Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Bought a Janty Dura some 4-5wks ago at a cost of almost £100. After 2 wks it completely ceased to function. Have been emailing Janty on a regularly to ask for a solution and finally for a full refund. No emails have been answered, Has anyone else had a problem with Janty over the Dura please?

One of my first "picks" was a Janty - I ordered one, and they were sure quick to take my money, but then I heard nothing....no shipping confirmation, no "sorry your order is backordered," nothing. So I fianlly EM'd them, and they did respond within a day (I was very formal, polite, etc... in my EM) - I requested a refund, and now am back in the dark...No reply, no refund, order still "processing" on their website....

They used to get such rave reviews on the forum... I wonder what happened???

Last edited:

J W in Texas

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2009
Arlington, TX
Vicks

Oh they still get rave reviews...by a few...but they are now "suspect" in my view. They never mention the bad batteries, atomizers or the leaky carts. Yep, some people get no problems with Dura and Dura-Cs. It must be magic! Can you tell I'm not one of them?
I want the Dura to work...I like the whole thing. The shape, the cart size, the vapor production (when new), it even feels just right for me. If it worked beyond a week I wouldn't buy any other.
Every time there is a Janty thread here you will find no shortage of people who will say that Jeff at JantyUSA is a real nice guy. I believe them and don't doubt it for a minute. But there comes a time when the delays and performance problems can't be smoothed over by "nice". I'm waiting (still) for my Dura-Cs to arrive and I can walk to JantyUSA and pick 'em up, if they'd let you do that. Of course, they are supposed to have moved now but I could still drive over. Hey, I like the product and want it to work so much that I am waiting on 4 Joye TECC 510s to arrive also. They're basically the same but now with battery, atomizer and cart problems fixed. We'll see!
This is the first ecig delivery that I think I'm dreading the arrival of. Common sense just tells me to send it back as soon as it gets here. Although, you can't help dreaming that you will get the "magical" versions that a very select few seem to be getting, every time. Yeah, right!

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
the only 2 e-cigs i hardly read any problems on are

DSE-801
DSE-901

my first one was the 901...never a problem....knock on wood

second one...801...atomizer went after a week.....other than that....great

my next purchase would be the RS-888 lady pipe..uses 801 atomizers and carts

i liked igetcha's review on the titan 510...will wait and see how it works out in the long run

Last edited:

CandyGirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Vicks

Oh they still get rave reviews...by a few...but they are now "suspect" in my view. They never mention the bad batteries, atomizers or the leaky carts. Yep, some people get no problems with Dura and Dura-Cs. It must be magic! Can you tell I'm not one of them?
I want the Dura to work...I like the whole thing. The shape, the cart size, the vapor production (when new), it even feels just right for me. If it worked beyond a week I wouldn't buy any other.
Every time there is a Janty thread here you will find no shortage of people who will say that Jeff at JantyUSA is a real nice guy. I believe them and don't doubt it for a minute. But there comes a time when the delays and performance problems can't be smoothed over by "nice". I'm waiting (still) for my Dura-Cs to arrive and I can walk to JantyUSA and pick 'em up, if they'd let you do that. Of course, they are supposed to have moved now but I could still drive over. Hey, I like the product and want it to work so much that I am waiting on 4 Joye TECC 510s to arrive also. They're basically the same but now with battery, atomizer and cart problems fixed. We'll see!
This is the first ecig delivery that I think I'm dreading the arrival of. Common sense just tells me to send it back as soon as it gets here. Although, you can't help dreaming that you will get the "magical" versions that a very select few seem to be getting, every time. Yeah, right!

well said JW.

the idea of "just send it back for a replacement, no problem" may suit some people just fine, but i can't be bothered. especially if i'm left in the dark with no communication. i've also seen people post about supposedly fixed issues only to be be told, "You have no clue what you're talking about. Look at Parked video review."
makes me wonder if all that money i gave to my mechanic could have been saved by watching a toyota commercial. lol

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I find myself agreeing with the sentiment that I'm getting kind of weary of dealing with Janty. I think Jeff's a super guy, and I am convinced he's very genuine. I also have no doubt that eventually things will be made right . . . but, as JW said, there's a point where "nice" just doesn't do the trick.

I sent an e-mail to Jeff Monday morning about some problems I'm experiencing and asking about exchanging atomizers on the Dura-C as well as the manual switch for the Kissbox. . . no response. Now, two days isn't a big deal, but it's generally taking several days (and more than a few emails) for me to get a response. But when I do, it's always a pleasant, helpful response.

I know the original Dura put them behind the eight-ball. I know the move to their new facility has slowed things down. I know they're still receiving shipments of Dura-Cs and the demand is still outstripping the supply. I know all these things, but I just can't help but feel that the communication is suffering terribly. Most of the information that we get out of JantyUSA isn't even directly from Jeff . . . it's from other forum members reporting back what they've heard.

I compare this with PureSmoker where e-mails are responded to within 24 hours (often faster), where the website clearly shows stock availability, and where they use the website to share information about upcoming stock, inventory, and the move.

Someone commented that Jeff probably doesn't have complete control over the website and policies. I think that's probably right given that the website looks almost identical to the European site. But if someone would just update the site to provide information every couple of days, it would be such a help.

Meanwhile, I have several bad Dura atomizers and a bad automatic switch for the Kissbox, and I haven't heard anything from Janty. The warranty is good, but when it takes several e-mails and lots of waiting to get replacement parts, well, it gets old after awhile.

I am soooooooooo hoping this is just a bump in the road. But I've now gotten to the point where I simply cannot in good faith recommend Janty to anyone--at least not until communication becomes less sporadic. That makes me feel terrible because I love my Kissbox, and I think Jeff is such a nice guy . . . but they really need to step it up here and quickly.

BettyRedondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2008
Bournemouth England
Bought a Janty Dura some 4-5wks ago at a cost of almost £100. After 2 wks it completely ceased to function. Have been emailing Janty on a regularly to ask for a solution and finally for a full refund. No emails have been answered, Has anyone else had a problem with Janty over the Dura please?

I am not sure where you are as you don't have it on your profile but as you state £100 I assume you got it from Harry in the Netherlands? Unfortunately he is known to be slow to answer his emails, but he usually is very helpful. I would suggest you send Ludo a pm on here to get it sorted he is aware of the problems with the earlier dura models.

kkimmons

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
I ordered a Dura when they first arrived on the market and had the same issues with the battery. This quickly become a known issue which Janty quickly corrected. Jeff did everything he possible could to correct the situation. I am using my old Dura with the new Dura C batteries with no issues. It performs a advertised. It produces vapor like a steam engine on steroids and my inhales are now quite short. The throat hits are enough to choke you. The Dura C battery fixed the issue and stating it is a 901 killer is a understatement. Keep the cart topped off and atomizer wet - the Dura rocks.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Still have not received my Dura Cs. Feeling like the overwhelming response is not good, especially for a beginner.

So.... I went ahead and ordered a couple of 901's. Figured I cant go wrong.

Hope I am wrong and will most definitley let everyone know after a little practice. If it ever gets here!!

Well Ed, I am definitely going to say "I told you so". Why people (who I though should know better) advised you to order a new product that no one owned yet (except the reviewer) and was already having reliability issues...is beyond me. Especially for your first device. You could have been vaping a long time ago. Tsk, tsk!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...parkeds-review-janty-dura-c-7.html#post124493

Lu

http://www.centraltrade.eu/catalog/index.php?cPath=22

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
give em a slap Lu,

all beginners should start their vapin' life with a tried and proven cig......
the 2 reccomended should be....
801 and 901
depending what the beginner prefers in looks, size and cartlife.

Di .......

Only makes sense Di. And for $50, you get a good start and a product that is pretty much readily available. But that's ok...I don't mind saying "I told you so"....LOL

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread