Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois

Yes that is the one , depending on the job its mixed with equal parts i use a toothpick .
For something such as that magnet total needed and plenty would be no more than the size of a grain of rice mixed (turns gray) and making sure surfaces to be bonded are clean.

Like it to fix small parts with it on model trains like cowcatchers cracked castings etc and usually mix it on a sticky note with a toothpick .

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
JB Weld is an awesome product but quite possibly overkill for this magnet issue. Most just put a single drop of super glue in the magnet compartment before dropping the magnet in and it does the trick.
Your right it is overkill.
I also have superglue always on hand but use that for plastic just once in a while get some on a finger tip or two and have to go to garage and wet a rag with solvent to remove.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
A picture of it is in the Tootle Puffers thread. That picture beats JAC's advertising picture, makes me want one.

JAC IS BACK! Only been in my hands for a few minutes but I am digging the sandstorm finish and the 25mm lips are not uncomfortable at all.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A picture of it is in the Tootle Puffers thread. That picture beats JAC's advertising picture, makes me want one.
I took the liberty @RainSong . This is a sexy looking setup. :wub:
63940bb36a2c36ec773189a7399c8bef.jpg

Last edited:

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
Well it happened again! This time the top magnet on the mod came out. I made the worse mistake possible... putting it back in wrong and can't get it back out.

When the 1st magnet came out (bottom battery door) I didn't realize that I put that one in wrong, so... long story short...

Contacted JV customer service and my little Jacko will be taking a trip across the pond. Hopefully it will get a permanent fix. If it can't be fixed that the replacement will have stronger glue to hold those magnets in place.

I'm glad that I only have one of those little buggers!

Love the mod but HATE those blasted magnets!!

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
I keep thinking that perhaps the magnets themselves are just a bit too strong. Since the rest of the device seems so well thought out, I suspect the magnets were chosen for higher strength than the average device.

If they use high strength magnets then they should use very strong glue or something to keep them in place or maybe a different design for the battery door.

I don't think everyone who have the Jac have problems with the magnets coming out. Just a select few... like me. :laugh:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well, that sucks. However, we have on numerous occasions reminded folks to be sure the magnets were oriented correctly. :)

But we still screw up. Don't feel bad. I put a new throttle body gasket on my truck a couple months ago. I knew it had to be oriented correctly before I put everything back together so I looked at it no less than three times to be sure it was correct. And I still got it wrong. :facepalm:

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
Well, that sucks. However, we have on numerous occasions reminded folks to be sure the magnets were oriented correctly. :)

But we still screw up. Don't feel bad. I put a new throttle body gasket on my truck a couple months ago. I knew it had to be oriented correctly before I put everything back together so I looked at it no less than three times to be sure it was correct. And I still got it wrong. :facepalm:

Thanks Bronze but I still feel like an idiot. I took it off the other magnet with a screwdriver to make sure I had it lined up correctly... feeling the pull before placing it back in and still did it wrong.

I'm hoping I will be like the others here and not have any more problems when I get it back.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks Bronze but I still feel like an idiot. I took it off the other magnet with a screwdriver to make sure I had it lined up correctly... feeling the pull before placing it back in and still did it wrong.

I'm hoping I will be like the others here and not have any more problems when I get it back.
What'yuh gonna do. Lesson learned, I guess.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Don't feel stupid... I have done really, really stupid things to my vape, things you wouldn't expect, like putting a battery in backwards (all hail REGULATED vapes), all kinds of stuff. Hopefully you get your jac back all LOVELY and working well with the magnets.

I have to say, given how this company handles issues/problems with operation, it just makes me want one MORE. Plus, the PICS. LOL.

Anna

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
The battery door on my new Sandstorm Jac is much, much tighter. Not as easy to get back on. Haven’t decided if it’s a good or bad thing yet. Luckily I never had issues with my magnets on the last one. Also expecting fewer issues with the brushed finish over the whole device. It seems the fire button is not as sensitive too, and a little more clicky.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The battery door on my new Sandstorm Jac is much, much tighter. Not as easy to get back on. Haven’t decided if it’s a good or bad thing yet. Luckily I never had issues with my magnets on the last one. Also expecting fewer issues with the brushed finish over the whole device. It seems the fire button is not as sensitive too, and a little more clicky.
If I had any other gripe about the Series-B beyond the magnets it would be the fire button. It is really soft. I would prefer it a bit clickier. But again. it's a minor gripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread