i know that he has floated ideas for an AFC ring for the RM2. Hopefully, that will surface soon. But, i suspect he has bigger projects (mech Woodvils, an 18650 kickable Grand, a hybrid!) in the works than doing new topcaps for random RDAs.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
It was posted that Vicious Ant will be doing another run of cyclones in July, and I would assume with that afc caps and fusion top hats. I will buy two more atties and a pile of fusions I have 3bf and 2 tf that I have sourced in the last two weeks along with 4 AFC's. Point is they are out there but scarce. Intaste has the tf with afc in stock, you are three says and a dremel slice away from happiness so it seems.

Ah ha! Good to hear that first part, guess I'll wait a bit then and try to snatch up a few once VA releases those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread