Not open for further replies.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
So I've been at 3mg for a while....sometimes I'll order 1.5 if they have it, but sitting here like, I'm not going to pay for 0mg juice, that's just silly... I've done some diy, but rather just buy premade :p plus I do reviews so there's that, guess this kind of puts a damper on my juice reviews lol

well between the handful of flavors I already had and the 50 flavors I just ordered, I'll be set :p
surprisingly nicotine river was the cheapest with 15ml being $1.59 and under
and then bull city flavors the next cheapest with some things that I couldn't find at nicotine river
yes there were a few places that had some $0.99 sales but really cost per ml, nicotine river was still the better price

in all with shipping I paid about $75 for 50 flavors
let the fun begin, well once they are mailed out and delivered :D

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
The only time I buy commercial juice now is when I want to research a new flavor profile just to see what some of the manufacturers have done with the new flavor I'm interested in. Kind of opens my eyes sometimes to different perspectives. Other than that though, which is not often, I just make what I like and how I like it. Might take me a while to get the results I want, but I'm in no hurry and after nearly 5 years of mixing I've got more than a few ADVs I'm quite happy with.

I got tired early on with buying juice and no matter how good the description was, there was something nasty about it that most often I would not go beyond a few drips or a half tank.

I always have juice I like and it costs near nothing. You're going to have fun @Shadav and probably get hooked on mixing like many of us. The cost was probably my main motivator to start, but it's grown well beyond that now.

BTW, Nicotine River was the only place I could find Purilum Country Apple (great tasting apple) and I get my salts from them too. I tend to judge nicotine by odor and Nic River's salts are the cleanest smelling nic I've purchased. At some other places their nic smells like the ashtray from last nights party and you can imagine what that does to the taste of an otherwise good recipe.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Get a lot of little test bottles. Try different strengths. Record everything so you remember what you did when you finally get around to tasting after you let everything steep.

It is a process, but you get finalized recipes that your tastebuds enjoy.

Happy trails!
this is what I really need to remember lol....I'd always make something on the fly and never write down what I did

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
this is what I really need to remember lol....I'd always make something on the fly and never write down what I did

Get a good ejuice calculating program and just keep all your recipes, notes, flavor inventories, etc. in there. The program I use even prints my bottle labels for me so I don't wind up with a bunch of unidentified juices I have to figure out by smell, which never seems to work since I might make 2 or 3 small mixes with minor variations at a time that smell too similar. It will also calculate the cost of the mix. If you have a tech savvy person around (or you are a techie type) it's quite easy to install a calc program on a single computer, but access it from another computer, tablet, or phone for your mixing sessions too. Although, I prefer to print my recipes on paper to mix from, but tablets work really well too when I'm mixing in the kitchen and my main computer is in my office.

There are a couple of really good programs to do this, without resorting to the online only programs available. The online programs are actually very good, but tend to be a little less feature rich so I prefer a stand alone program that installs on my computer.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
lol I have one, I just never really used it when I was trying to make something new....
I loved ejuicemeup for ever but I just found diy juice calculator and like that I can also add what flavors i have on hand (it also allows you to add in prices so you can see how much it costs to make each juice) as well as search recipes by flavors...

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France

Aaah well if you do that then it'll get forgotten....I just use elr for recipes and such.

I've been diying now for 10 months and would never go back... so cheap for better flavour. With a bit of research i've never made anything unvapeable and it's a really nice experience trying to come up with something new.

The knowledge that you can wait out a vape apocalypse is good too :) Enjoy it!!

Reactions: Shadav

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I don't think I ever kept a recipe, that I got elsewhere, the same.

It took me time, but a have a bunch of juices that I really like.

Can your calculator let you write notes? I make 5ml to start. After steeping, and I forget how I made it, I can go back to the notes. After I test it, I can write notes for the next making.

Anyway, have fun!

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
yes it allows you to take notes as well, I'm really liking this one, still learning how to use it but it lets you also keep track of your ingredients, how much you have on hand, how much they cost and ml size so it can tell you the price per ml and then the total cost of the juice you made.... it also lets you keep track of the vender and manufacture....still trying to figure that one out...you can set a threshold so if your flavor gets below x ml it's supposed to alert you
and I still haven't fully played with it to know everything it has yet lol but so far, it's worth checking out

not sure if there's an app, maybe....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread