Janty Neo tasting burnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

helmar

Mar 6, 2011
Nowhere
update:

Ok this ain't funny anymore. We have four puromizers all in all, two we received with the starter kit and two more we bought as spares. Like I said before the burnt taste was easily rectified but now their all more or less leaking. First I noticed they leak when your dripping and some of it get's underneath the metal so that one is on me, but since I realized that I have started filling more carefully with a syringe or a thin tipped bottle. anyway gurgling sounds frequently wich are often followed by the puro leaking from the bottom and somtimes from the door. This is happening with three of them! Maybe all of them, havent tried the last one.

I know how all of this sounds, here I am complaining about a problem after problem but keep in mind that I have been a ego and dura user for over a year and I do love janty but four broken puros? I don't know if I'm that hot on the neo anymore. Oh and no reply on that ticket yet.

Hasn't anybody been having problems?

Am I just abnormally unlucky?

Mic1

Jan 24, 2011
Bealeton, Va.
Hi helmar, I've been using the Neo for about a week and the only time I've noticed any leaking issues or gurgling sounds from the mouthpiece is when I filled up to capacity (overfilled). If I only fill up approx 3/4 or so, no problems. I've also not experienced any burnt taste from the puromizer as yet. I previously used the eGo T and if I heated up the atty to much, or too fast, I would notice a loss of flavor and intermittent burning taste. You might want to just return the most problematic puromizer and let Janty take a look since the product is new and now distributed to a wide range of customers.

Mic1

Jan 24, 2011
Bealeton, Va.
Now I know what helmar's going through. I have 4 Puromizers that have been used for the last couple weeks. Three out of the four work well, the other one has started to be a real problem with leaks. I've tried everyway I can think of to isolate the problem with no luck. I get juice all the way up to the mouthpiece and also at the battery connection. As much as janty juice costs (it's worth it), this isn't the perferred way to use it. I've opened a ticket with Janty USA (Sean) to request replacement. Wondering if some of the first Puromizer's stocked have a QC issue.

xpnsvtoys

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2008
Winchester, Va
  • Deleted by Ludo
  • Reason: Double posting
Same problem just got mine because they were not supposed to leak in the mouthpiece or have burnt taste.

My first Puromizer is giving my regular burnt taste on my throat, leaking into my mouth occasionally and from the side somewhere...seemingly from inside the glass somewhere not sure.

Having it not so tight seems to help for the burnt taste but the leaking is annoying having sticky fingers half the time or seeing a line of juice on the table where I set it for a while.

I also got liquid in the tip in my mouth twice in the last 3 days since I got it.

Haven't tried other Puromizer or the third backup I bought, hopefully this one is defective and the others are fine.

Overall though I like it alot better than my last Ego-T, if these problems go away it would be mint

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Sadly, my replacement puromizers started tasting burnt after a day so I put them away and have been just using the Neo batteries with Ego-T atties or Ego Stardusts. My hunch is that the Neo issues are like the Ego-T at initial launch. I'm happy with the Ego-T these days ... it's been out long enough for its issues to be recognised and sorted...whether you use Janty, Joyetech, Ovale or a third party for replacement parts. Maybe I'll come back to puromizers after a year...

Flip7990

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Minnesota, USA
I think the purimizers being hand made make them a little hit or miss. I have had a couple of ones that taste burnt, and a couple die within a week. Best to keep a half dozen around until Janty can get them more consistant. The two that I use now (since I found out that you cannot change flavors without them tasting terrible, both will leak just by laying on the table. I live with it, as the few flaws still make it one of the best vaping units I have used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread