I've got mad love for my provari, now what tank completes it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor S

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Orlando, Florida
I got my provari in the mail a few days ago!!! Woohoo!! definitely stoked and happy and can already see a mini in my future... Sad I know, but hey whatever. Now I have 3 aerotanks (air controllable protank3) and an iclear 30s, flavors great and they vape nice, but of course as a provari owner you'd expect I wanna know what's best!! Any other provari owners wanna let others in on that secret tank? Any info regarding clearomizers would be awesome (no rebuildable info please).

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Welcome to the ProVarinati!

For clearos I use a Protank 1, but I'm in the minority. I know there are better ones out there, but I'm on a budget and use what I have. I also like how they look.

ugkq.jpg

I would venture a guess that most ProVari owners have at least one carto tank (usually from IBTanked).

These are 22mm regular and halfling sizes from IBT with Loki rings to make them flush with the body.

s2zm.jpg

A 19mm is the same diameter as the tapered top of the ProVari (the same as a Protank), so you don't need a ring. This is an XL IBT on a mini.

blingibt.jpg

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
The rebuildables (Kayfun, Sophia) are all the rage...but I am just beginning to fiddle with that...
I found a big improvement in moving to carto-tanks from clearo's. I still will use my ProTanks, but they're no longer favored.

IBTanked is good quality for the money getting started with a cartotank. Or stalk the classifieds and look for a Kir Fanis tank, a Loki tank, or an SnP tank - I think they're even better.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
What mm IBtanked? Is it just the size of the carto/reservoir?

The mm when we talk about IBTanks refers to the diameter. The cartos inside are also measured in mm, but in that case we are talking about the length. See? Clear as mud. :)

19mm IBT are ≈ the same diameter as the tapered top of the ProVari.
22mm IBT are ≈ the same diameter as the body of the ProVari. If you want it to have a flush/streamlined appearance you need a beauty ring.

As far as cartos:

badtanklengths.jpg

ETA: Cartos come with or without a flange at the bottom. If you've never used a carto tank before, I recommend flanged. They are easier to work with for beginners.

If you get a carto tank, you also need to get a Tank Tool. It makes filling and changing cartos super easy.

180498d1361434526-5-cartomizer-tank-setup-sym.jpg

Last edited:

Connor S

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Orlando, Florida
View attachment 307597 A ProVari topped with a Kayfun or R91 is as good as it gets in my opinion, in regards to flavor.
Put on a Provari cone and it looks like a match made in heaven.
Sorry for the upside down pic, always does that on ipad

Where can I get a kayfun or an R91? Can you post a link, I'd like to look into em

lyncentric

Feb 13, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
ETA: Cartos come with or without a flange at the bottom. If you've never used a carto tank before, I recommend flanged. They are easier to work with for beginners.

Thank you Ocelot! I'm in the market for an IBT, and I wasn't sure if I needed flanged or not. Between you and Batitude, I now know exactly what I need!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread