Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
REVIEW OF THE JAC VAPOUR SERIES B DNA75W

images

I own two of these regulated mods, purchased with my own money. I have a black 22m and the sandstorm 25mm.

I've owned several mods over the last six years to compare:
  • Wismec reuleaux RX200
  • Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus
  • Geekvape Aegis Legend
  • Two JAC Vapour series B DNA75W
  • Three Provari 2.5 and Provari P3
  • Two Silver Bullet mechanical mods
  • AltSmoke BB mechanical mod
  • Reo Grand mechanical bottom feeder mod
  • Vapage V-Mod XL mechanical squonk mod
My personal preference is for a small compact, pocket-friendly battery device that uses a single external battery. I don't mind carrying a spare charged battery in a plastic carrying case if I'm going to be out and about for a period of time.

The JAC Vapour series B DNA75W is my perfect vaping companion. It's compact size makes it easy to transport in a pants or jacket pocket. I think it is a sexy, classy looking mod. Designed and manufactured by a Scottish company, JAC Vapour has earned an excellent reputation for manufacturing high quality mods and offering excellent customer service and support.

282352_da4fb6f1-a38b-4fdf-8baf-66891c6ecbcd

The Series B DNA75W utilizes the famed Evolv DNA chipset, one of the most desirable boards in the industry. It is available in two models.
  • The black model is suitable for a 22mm atomizer.
  • The sandstone brushed metal alloy model is suitable for a 25mm atomizer. This model has top and bottom "lip" extensions to accomodate a larger atomizer without obvious overhang. I find the bottom lip to be particularly useful to help prevent my setup from toppling over when the mod is set down in the upright position.
  • Both models share the same physical dimensions, identical electronic components and features.
jacvapour-b-DNA-75-tank-siz.jpg

19485375_jacvapour-series-b-dna75-25mm-mod_t6fe93f6.jpg

rgvGWLL3sZu35UbY9yX6PXSnBBubv03aQg.png

This mod has a spring loaded 510 pin. It has both wattage and temp control. Being a DNA device, one can use Escribe to upload firmware updates and customize your personal settings.

Escribe-software-2.jpg

The starter kit includes the mod, a micro USB charging cord, and instruction manual. Price is 80 EU and is available only on the JAC Vapour website.
JAC Vapour

Whats-in-JAC-Vapour-Series-B-DNA-kit.jpg

In order to get started, the Series B DNA 75W requires 1 x IMR 18650 battery which is sold separately. Be careful when attaching the battery to the mod because it’s quite a tight fit. Don’t try and brute force it or you could damage some of the components. The negative battery contact is spring-loaded.

The mod uses a magnitized battery cover. A few customers have had a magnet fall out of place. Although this has only happened to a few people, some have simply replaced them with a dab of Super Glue. If the magnets get lost, the mod can be returned to JAC Vapour and they will replace the magnets free of charge. JAC Vapour believes they have solved the problem of wandering magnets for future consumers. I've not experienced this problem with my two JACs. JAC Vapour provides a 6 month warranty.

jac-vapor-series-b-dna-75w-sandstorm-mod-review-vaperevs-12.jpg

I'm not a high wattage vaper (typically 30 watts). I use Samsung 18650 30Q 3000mAh 15 amp batteries and get nearly a day's use from one before needing to replace the battery. If you plan to use the Series B 75W at its full 75 watts, I suggest you use a 25 amp battery like the Sony VTC5A.

If you carry your mod in your pocket or purse, I strongly recommend that you disable the fire button first. The fire button is quite sensitive and could be accidentally fired if the button gets pressed inadvertantly. Five rapid clicks turn the mod on or off.

The early edition of the black JAC had a rubberized paint finish which was prone to scratch marks, revealing a bare metal appearance. Mine suffered from this, and I put a vinyl protective skin from Vapor Skinz on it to protect its finish from further scratches. JAC Vapour believes it has solved this problem by using a different black finish which will be more durable.

0428181701-1-jpg.741697

Series B 75W with a Vapor Skinz vinyl skin (thanks Katdarling for the pic)

The sandstorm finish is a brushed metal alloy which has proven to be extremely durable over time.

Of all of my mods, this is my hands down favorite. It is extremely comfortable in the hand and reminds me of a more powerful Mini Provari. Like my old Provaris, it provides that "smooth" vaping experience Provape was noted for. This mod has become quite popular and is often recommended on the E-Cigarette Forum. JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

dna75-kit.jpg

jac-vapor-series-b-dna-75w-sandstorm-mod-review-vaperevs-7.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread