Status
Not open for further replies.

Beequeen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2009
Honolulu
www.flickr.com
I emailed them today too, shakey. After wrangling for almost a week over whether or not to do a pre-buy for the Dura (part of the mind wrangling was over the shipping cost), I finally broke down...and now it's gone!? Also, I read failry glowing reviews about it before ordering...but now I'm reading about all these problems, lol! Oy. 8-o

shakey ceasefire

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
San Francisco
I know,I was really looking forward to getting my Dura!

I just started this last week... I got an npro (because I didn't know any better), but even that has been good enough to cure me of smoking - but after reading these forums I realize that none of these devices are 100% reliable. I really hope I get *something* from Janty before my npro craps out...

I really don't want to relapse and start smoking analogs again.

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
mixxy, I know! I wonder what's going on. I think I read that the Dura C was coming out in March. Does this mean we get the "junky" ones :p?? Maybe ours will have the new, improved battery? Lets cross out fingers! Maybe we'll love it!

Hi Beequeen:
I've been reading all the posts on this thread: Janty thread - q&a

The last post (at this time) made by Ludo (with Janty) was this:

We ares sorry to announce that we have decided to retract the normal DURA auto batteries until further notice because of the too high failure percentage. We are working with JOYE to help them improve these batts.

Those who ordered a pre-sale normal "auto batteries" DURA set can mail Jeff for the US, at jeff@jantyusa.com or Harry at dispatch@jantyshop.com for Europe, mentioning their order number and ask for a free DURA-C batteries replacement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm STILL not clear on what this means... whether our pre-orders for the Dura will go out with the 'bad' batteries.. that will later be replaced with Dura-C's... or whether we will not get our kits until March when the new ones come out?? :cry: I did email Jeff to ask (and pasted in this info from Ludo) so will have to see what he says. I'm on the fence now about whether I want the Dura at all, even with the "new improved" batteries. :oops:

Last edited:

shakey ceasefire

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
San Francisco
Hi Beequeen:
I've been reading all the posts on this thread: Janty thread - q&a

The last post (at this time) made by Ludo (with Janty) was this:

We ares sorry to announce that we have decided to retract the normal DURA auto batteries until further notice because of the too high failure percentage. We are working with JOYE to help them improve these batts.

Hey there, Jeff just returned my email... he said the following:

"We'd be more than happy to switch your order to a Dura-C. Basically the only difference of the C model is the new updated manual battery that will fix previous issues we've experienced with the other batteries.

There's a couple of things we can do here.

1. I can send your original order out with the standard dura batteries. Once the Dura-C batteries arrive (Should be sometime later next week) we can ship two of the new batteries in exchange for the old ones. We'd basically just need you to drop the old batteries in an envelope and mail back to our offices.

2. I should have the complete Dura-C sets available later next week and we can change your order to this. We would ship your order as soon as they are available.

Please get back to us and let us know how you'd like to proceed.
"

Awesome, thanks Jeff!

Beequeen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2009
Honolulu
www.flickr.com
Thank you for the good info, mixxy and shakey! Ok, since the Dura c set will be available sometime next week, I'll wait for that one. I've never used a manual switch before...I guess I'll just have to get used to pressing a button every time i want a hit. But if that switch prolongs the life of batteries, I'll do it! Mixxy, it's worth a shot ;). Janty has a decent warranty.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Nothing to worry about.

As Long as JantyUSA has Jeff To Keep The Great Company Image with His Excellent Service, No One Should Have Anything To Worry About.

They Admitted to The Issues And Are Making Up With An Updated Models.

I Still Think They Will Have The Best Model's Around After This Dura Mess.

They have a lot of egg on the face, I Don't Think They Need Anymore.

So Lets Hope They Stay On Top It!

VapeOn!

Duraless

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Thank you for the good info, mixxy and shakey! Ok, since the Dura c set will be available sometime next week, I'll wait for that one. I've never used a manual switch before...I guess I'll just have to get used to pressing a button every time i want a hit. But if that switch prolongs the life of batteries, I'll do it! Mixxy, it's worth a shot ;). Janty has a decent warranty.

I'm waiting for the Dura-C too... and hopefully will learn to like the manual switch! ;) As long as it keeps the thingt working that will be a GOOD THING!!! :D

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Ok, I'm excited again! Mixxy, be sure to let me know what you think when you get yours and I'll do the same.

Cellmeister, the company admitting that there was a mistake is a very good sign...and Jeff routinely gets glowing reviews for his customer service, which is another big plus!

Will do Beequeen! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread