The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I've got mad love for my provari, now what tank completes it?!

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by Connor S, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Seann.V91

Seann.V91 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2013
    Plano, TX
    I got a 22mm XL cartomizer glass tank from IBTanked, they have a 19mm (diameter) tank as well that sits flush on the ProVari. and If you have a ProVari ring, the 22mm sits flush on that at that point the whole device is flush. I use a low to standard resistance cartomizer. It worked best for me. I recently started learning on RBA's and atm im experimenting with sub ohm, but for my ProVari the next tank I would like to have is a kayfun or russian. (RBA's) which will save you ga son your trip to the local vape shop or save your money from shipping. ONce you have kanthal wire (100 ft for under 10 bucks) and 100% cotton balls (under 10 bucks as well) - both will last you for a lifetime, basically. at that point you'll only be spending money on q-liquid and not spending so much on clearos or cartos overtime. Kayfuns and russains are easy rebuildables.

2. Connor S

Connor S Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2014
    Orlando, Florida
    Where can I pick up a couple kayfun's

3. Gfinch

Gfinch Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2013
    Pilot Point, TX
    I ordered the 25mm XL's from IBTanked just before i picked up my Provari. I know it will hang over the sides but will it be too much? Is there a flared beauty ring anyone knows about for the 25mm? I wanted maximum capacity for my ADV whil I drive thru the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. Glenn_K

Glenn_K Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2013
    Toronto
    That looks really good with the Provari cone, tempted to order one right away (btw, in that 2nd pic, how do you get your KF to stand upside down like that? ;))

I'm partial to the look of a 20 mm-wide genny as a topper, though I plan to get a ring to make it flush:

Cobra.jpg

5. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    provari&IBT.jpg

A 25mm IBTanked will look like this on a Provari.

I don't know of a flared beauty ring for this combination. The IBT Pro 22 proring would help aesthetically, but there will still be some overlap of the tank.

6. silvertorch

silvertorch Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2014
    Chicago
    I say IBTanked, they even have a "color" that will match the Zombie Provari =)

7. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Yes, it's the "Toxic" green - and if you put in NOTES when ordering that you want it ZOMBIE, they'll do a blood splatter for you!!
    [​IMG]

8. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

The ProVari body is ≈ 22mm, so for a 25mm tank to be flush you would have to find a tapered ring. I'm not aware of any rings that size. I've done some research in the past and found that there might be some potential in rings made for body jewelry (gauges), camera lens adaptors and roller wheel bearings, but nothing exactly right.

If you don't like the look of the overhang, you might consider using the IBTanks at home and getting an Aspire Nautilus for when you go out, although it's expensive and I'm not sure of the outer dimension.

For a less expensive option I suggest a HyperTank. It's a monster of a BCC glass clearo, holding 5ml of juice. It's 22mm in diameter, so you can use a regular beauty ring or go without (the overhang isn't that much). It uses the same heads as a Protank, but I didn't find the flavor muted or have any problems with leaking. It also has metal around the outside (2 styles), so it has some protection if dropped. I like everything about the tank except the size. If it came in a 2.5ml size, I would buy a bunch of them. The HyperTank comes with a drip tip, but takes a regular 510 so you can change it. I have a black chrome one with a black chrome ming tip. It looks very sharp!

This vendor also has the best price for an Aspire Nautilus that I've seen.

HyperTank

The one in the middle is a HyperTank on a full size ProVari with a beauty ring. The other two are both 22mm regular IBTanks. The one on the right has a beauty ring, the one on the left doesn't, so you can see the 22mm overhang.

[​IMG]

9. Seann.V91

Seann.V91 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2013
    Plano, TX
    they have the clones on Fasttech.com. Im trying to get the real Kayfun or Russian on vaperev.com but they're sold out. As far as i know once they release a batch ready for sales they sell out fast.

10. rastapete69

rastapete69 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2013
    Orlando
    I would stay away from the fast tech clones and go with Tobeco or HCigar

R91s can be found without too much difficulty and Google

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. rastapete69

rastapete69 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2013
    Orlando
    Just checked and the vendors who normally have them are indeed sold out, but that changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. AngiBe

AngiBe Vapeaholic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN
    I'd say IBtanked or Sophia byLeo (easy to use). I have heard good things about the Aspire Nautilus tank but can't vouched for it. I don't own one.

13. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
  14. Southern Tina

Southern Tina Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    I always get a burnt flavor with the HyperTank. I've tried different voltage, changing wicks, etc. I can't get the darn thing to produce a flavor that doesn't taste burnt. What on earth am I doing wrong? Or did I get the only dud made? Which would be the norm for me, haha

15. Susan W.

Susan W. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    Do you get burnt flavor from Protanks? Wondering if it's all encompassing or just the HyperTank. The reason I didn't like it is because it's just so big. I like smaller tanks.

16. Southern Tina

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    Nope. Just the HyperTank? It's odd.

17. Splatnext

Splatnext Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    near the beach
    When the HyperTank doesn't taste burned it floods, I got rid of mine post haste.I thought they where sooo cool looking when I bought them.:blush:

18. Southern Tina

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    Yep. The exact thing happened to me.

19. goto10

goto10 Full Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Winnipeg, MB
    I'm really loving the Nautilus. Great flavor and vapor production, massive tank, idiot proof and it looks decent!

Clipboard01.jpg

20. LoganCrane

LoganCrane Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2013
    TEXAS BY GAWD
    KFL+, KF Mini, Squape as far as rebuildable

SnP or IBT for Cartos...

eBaron or HH357 for drippers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.