Jackamoo Juice - Just Like Grandma's Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look and give my opinion on the Just Like Grandma'a Range of e-liquids from Jackamoo juice. The Just Like Grandma's Range was supplied for the purpose of this review by Terry from Jackamoo juice.

https://www.jackamoojuice.com/

Jackamoo Juice are located in West Bromwich (come on you baggies!) the West Midlands UK and have a large selection of Shake 'n' Vape e-liquids as well as some interesting short fill ranges. They also have a very good selection of concentrates and a selection of hardware, batteries (including chargers), and DIY accessories. I was sent the Just Like Grandma's Short Fill Range which has 5 flavours of much loved desserts which if you are youngish you can relate to but if you are getting on like me you will feel the range should of been called Just like Mum's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before i crack on with the review as usual below is a section taken from Jackamoo Juice's website:

HAND CRAFTED IN THE UK IN OUR ISO LABORATORY USING ONLY THE FINEST PHARMA GRADE INGREDIENTS ,REST ASSURED THAT ALL OUR JUICES ARE SENT OUT AFTER HAVING A MINIMUM 4 WEEKS STEEPING SO THEY ARE READY TO VAPE ON ARRIVAL ,OUR JUICES ONLY COME IN ONE RATIO 70VG/30PG HAS WE FIND THAT IT IS THE BEST FOR FLAVOUR AND CLOUDS AND ALSO SUITABLE FOR ALL DEVICES WHETHER ITS A BEGINNER OR THE MORE ADVANCED SETUP. BUYING FROM JACKAMOO YOU ARE BUYING FROM A SMALL FAMILY RUN BUSINESS WHO PRIDE THEMSELVES ON GIVING YOU PREMIUM QUALITY JUICE BUT WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY A PREMIUM PRICE .

Normally i leave this section alone after all it's not my words but a message from the manufacturer but i must say their site is well worth a look as the part about "without having to pay premium price" is very true, very low prices!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Just Like Grandma's Range come in Gorilla bottles with removable nozzle's, simply push the nozzle to one side and pull which causes it to pop out, once your nic shot/shots are added just press back into place until it clicks securely.

The flavours come in 60ml bottles with room left for the needed nic shot/shots to give you the required nicotine strength, the ratio of all the flavours are 70VG/30PG. They are available in 0mg, 3mg or 6mg, and the flavour is made to a strength so it's at the correct concentration once the nic shot/shots are added. So for example if you get a 3mg flavour you will receive 50ml of e-liquid in a 60ml capacity Gorilla bottle and 1 10ml nic shot to be added. I received all 5 flavours as 0mg so 60ml of e-liquid in each bottle.

The Just Like Grandma's Flavours:

Apple Pie

Lemon Drizzle Cake

Rice Pudding and Jam

Banoffee Pie

Strawberry Cheesecake

Testing Equipment

I normally use 3mg e-liquids but because i received 0mg and didn't want to alter the make up of the e-liquids in any way i kept them as 0mg and added no nicotine. I tested the flavours on 2 different set-ups, to get some consistency i will be using the same equipment as my last few reviews but with fresh coils.

The first set-up was in the Smoant Naboo Tank on the Smoant Naboo using a mesh stock coil 0.20ohm resistance at 50W.

The second set-up was the Vapefly Horus RTA on the Sigelei Evaya using a Staged Fused Clapton 2x28 Kanthal Cores, 40 N80 Binding, 26 N80 staged heating wire, 3.0mmID, 5/6 wraps 0.30ohm (+/- 0.03) resistance at 45W.

The cotton used was jellyfish.

Picture of equipment used but not at the time of testing.

My Experience Trying The Flavours

Apple Pie
https://www.jackamoojuice.com/product-pa...ma-s-range

On opening the bottle the aroma is sweetened Butter and tangy Apples with something else which i couldn't identify. The inhale see's a layered well balanced dessert, a very butter rich pastry and authentic Apple flavour now more sweet with less tang than when smelling the open bottle. The pastry and Apple flavours are bang on the correct proportions making the whole dessert flavour very authentic. Sitting in the background is the the flavour i couldn't identify which although subtle is now unmistakably Cinnamon (Apple and Cinnamon a match made in heaven). The exhale see's the rich pastry slightly withdraw allowing the Cinnamon to merge with the Apple leaving a wonderful aftertaste.

SCORE 9.25/10

Lemon Drizzle Cake

On opening the bottle tangy Lemon is the aroma, but if you keep having sniffs you can occasionally identify cake. The inhale has cake much more evident than when smelling the open bottle and 2 layers of Lemon. In the fore is a sweetened Lemon syrup which despite the sweetness retains a certain amount of tanginess. Then there is a taste of Lemon Zest which seems buried within the cake flavour. The Exhale see's the Lemon Zest much more evident leaving me with a tangy Lemon and cake aftertaste, not over complicated.

SCORE 8.75/10

Rice Pudding and Jam

On opening the bottle the aroma is a dense sweet cream with sweet Strawberry. The inhale reveals a very thick sweet creamy flavour just like the flavour of Rice Pudding. A very nice homemade Strawberry Jam flavour is much more evident than it should be for this to be like any Rice Pudding with Jam i have ever had but only because no calories need to be watched so dollop that Jam on. The Exhale really doesn't change and the aftertaste still see's a rich cream and Strawberry Jam present with the Strawberry Jam outlasting the cream lingering in the mouth . This is guilt edged Rice Pudding and Jam, very moreish.

SCORE 9/10

Banoffee Pie

On opening the bottle the aroma of Banana, Toffee, Cream and almost a sweet Buttery crumble flavour hit me and not as merged as flavours tend to be when smelling a bottle of e-liquid, every flavour has a clear identity. Wow this e-liquid is very layered and well crafted, sitting in the background but not hiding is a Butter rich biscuit flavour and light unsweetened cream. Authentic Banana dominate the belly of this e-liquid which is topped with a moreish (must be word of the day) Toffee sauce. The exhale see's the background flavours merge more allowing for the Banana and Toffee to totally dominate. The aftertaste is Banana and Toffee (which now as a slightly fudge type taste) all the way.

SCORE 9.5/10

Strawberry Cheesecake

On smelling the open bottle the aroma is ripe Strawberries and cream with digestive biscuit also evident but less so. This is an interesting take on Strawberry Cheesecake, it's Strawberry Cheesecake without the cheese. I find with quite a few Cheesecake flavour e-liquids that while trying to get the soft cheese flavour they actually end up with a flavour nearer to condensed milk making the e-liquid too sickly, the better ones simply have it more as a background flavour. Here they have been brave and gone heavy on cream as a better alternative and for me it works. The Inhale see's the cream take up the middle ground rather than the background, that honour has been given to authentic digestive biscuit flavour, unlike some of these desserts not rich in butter with this one. The Strawberries seem layered cleverly throughout and are very much a taste that remind me of pick your own Strawberries (the most honest person in the world still does the one Strawberry in the tub to be weighed to 3 in the mouth ratio). I found the digestive biscuit become more evident on the exhale increasing the sweetness of the juice and the cream more light. The aftertaste was juicy freshly picked Strawberries.

SCORE 9/10

Final Thoughts

5 fantastic tasting flavours for the dessert lovers, these flavours are as you would want desserts to taste but they would be just too unhealthy. Butter rich, sweet, Creamy and even the Rice Pudding gets an extra spoon of Jam. I loved all 5 flavours but the stand outs were Apple pie and Banoffee pie, they are all moreish.

I would once again like to thank Terry from Jackamoo Juice for supplying the Just Like Grandma's Range for the purpose of this review.

https://www.jackamoojuice.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread