I've got mad love for my provari, now what tank completes it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seann.V91

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Plano, TX
I got a 22mm XL cartomizer glass tank from IBTanked, they have a 19mm (diameter) tank as well that sits flush on the ProVari. and If you have a ProVari ring, the 22mm sits flush on that at that point the whole device is flush. I use a low to standard resistance cartomizer. It worked best for me. I recently started learning on RBA's and atm im experimenting with sub ohm, but for my ProVari the next tank I would like to have is a kayfun or russian. (RBA's) which will save you ga son your trip to the local vape shop or save your money from shipping. ONce you have kanthal wire (100 ft for under 10 bucks) and 100% cotton balls (under 10 bucks as well) - both will last you for a lifetime, basically. at that point you'll only be spending money on q-liquid and not spending so much on clearos or cartos overtime. Kayfuns and russains are easy rebuildables.

Connor S

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Orlando, Florida
I got a 22mm XL cartomizer glass tank from IBTanked, they have a 19mm (diameter) tank as well that sits flush on the ProVari. and If you have a ProVari ring, the 22mm sits flush on that at that point the whole device is flush. I use a low to standard resistance cartomizer. It worked best for me. I recently started learning on RBA's and atm im experimenting with sub ohm, but for my ProVari the next tank I would like to have is a kayfun or russian. (RBA's) which will save you ga son your trip to the local vape shop or save your money from shipping. ONce you have kanthal wire (100 ft for under 10 bucks) and 100% cotton balls (under 10 bucks as well) - both will last you for a lifetime, basically. at that point you'll only be spending money on q-liquid and not spending so much on clearos or cartos overtime. Kayfuns and russains are easy rebuildables.

Where can I pick up a couple kayfun's

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
That looks really good with the Provari cone, tempted to order one right away (btw, in that 2nd pic, how do you get your KF to stand upside down like that? ;))

View attachment 307597 A ProVari topped with a Kayfun or R91 is as good as it gets in my opinion, in regards to flavor.
Put on a Provari cone and it looks like a match made in heaven.
Sorry for the upside down pic, always does that on ipad

I'm partial to the look of a 20 mm-wide genny as a topper, though I plan to get a ring to make it flush:

Cobra.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I ordered the 25mm XL's from IBTanked just before i picked up my Provari. I know it will hang over the sides but will it be too much? Is there a flared beauty ring anyone knows about for the 25mm? I wanted maximum capacity for my ADV whil I drive thru the day.

provari&IBT.jpg

A 25mm IBTanked will look like this on a Provari.

I don't know of a flared beauty ring for this combination. The IBT Pro 22 proring would help aesthetically, but there will still be some overlap of the tank.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I ordered the 25mm XL's from IBTanked just before i picked up my Provari. I know it will hang over the sides but will it be too much? Is there a flared beauty ring anyone knows about for the 25mm? I wanted maximum capacity for my ADV whil I drive thru the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The ProVari body is ≈ 22mm, so for a 25mm tank to be flush you would have to find a tapered ring. I'm not aware of any rings that size. I've done some research in the past and found that there might be some potential in rings made for body jewelry (gauges), camera lens adaptors and roller wheel bearings, but nothing exactly right.

If you don't like the look of the overhang, you might consider using the IBTanks at home and getting an Aspire Nautilus for when you go out, although it's expensive and I'm not sure of the outer dimension.

For a less expensive option I suggest a HyperTank. It's a monster of a BCC glass clearo, holding 5ml of juice. It's 22mm in diameter, so you can use a regular beauty ring or go without (the overhang isn't that much). It uses the same heads as a Protank, but I didn't find the flavor muted or have any problems with leaking. It also has metal around the outside (2 styles), so it has some protection if dropped. I like everything about the tank except the size. If it came in a 2.5ml size, I would buy a bunch of them. The HyperTank comes with a drip tip, but takes a regular 510 so you can change it. I have a black chrome one with a black chrome ming tip. It looks very sharp!

This vendor also has the best price for an Aspire Nautilus that I've seen.

HyperTank

The one in the middle is a HyperTank on a full size ProVari with a beauty ring. The other two are both 22mm regular IBTanks. The one on the right has a beauty ring, the one on the left doesn't, so you can see the 22mm overhang.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Last edited:

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
The ProVari body is ≈ 22mm, so for a 25mm tank to be flush you would have to find a tapered ring. I'm not aware of any rings that size. I've done some research in the past and found that there might be some potential in rings made for body jewelry (gauges), camera lens adaptors and roller wheel bearings, but nothing exactly right.

If you don't like the look of the overhang, you might consider using the IBTanks at home and getting an Aspire Nautilus for when you go out, although it's expensive and I'm not sure of the outer dimension.

For a less expensive option I suggest a HyperTank. It's a monster of a BCC glass clearo, holding 5ml of juice. It's 22mm in diameter, so you can use a regular beauty ring or go without (the overhang isn't that much). It uses the same heads as a Protank, but I didn't find the flavor muted or have any problems with leaking. It also has metal around the outside (2 styles), so it has some protection if dropped. I like everything about the tank except the size. If it came in a 2.5ml size, I would buy a bunch of them. The HyperTank comes with a drip tip, but takes a regular 510 so you can change it. I have a black chrome one with a black chrome ming tip. It looks very sharp!

This vendor also has the best price for an Aspire Nautilus that I've seen.

HyperTank

The one in the middle is a HyperTank on a full size ProVari with a beauty ring. The other two are both 22mm regular IBTanks. The one on the right has a beauty ring, the one on the left doesn't, so you can see the 22mm overhang.

I always get a burnt flavor with the HyperTank. I've tried different voltage, changing wicks, etc. I can't get the darn thing to produce a flavor that doesn't taste burnt. What on earth am I doing wrong? Or did I get the only dud made? Which would be the norm for me, haha

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Do you get burnt flavor from Protanks? Wondering if it's all encompassing or just the HyperTank. The reason I didn't like it is because it's just so big. I like smaller tanks.

I always get a burnt flavor with the HyperTank. I've tried different voltage, changing wicks, etc. I can't get the darn thing to produce a flavor that doesn't taste burnt. What on earth am I doing wrong? Or did I get the only dud made? Which would be the norm for me, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread