Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
ego_carto.jpg

Janty eGo XL - Janty eGo

Carts & cartos in RY4, tobacco, or empty.

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Toby ... I cannot thank you enough for this FANTASTIC product !!

Never thought the day would come when I would forsake my Silver Bullet and its precious 801 atty, but it arrived !

I am still using the same cartomizer, that came with it, so that's 5 days, and have filled it very easily using pointed end tweezers to remove the tip and inner cover, then a syringe with a needle to refill.

Currently I have filled it 5 times, up to 1.5ml, which is the most I have attempted to put into it.

I love the draw on this thing, its so like the 801...

Have not used the atomiser and carts yet, as I want to see how long this carto will last.

LOVE IT !!!!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA

Never thought the day would come when I would forsake my Silver Bullet and its precious 801 atty, but it arrived !

I am still using the same cartomizer, that came with it, so that's 5 days, and have filled it very easily using pointed end tweezers to remove the tip and inner cover, then a syringe with a needle to refill.

Currently I have filled it 5 times, up to 1.5ml, which is the most I have attempted to put into it.

I love the draw on this thing, its so like the 801...

Have not used the atomiser and carts yet, as I want to see how long this carto will last.

LOVE IT !!!!
Thanks Pet.....You can forget answering the question I just posted for you on the "other" thread...LOL!!

Going to buy my pointy tweezers today!!:D

:)The Wiz!

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
Hey Wiz - thanks for calling by my sub-forum! :)

It gets kinda lonely here out in the wilderness... ;)

I realised when getting these eGo cartos in that I should have got some e-liquid injectors as well, which are now on order...
(not sure I will be stretching as far as supplying tweezers; and there are other tools you can use to remove the plastic caps, of course...)

...LOVE IT !!!!

And thank you as well Chris! I had a feeling you might like 'em! :D

But if you want to use your Silver Bullet with the eGo cartos, you can. :p
The eGo cartos can be used with all mods that have a 510 thread.
You can easily trim off the plastic sleeve with fine scissors, or carefully with a sharp craft knife.

(not really that easy with the eGo XL atomisers because they have metal on the inside of the sleeve, so you would need to use a dremel type tool, with a mini cutting blade)

IMG_0301.jpg

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Hey Wiz - thanks for calling by my sub-forum! :)

It gets kinda lonely here out in the wilderness... ;)

I realised when getting these eGo cartos in that I should have got some e-liquid injectors as well, which are now on order...
(not sure I will be stretching as far as supplying tweezers; and there are other tools you can use to remove the plastic caps, of course...)
Toby........If you can fill me in on what other tool I can use to get those caps off I will visit you in "The Wilderness" more often!...LOL! Am I right in thinking a standard syringe will work to puncture the chamber and fill the cartos? I want to be prepared! Really glad Pet(Christina)has a great place on the other side of the pond to get her goodies from!

Cheers!

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
Probably one of the best tools to remove the caps from the eGo cartomiser, is to make one yourself out of a pin, or a thick paper clip. Use some bull-nosed pliers to twist the end round to create a sharp hook tool.

Or you can buy various types of hook tool; one like this looks sufficient -
Standard Hook Tool

hook_tool_.jpg

A standard syringe can be used to puncture the seal, but syringes come in many shapes and sizes. The hole is small (less than 2mm I think), so you need to make sure the needle is not too fat. And I don't think it wise to use a sharp syringe as an injector, when it is full of nicotine fluid.

The best e-liquid injector to use to fill eGo cartos is one with a safe blunt 18G size needle.
(Well, I hope so.. because I have some on order... ;))

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Actually I have a pair of long tweezers with a 45degree bend on the end of them and pulling out the secone inner cap is much easier with these then a dental hook or pick tool, it's also easier installing that second inner cap with these as well, so one tool im finding works better than anything and it's these teezers with the angled end on them, grab a pair and give em a shot they work best IMHO

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Hey Wiz......great to see you here !!!

Yes, mwa, you are right, those tweezer tips fit so easily into the two holes of that inner seal, and removing it is just a simple task of lift, same goes for replacing it.

I used the paperclip method at first, then my common sense took over and I remembered the tweezers, so now a refill is a simple 2 min job.

The syringe I am using is a 3ml with a 23G x 5/8" or 0.6 x 16mm needle, which is fine, but it requires a bit of patience to use as its very fine.

If you get the same one, simply apply pressure when pulling the juice up into the syringe, and the vacuum created will do the rest if you hold it around the 1ml mark.

I would do a video, but my PC is in for repair, yes Toby........again ! so this PC has none of the software I would need loaded onto it.

I am indeed lucky finding Toby, he wont let me stray from the beaten track, when I do, he is there, guiding me back, and he will remain my friend always......

PS... cant use the carto on my SB as the adapter is well and truly glued into place....hahaha...

Last edited:

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Probably one of the best tools to remove the caps from the eGo cartomiser, is to make one yourself out of a pin, or a thick paper clip. Use some bull-nosed pliers to twist the end round to create a sharp hook tool.

Or you can buy various types of hook tool; one like this looks sufficient -
Standard Hook Tool

hook_tool_.jpg

A standard syringe can be used to puncture the seal, but syringes come in many shapes and sizes. The hole is small (less than 2mm I think), so you need to make sure the needle is not too fat. And I don't think it wise to use a sharp syringe as an injector, when it is full of nicotine fluid.

The best e-liquid injector to use to fill eGo cartos is one with a safe blunt 18G size needle.
(Well, I hope so.. because I have some on order... ;))
Thanks Toby!! I think I will use the pin or paperclip.....That "Tool" reminds me of more than one bad dental experience I have had recently!! Ouch!!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Hey Wiz......great to see you here !!!

Yes, mwa, you are right, those tweezer tips fit so easily into the two holes of that inner seal, and removing it is just a simple task of lift, same goes for replacing it.

I used the paperclip method at first, then my common sense took over and I remembered the tweezers, so now a refill is a simple 2 min job.

The syringe I am using is a 3ml with a 23G x 5/8" or 0.6 x 16mm needle, which is fine, but it requires a bit of patience to use as its very fine.

If you get the same one, simply apply pressure when pulling the juice up into the syringe, and the vacuum created will do the rest if you hold it around the 1ml mark.

I would do a video, but my PC is in for repair, yes Toby........again ! so this PC has none of the software I would need loaded onto it.

I am indeed lucky finding Toby, he wont let me stray from the beaten track, when I do, he is there, guiding me back, and he will remain my friend always......

PS... cant use the carto on my SB as the adapter is well and truly glued into place....hahaha...
Hi Pet(I still prefer Chris...LOL)!!I have the syringe I recieved with my first e-cig kit way back when. Seems to be a thicker needle,so I'm assuming it will will work for filling. I'm going to the drug store this afternoon....who knows I may find one of Toby's tooth scrapers while I am there...LOL...Or a pair of sharp tweezers.

Still looking for a vendor on my side of the pond who will take care of me in my hours of need like Toby has you! I love to hear stories like that!!

I'll let you know how I make out with the eGo cartos!
Cheers!!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Toby and Pet......Just got my ego cartos today!! Toby......Thanks for the tip on the tool.I found one at a local drug store that works fine for removing the mouthpeices. Chris.....I may have overfilled it initially as I was getting some leakage from the bottom.I should have stopped with 1 1/2ml but I wanted to see if I could squeeze more in there. It started getting a burnt taste when I added more too it. I blew some out and shaked it like crazy and it seems to be working ok.(Slight burnt taste) Looks kind of funny attached to my Prodigy with the adapter...but no cutting/trimming was necessary!

Could be I damaged the first one by overfilling....I won't be as greedy with the next one!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
yup angled tweezers work great as the tool, we need a bigger condom though to see if that fill method would work on these, there needs to be an easier way to fill then the current way, that would be nice,,, running these on my SB, & OMEGA and im finding I like em, only thing is I want to know how many refills we can get out of these Carto's anybody figure that out yet, im still going on the five I filled with all different flavors since I cant vape the same thing all day and like to switch up, If these things get a ton of refills like my 510's cartos do then these will be great

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Wiz, dont worry, you wont have ruined it.

I changed over to using an atomizer, for no other reason than wanting a change of flavour, and I overfilled a cart, so thought I had better let it dry out a bit. So I went back to the cartomizer, and immediately filled it, without thinking there could still be juice in the darned thing.......result? look for the SB while this lot dry out.......lol

I simply left them on a bit of kitchen roll for a while, till all settled down again..

The burnt taste I think is caused by vaping it too dry.....although I could be wrong about that, and stand to be corrected.

Dave... if there was an Oscar for best reviewer, you would be up there with Truelove !

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Wiz, dont worry, you wont have ruined it.

I changed over to using an atomizer, for no other reason than wanting a change of flavour, and I overfilled a cart, so thought I had better let it dry out a bit. So I went back to the cartomizer, and immediately filled it, without thinking there could still be juice in the darned thing.......result? look for the SB while this lot dry out.......lol

I simply left them on a bit of kitchen roll for a while, till all settled down again..

The burnt taste I think is caused by vaping it too dry.....although I could be wrong about that, and stand to be corrected.

Dave... if there was an Oscar for best reviewer, you would be up there with Truelove !
Pet....Maybe i will let it rest for a day or two then! I agree with you on the review by Dave(I didn't know his name?) he reminds me of a high strung Richard Harris! Very entertaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread