Janty Customer Service contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waskel

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
127.0.0.1[Oregon]
Hello, all. Long time smoker here aspiring to be a vaping nubee...
Based on many threads read here and on other forums concerning their good customer service, I decided to start with the Janty Dura-C.
Read about all the fast shipments, the great communication, read the shipping statement on their website (shipped next day, 1 to 4 days delivery) and made my order. 3 days ago. Other than the immediate email requesting payment through paypal, not another word from them.
I sent one email asking for confirmation of payment received as I had paid through a different paypal account. No response.
I sent another the next day as I noticed (when checking my order status) that the shipping state had been set to AL, not OR. (I later discovered that if you miss an entry when setting up your account, the page refreshes and all the information is retained EXCEPT the state, which reverts back to AL, the first entry.)
So I emailed them to correct this, hopefully before it was shipped. Again, no response, and my order still reads AL.
I emailed them again this morning (squeaky wheel theory) in hopes of getting someone's attention before my order went out with the wrong state on the label.

This is very frustrating. I have an ecommerce business, and I understand all the issues that can come up... but communication is king when dealing with a faceless business. They have my money - don't I deserve the consideration of a reply?
I would love to do business with them, I like the looks of their products, I like what I've heard about them, but this first experience is a little unsettling. I'm leaving on a trip the 17th, and hoped to have my kit by then. According to their own website I should have.

I hate it that my first post here is a complaint... well, it's not really a complaint, it just reads like one.

I've read here of people contacting there customer service by phone... but I've been scouring the net for a number and there doesn't seem to be one. Certainly not on their website. Can someone who has it PLEASE pm me with it so I can get this address situation straightened out?

Thanks for your indulgence from a hopefully soon to be vaper!

mace bewley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2009
Rogers AR
yeah be patient with jeff right now, he just went through a big move and i think is still
getting things worked out from the first issue of the dura. after he gets everything straight he will be back on his game. i have nothing but high praise for him. but you are right in the fact that a little communication goes a long way in a faceless business.

zzz

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
i have experience with Jeff @ janty.. he is a great guy.. i ordered for kissbox earlier on feb and it was 3 days on delivered, when emailed to him and promptly answered.. hope he was busy the first day.. the second day i got response..

I also received some dura c catridges,, when i ordered kissbox, i emailed him and replied immed apologizing the same day.. great guy,,, good customer service so far ... but now the site is down for 2 days not sure whats going on... i heard jantyusa.com is shifting the office... maybe he will be busy moving stuffs

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
There's another thread on this forum-Janty's website was attacked - someone is trying to hack into and shut it down.

The Dura C's are inbound, and I guess they'll start shipping Monday (I hope...been waiting for mine forever!)

Jeff from Janty is on this forum - JantyUSA

Last edited:

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
My problem with JantyUSA is that my order has nothing to do with the Dura C. My items were (supposedly) in stock. I've not received a single communication regarding my order after the automated confirmation. Not even word that my Paypal payment was received. When their web site states that all orders will be shipped the day after payment is received, I expect that to happen. I understand that sometimes 'things' happen, but come on... reasonable is reasonable. I could have driven to Dallas and back in one day... I'm that close.

I find the total lack of communication and the 'we'll ship it whenever' mentality to be a little off-putting. Personal experiences do vary... but for myself, I will never order from them again.

Hell, if I could reasonably expect enough communication to do so, I'd cancel my order. Other suppliers have begun carrying a manual switch/usb combination. I'd rather have my money back and buy from someone who appreciates my business.

[Edit] Oh yeah... Jeff from Janty is on the forum. 27 posts since July 2008. Impressive communication, no?

Last edited:

rivlez

Mar 13, 2009
I submitted an order on 3/11 and it STILL has not been shipped. I contact him on 3/12 to ask for shipping info and he says it might not ship today and that it may ship the next day. I was kind of upset especially after it clearly says that items ship the day after payment is received, but I was said whatever. He said they were not in stock on Thursday and might be in. I contact him on Friday and he sends an email back saying they will not be in stock until Monday. How can you list something on your site that is not in stock without letting buyers know?!?! On JantyUSA.com it still shows that it is NOT out of stock. I emailed last night and this morning to find any info and I still haven't heard anything. This is the worst service I have ever seen in my entire life. It takes forever to get a response. The worst part of this is that my friend and I ordered a few minutes apart and my friend emailed on 3/12 also asking about his order and Jeff emailed back saying it would ship 3/13. Meanwhile He told me that mine would possibly ship 3/12 but definitely 3/13. This is absolutely BS. Just ship my order out already for Christ's sake. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow I am filing a complain with PayPal and getting my money back. Just wanted to let people know how terrible this guy is.

On a side note: I ordered a DSE901 from AltSmoke this afternoon. He responded to my question in a matter of a few minutes and was VERY helpful. 10 minutes later I had a tracking number and he told me that he is shipping it right now. Thanks Rob.

Frubbish

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Colorado, USA
I have been fighting really hard to bite my 'fingers' on this subject. I ordered the KB Classic Extended and Dura-C along with numerous carts on 3/2, and am still waiting for my items. I was told they would ship out friday or monday(3/16 - today), so I will wait until tomorrow to hopefully hear something before ranting, but this is definitely bordering on ridiculous.

Inventory is one thing, but customer service should never be out-of-stock.

aspen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Ca.
I also had ordered from Janty for the dura c model which is also the titan in uk. I first initially ordered from the uk site not knowing better (stupid). I received a week later and all four batteries were dead on arrival. So being new to this i was a little upset but sent the batterries back and they are replacing them with new ones. Very nice and responsive but what the heck I am dealing with someone oceans apart. I thought I need to find a usa supplier for this products because I really like this model and it's capacity for holding liquid. I of course had no idea i would encounter four yes that's four dead batteries on arrival. So here is this Janty with the same product under a different name and I am thinking ok lets give them a try they are local and service should be much quicker. Well ordered it on 3-2-09 and got an email back a couple of days later saying it would shipped out on thursday the 12th of this month. Still have not received it to date 3-16-09 which doesn't really bother me seeing that I have other units as well. I tend to agree with the others here some communication would be polite after taking the money. Patiently waiting some sort of response from this company. Did I mention I had ordered some equipment from china a day later and received it in five days which leads me to believe they need to hire more people and at least communicate. People tend to get upset when they take the money and then no communication. I am the same as the others in that I want to like this company but COMMUNICATE please, otherwise we end up oceans apart.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
I've never ordered from Janty but it sounds to me like he's selling a lot of things he doesn't really have. It's bad business to sell something unless you have it in your hand and can ship it within a day or two. If you are still waiting for it to come from a backed-up supplier than list it as Out Of Stock. Selling stuff you don't have will do nothing but cause trouble.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Then whoever it is, they are not responding to any email that my friend or I send him. I just want to know what is going on with my order. Why do things have to be so hard?!

You aren't the only one. I have had zero communication from him since placing my order. My items weren't out of stock according to the web page. Someone placing an almost identical order got theirs a while back. I'm giving it until Friday before I file a Paypal dispute. I guess you have to be 'special' to get any attention from this guy. What makes 'special' I don't have a clue. All in all, pretty shoddy business practices... from no communication, selling things he doesn't have, circumventing Paypal's business fees by having you send payment to a personal account... I regret ever choosing to do business with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread