Janty - help me guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
I have a few questions which some of you out there might be able to help me with. Yesterday we received our 2 Janty kissbox classics.
On opening up the boxes it all looked very well presented. We ordered both colours with extra cartridges. I charged the first set of batteries up yesterday doing 16 hours then use for 20 minutes then recharge for another five hours. On using for 20 minutes the black one seem to take a while to get that hit like it needed priming for a while the silver one worked fine from the off.

As we were using both
Jantys for their 20 minutes before putting them back on charge that burning horrible taste started appearing why? It's a new atomiser. So we put the second set of batteries on to charge so we had two batteries each to go at tonight. They both are tasting like this .

So today after having the second set on charge for 16 hours then trying it to 20 minutes we still have this strange taste. but there's also like a strange paint smell type taste. It is hard to explain really which we have never experienced before. Any answers?

I've tried putting in various cartridges. Tobacco. Malborough. But the true flavour of what we used to . I don't seem to be getting that out of this. Example the tobacco cartridge seems like a soapy flavour I have also tried a few drops of liquid down there doesn't seem to make any difference to the taste.

The other I think is quality control the quality control card states 18th of July ..on the top of the atomiser where your mouthpiece fits in. The black paint is all chipped around the top. The silver ones paint job looks good doesn't seem to be any chips or scratches but the black one looks like it's been used before or thrown around quite a bit is this normal?

I must admit I am fussy when it comes to quality and scratches etc. It just puts me off a product straight away and I just don't want it. So never sell me a car. I won't want it repaired. I want a complete new car. Or nothing else will do.
Also both of them are not straight example the switch and battery do not line up. Manual switch and auto switch with the Jan T. logo is upside down when all fitted together which looks ridiculous and logos on the atomiser just don't line up like you would expect it to with a quality product is yours like mine? is that it's the way it's supposed to be?

I keep unscrewing- re-screw in to see if I can get them straight. It isn't rocket science why can't they get them straight or they should not be allowed out of the factory in this condition so why put a quality control card in the box. I don't blame the
Janty distributor for this they don't make it and you can't expect them to check every dam box. But it would make common sense to employ a team to do this as we can't trust China to do this. Putting us the customer in a distressful mood which is bad enough having to try and give real cigarettes up now were relying on electronic cigarettes to work out of the box to keep this on the straight and narrow.

As you know there are a few suppliers out there that actually test and check the item quality before they send them out. Some even charge the batteries up to. But I don't expect them to do that. What does it take to check whether it works or it doesn't work or it isn't straight or is straight then if they ain't right send them back to China and not sell on to the customer. I wouldn't mind but you all know these aren't cheap. If I'd paid a few dollars for them fair enough.

As you can all say I am absolutely bloody angry with all of this and I suppose if I want a straight one I will have to wait for over another week to get it replaced if that's the road that I choose to go down.
I am still waiting for my sedansa replacement which I was told last Friday it would be on its way and I am still waiting. We also e-mailed them twice today and they can't be bothered to return e-mail back .I suppose somebody is on holiday that's the normal excuse some distributors give you. ( Nobody should be on holiday because there should always be somebody in charge of that office).

The atomiser on these are identical to the sedansa. And from what I have experienced so far they both smoke pretty much the same except for a manual switch and smaller battery. USB etc.- We have not got that yet as we were told they were in the process of being manufactured. That's ridiculous you should have been told on the website prior to buying the items. We did receive an e-mail explaining this but that's too late once they've had your money. Our main reason for buying these models is so we could use them while we work at the computers.
Can anybody explain to me why we get this burning taste and the quickest way to get rid of it.?. Sometimes I've tried putting some liquid on atomiser and that tends to help for a while and then comes back also I've tried washing atomiser is out in warm water leaving them to dry overnight on my cheaper electronic cigarettes and sometimes that doesn't really make much difference to .

I know this burning taste issue as already been properly explained and discussed before. That you can see that I am that annoyed and sorry to bore you all with this but I would be very grateful for some good answers please.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
When my SmartFixx Atomizers 'auto-clean' (they heat up for abotu 30-40 blinks on the battery led- atomizer gets hot) it will cause an awful burnt taste and smell for quite soem time- soemtimes it will go away, but I had one where hte taste never left. Not sure if you overheated your atomizer and might have caused this kind of 'burn off' within hte atomizer where some liquid gets vapirized to point of solidifying to a fine dust, but I suspect htis is what happens when atomizers self clean, and hte awful taste wil lreamin until dust works it's way out of atomizer

Not sure what's goign on with yours as it's new, and shouldn't hve been dry enough for the liquid to actaully burn dry by overheating, but it might be hte case- try just puffing without inhaling for a 1/2 day or so, see if it clears up

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
What you describe is polar opposite my Janty and my experience. I've never seen a sturdier, straighter, better constructed e-cigarette. It worked perfectly the moment I started using it. The manual switch I use only for drip smoking. The automatic switch is used 99% of the time. The taste of the Janty cartridge is the best of any commercial cartridge.

Every single thing you describe is foreign to my own experience with a Janty Kissbox. I have no possible explanation for your observations.

On the original Dutch forum for e-cigarettes, the Janty Kissbox is rated tops in the world. This is the Gold Standard. It really doesn't get any better.

This did come from JantyUSA or Ruyan, right? Tell me it wasn't ordered off eBay or something. This sounds like people who bought a "Rolex" watch that stopped working the first week.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
we are being sold cheap rubbish ned.. some of it comes at cheap rubbish prices with no guarantee.. we bin that and start again.. some of it comes at a high price and with a guartantee.. thats when the frustration starts..

trog

ps... some of us are luckier than others.. more so when all they have is experience with just the one product example.. one product example is just one product example..

Last edited:

windblown

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2008
USA
What you describe is polar opposite my Janty and my experience. I've never seen a sturdier, straighter, better constructed e-cigarette. It worked perfectly the moment I started using it.

Bob, I received my KB shortly after you got yours. I absolutely love it, but I got one of those crooked automatic switches also. Mine came from Janty USA. I'm sure Jeff will replace the switch, but I haven't bothered him yet as I figured he was busy with the new baby.

The manual switch is fine and the atomizer sits nice and straight on it. The automatic switch just doesn't screw on straight and makes the cigarette look warped. My auto switch also has the Janty logo that is upside down. It could be that these are the switches that won't screw down straight.

One thing I've noticed is that the atomizer seems to get hotter faster than my other penstyles. This might be the issue for those who are having burning problems. I find that I am constantly feeling the atomizer to make sure it isn't getting too warm. I bought 2 atomizers, so I always have the auto and the manual going at the same time.

I have the titanium and I love the looks of it. The threads do seem more fragile than those on my other pens. Perhaps it is because there are 3 parts instead of two.....I don't know.

My favorite part is that there is no tell-tale LED glowing on the end. And I agree, the cartridges have a great flavor. They are the best I've tried, including Ruyan.

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA
Well......I love my kiss if it works the way it's suppose to work.

I had 6 batteries die, 3 manual switches die, and one atomizer, all in matter of 2 days.

A brand new manual battery for the jentl does not charge.

I'm very very very frustrated.

I'm not going to bother Jeff either, I'm going to pack it up and send it all back to him.

I'm sure he'll replace it all.
But it should not be like that.

It's not Jeff's fault, it's the Janty guys in China.

:grr:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Well......I love my kiss if it works the way it's suppose to work.

I had 6 batteries die, 3 manual switches die, and one atomizer, all in matter of 2 days.

A brand new manual battery for the jentl does not charge.

I'm very very very frustrated.

I'm not going to bother Jeff either, I'm going to pack it up and send it all back to him.

I'm sure he'll replace it all.
But it should not be like that.

It's not Jeff's fault, it's the Janty guys in China.

:grr:

thats one hell of a component failure rate for any product no matter whos fault it is.. sending the lot back is the way it should be done.. but keeping the odd known to be good bit is often the safer option.. anyway i hope your faith in the product is well founded.. mine certainly would not be..

trog

azE

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2008
UK
i feel for you also - if one works totally different to the other then it is a definate problem with one and needs to be returned. However I am having severe problems with contacting Janty Europe regarding my battery issue and non receipt of USB cable - will allow them a few more days before I blow my top

you state quality control somewhere on your atomiser - the only lettering I have is Janty. also i experienced a plasticy taste which still kind of there - ive just got used to it as the taste of PG

Last edited:

shawnp1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
my kiss classic works like a champ, unfortunately my auto switch is a little crooked but not too noticable but i bought mine before jeff opened janty usa now i just recieved my 2 yentyl clasic kits, with 2 extra atomizers an i wasnt expecting as much smoke as the classic but none of the atomizers produce more then a mere wisp at best. guess ill have to keep emailing jeff

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
well ok,obviously i didnt like the product or the way it worked,and i still think its overhyped and overrated...it aint no giant leap...

but i must concede the point that Janty do try to help their customers with problems,and do refund promptly....its just a pity that so many kissboxs are flawed on delivery...

im sticking up for our right as consumers to get what we deserve and have (over)paid for right from the outset...thats the way it should be...particularly with an expensive "premium" product...and you know my thoughts on the way all ecigs are overpriced by now...

pardon my typing mess. ive only got one usable hand for a couple more weeks...then should be fine.

anyway...my kissbox classic is fine now. it's great actually. got my replacement manual switch from jeff. and i gave the atomizer a bath using the white distilled vinegar method. motor oil taste is gone...and it's kickin' ....

scoop...you'll be fine.

ned...you order yours from ludo?

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
all this first name stuff makes me cringe a bit.. its janty u are dealing not jeff.. still us brits have always been a bit formal when dealing with our trades people.. he he

trog

I use Jeff's name for JantyUSA because that is how he responds to my emails. All my emails begin with "Hi Rachel" and end with "Jeff" - not trying to be disrespectful. If he were to address himself as Mr. ??, I would then call him Mr. ??.

I always address Mr. Darcy as Mr. Darcy or Mr. D. :)

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Also both of them are not straight example the switch and battery do not line up. Manual switch and auto switch with the Jan T. logo is upside down when all fitted together which looks ridiculous and logos on the atomiser just don't line up like you would expect it to with a quality product is yours like mine? is that it's the way it's supposed to be?

I keep unscrewing- re-screw in to see if I can get them straight. It isn't rocket science why can't they get them straight or they should not be allowed out of the factory in this condition so why put a quality control card in the box.

Thank you! This is EXACTLY how I feel. I feel so nit-picky when I mention it though. Glad to hear someone else agrees.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Thank you! This is EXACTLY how I feel. I feel so nit-picky when I mention it though. Glad to hear someone else agrees.

If you don't shout about it Leaford nothing will ever get done. Don't worry my friend and never feel guilty of being nit-picky.
In fact least I have had a better day with the it two-day. Read new post update.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
I use Jeff's name for JantyUSA because that is how he responds to my emails. All my emails begin with "Hi Rachel" and end with "Jeff" - not trying to be disrespectful. If he were to address himself as Mr. ??, I would then call him Mr. ??.

I always address Mr. Darcy as Mr. Darcy or Mr. D. :)

my first name is really william.. i go under the name of ted.. always have done.. if anyone ever calls me william.. i know the bugger dosnt know me well enough to be on first name terms with me and should adress me as Mr.. he he..

as i say us brits are more formal.. take note i have known pillboxs name for ages.. i dont refer to him by his first name thow.. it implies a more personal relationship than i have with him.. perhaps i am simply old fashioned.. or British.. dunno..

do u consider jeff your friend.. ??? are u his friend.. ??? is he the friend of all janty customers.. ??

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread