I've been under a rock! What are the best Cu 26650 MODS (2015)? (dual?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Whatsup guys! Midterms have been killing me so I've fallen behind in the chaotic flow of the world of vaping. And my poor 26650 Copper 4nine (clone) mod is on it's last leg, I'm gonna need a serious replacement soon! (current rig below, when it was new anyway, below that is after the war lmao.)

zhrAbra.jpg

soaZDSl.jpg

The only things I look for in a mod are:

~That it's all copper and/or silver. (Or at least super conductive/known for low voltage drop.)
~Needs to be 26650, dual is even better. (I've had my eye on the congestus for a long time now, maybe even a Bay City Vapor BFM if I can find a fair price.)
~I like a MAGNETIC button, and a hybrid topcap is also a big plus. (Doesn't HAVE to be either of these if it comes down to it, but the button has to be good.) ~MECHANICAL & TUBULAR (I don't really want any regulated mods yet, just want to stick to good'ol physics, also no boxes as I've made my own. (attached)

(maybe something like below?.........)

The Ragnarok Mod - The Vaping Griffin
or
VC1RonX.jpg

or
GF6KSM3.jpg

Any advice you guys can give me is much appreciated! I've got alotta research and "catching up" to do to see what's been released that I missed recently, and I'm sure there's something that sticks out in y'alls mind already!

:D Vape strong, and hope to hear from ya!
:vapor::2cool:

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I specifically only use direct to battery mods and I've been itching for a 26650 lately, the only one that has caught my eye is the Bay City Vapor BFM, probably because I like my 18650 Surfrider so much. You can pick up the BFM clone for quite cheap on Fasttech if that's your sort of thing - $31.64 BFM Styled 26650 Mechanical Mod - 1*26650 / 2*26650 / copper + brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Edit: If you want to use 26650 atties with the BFM they do make the flat cap as well, but no clone I know of has it included - http://covalvapes.com/products/bfm-flat-top-cap

Last edited:

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Been on the lookout for more or less the same thing, 26650 mech with low voltage drop. So far the copper hades clone from vapingtech, copper panzer and copper nemesis clone on fasttech have caught my attention. Been hard to find much information on voltage drop and of course with fasttech you have no idea who makes them. Suck my mod did a review on the copper hades from vapingtech and showed about a .3 drop on a .4ohm build. Pretty sure the ragnarok only comes in 18650 btw. Wish there was a good 26650 stingray x clone out but I haven't been able to find one yet, there are a few listed but they're not copper, some janky plating that rubs off.

Last edited:

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I specifically only use direct to battery mods and I've been itching for a 26650 lately, the only one that has caught my eye is the Bay City Vapor BFM, probably because I like my 18650 Surfrider so much. You can pick up the BFM clone for quite cheap on Fasttech if that's your sort of thing - $31.64 BFM Styled 26650 Mechanical Mod - 1*26650 / 2*26650 / copper + brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Edit: If you want to use 26650 atties with the BFM they do make the flat cap as well, but no clone I know of has it included - BFM Flat Top Cap by Bay City Vapor | Coval Distribution

Good to know man! Thanks for the info because I hate slant top caps lol, plus I only vape 26650 sized atty's anyway. Yeah I've heard decent things about the BFM from FT but I just can't help thinking about the Congestus...it's made by the only clone company I respect (Infinite), and it's a real quality item, I've never tried a side-firer before either. So I assume your surfrider button is pretty awesome then right?

That's one thing I'm curious about the BFM, how that button performs, I REALLY don't like springs because I can feel the voltage drop sometimes, and I'm OCD about my buttons now lol. Most magnets are sooo much smoother, my 4nine I'm using now is pretty hard to beat.

Been on the lookout for more or less the same thing, 26650 mech with low voltage drop. So far the copper hades clone from vapingtech, copper panzer and copper nemesis clone on fasttech have caught my attention. Been hard to find much information on voltage drop and of course with fasttech you have no idea who makes them. Suck my mod did a review on the copper hades from vapingtech and showed about a .3 drop on a .4ohm build. Pretty sure the ragnarok only comes in 18650 btw. Wish there was a good 26650 stingray x clone out but I haven't been able to find one yet, there are a few listed but they're not copper, some janky plating that rubs off.

Right on man, I personally haven't heard too much good about the hades (or it's clones). However I CAN guarantee that the mod I'm currently retiring from, the copper 26650 4Nine clone has AMAZING voltage drop (I tested myself). On a .2ohm coil I was only losing .05! And I can confidently say that this conductive little copper mod hits NOTICEABLY hard, it's a good, simple, and perfect design. In fact, I'm thinking about simply getting another to hold me off until I want to get a Congestus or BFM or whatever I find. (Maybe I'll make one :p.)

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
The button on the surfrider is pretty awesome, but it's not without its little quirks. My surfrider is a magnetic switch, because of the design of the switch there isn't actually a hard stopping point for where the throw adjustment is, you've got to either fiddle with it every now and then or manufacture a small spacer to keep the button tight at a certain point, as far as I am aware this is the case even with authentic surfriders. Even with that issue the button is so very smooth and the perfect resistance so making a little spacer didn't bother me.

There's lots of other options though, like the Tobeco copper Mutant clone. Mutant 26650 Mod Clone by Tobeco - Eciggity

Uses the same sort of battery magnet spacer you're used to with the 4nine, so there's a plus for ya.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
this is the most comfortable 26650 mod i have used to date, it is telescopic and it will also use longer length batteries if you choose such as the Keep-power....it do have a spring switch which is smooth as butter....i'm really enjoying this Mod very much and it hits like a train it's 30 inches in diameter and i'm using a 30" Veritas on mine; no complaints whatsoever.

Four Guardian Gods FGG Telescopic Mechanical Mod 26650

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Hey treehead where'd you get your copper 4nine from? Now I'm looking at that and the BFM. The congestus looks interesting, it's unique and I trust infinite too, but I dunno about that side firing button compared to a nice bottom switch. Also the dual 26650 option being offered by the congestus and bfm sounds neat in theory but wouldn't it just be impractically long lol? Also concerning voltage drop, from what I've read so far the voltage drop on the BFM and your 4nine is better than the congestus.

EDIT: Ahh, just noticed both the BFM and 4nine have no lock rings... that's a bummer, I like being able to keep a mech mod in my pocket without paranoia.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread