Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Italians have a rule. If we can cover it in sauce, cheese, garlic, or olive oil - it's FOOD.

Say what?
VkHNKKm.jpg

Reactions: jwbnyc

daveinleics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
England
Italians have a rule. If we can cover it in sauce, cheese, garlic, or olive oil - it's FOOD.

"Escargots". I rest my case. :lol:

The Italians also have another rule - if it is not Italian it is not worth eating :)
While they would certainly go with the cheese, garlic and olive oil I'm not so sure about the escargots as they are French :w00t:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The Italians also have another rule - if it is not Italian it is not worth eating :)
While they would certainly go with the cheese, garlic and olive oil I'm not so sure about the escargots as they are French :w00t:

So you're saying we're about stealing stuff? You've never been to the Bronx, I take it. ;)

That's very nice of you, by the way, and please don't tell Fredo. He thinks they're Italian (he doesn't know any better). :lol:

:toast:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Apparently I like escargots. We were living in France at the time and my mom decided to cook some. I ate EVERYONE's escargots (including the grownups). I was around 2 I think?

I still haven't retried them. I figure I've surely learned better by now? Also, ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, and I think that might have been some sort of infant abuse. I could be wrong, but my family didn't waste food when they could help it, I guess....

Anna

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Apparently I like escargots. We were living in France at the time and my mom decided to cook some. I ate EVERYONE's escargots (including the grownups). I was around 2 I think?

I still haven't retried them. I figure I've surely learned better by now? Also, ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, and I think that might have been some sort of infant abuse. I could be wrong, but my family didn't waste food when they could help it, I guess....

Anna
I tried those once and liked them. Not surprisingly, given my locale, I haven’t seen them on a menu in a long time.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Snails, Squids, and Jac Squishies.

How nice to read these postatas.

I used Escribe twice, once on each JAC. I loaded pics to the screens (yawn).

That was plenty for me. My mods are working fine without it. EVERY time I press the button, vapor comes out of the topper.

PushVapeGrunt. :thumb:

I did some sort of Escribe myself at some point, and I believe it was on my Fred Nanos. That seems like ages ago.

It was. It was cute.

20160813_131950.jpg

Oooooo, oui! But we like-a dem too, caro mio.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
:offtopic: {begin}

Almost as if on queue...

Olive Garden is now serving 'Italian nachos'

Of course, everyone knows how "we" feel about Olive Garden. For those who are unfamiliar, I'll let Johnny T. explain it. He does it much better than I do.

:offtopic: {end}

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm just gonna leave this right here, in case (he or she) pops (his or her) head in. If (he or she) wishes it to be known, then it shall be known. Otherwise, just enjoy the cake and don't ask any questions. ;)

:bday:

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
I'm just gonna leave this right here, in case (he or she) pops (his or her) head in. If (he or she) wishes it to be known, then it shall be known. Otherwise, just enjoy the cake and don't ask any questions. ;)

Seems like a Bad idea.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014

It's getting confusing.

daveinleics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
England
So you're saying we're about stealing stuff? You've never been to the Bronx, I take it. ;)

That's very nice of you, by the way, and please don't tell Fredo. He thinks they're Italian (he doesn't know any better). :lol:

:toast:

Ha - this reminds me of a conference I went to in the USA quite a few years ago. I was talking to a guy who was a head of department in a University and he was telling me about the problems that occur with tenured academics (you can't fire them!). He had an ancient member of staff who said to him that the only way he was leaving was feet first. "I'm from the Bronx" he told me "I could arrange it" :lol:

I have actually driven through the Bronx - rather quickly :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I thought the Bronx was awesome when I encountered it. I would live in NYC honestly, only it truly is the city that never sleeps, I had dreadful insomnia my whole visit. No um, horses heads in my bed, I mean closet or anything, but NYC is da Bomb.

I just literally would go insane if I visited. Oddly, many NYC friends of mine when I was working in East Baltimore in the late 90s, well, I would take them on a tour of Baltimore After Dark, and it was amazing how many of them cried out, "OMG, take me home.... We're going to get KILLED."

The house I used to live in was in the Riot Zone back East that last big riot. Our street and everything. I'm glad I moved, I don't like riots, although we have had 3 assassins in our neighborhood get nabbed by the cops. I am ALWAYS polite to my neighbors, even the one who is clearly insane.... He keeps taking his daughter target practicing in our shared wash.

There is a target practice location less than a two minute drive away.... I haven't worked up the courage to point that out, not because he's so scary, but he's so incoherent. I'd wind up trapped, talking about extraterrestrial life for the next two hours....

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Ha - this reminds me of a conference I went to in the USA quite a few years ago. I was talking to a guy who was a head of department in a University and he was telling me about the problems that occur with tenured academics (you can't fire them!). He had an ancient member of staff who said to him that the only way he was leaving was feet first. "I'm from the Bronx" he told me "I could arrange it" :lol:

I have actually driven through the Bronx - rather quickly :)

Truths, all.

You CAN'T fire them (believe it or not). :facepalm:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep, and it's a shame. I would literally fire EVERY professor at the U of Arizona, and shut them down. They are not worthy of the name "University."

OMG, that reminds me of the time I tried to use their "teaching hospital." I left in under an hour and drove to Phoenix. I figured it would be safer/faster.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread