Travel and Vaping Janty stick and security

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr8dane

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama
Took me forever to get thru Boston security cause of the stick. Granted, I had it in it's case, with an atty on it, and spare loaded atty/carts on each side, so it may have looked a little weird when it was scanned. Even after they took it out, and I explained to them what it was, they still took it back thru x-ray twice, and called the other screeners over so they could see it. Don't know if it would have gotten all the attention, if I didn't have a herd of attys hanging off of it. The interesting part was that I had my little travel case with a whole array of 510 batteries, attys, carts and a couple glass dropper bottles of juice (oops..forgot to take them out), and it went thru without a word. Go figure.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Batteries and wires and cartridges of unmarked liquid should get attention when boarding an airplane! Imagine what the x-ray showed. If you were security, you'd want a closer look, too. Same will happen to weird cigs like the Screwdriver and its copycats.

Think of it this way: Could you convert a metal box like the JantyStick to explode or spray poisonous fumes? Yep. You could. So it will get inspection.

gr8dane

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama
TB, please don't misunderstand my post. I agree completely. I fly enough that I WANT them to examine something that looks as weird as that thing must have looked when it went thru. My post was simply to give folks a heads up that the stick does in fact look suspicious (especially with multiple attys around it), and that they'll probably get pulled, so have it somewhere that it's easy for them to get to. BTW, on my flight out, I had all my juice bottles and 510 travel pack in my checked suitcase, with an instruction manual for the 510 and a note "read this" tucked into it. It was interesting that my suitcase was screened, the travel pack had been opened, and the instruction manual moved!!

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
TB, please don't misunderstand my post. I agree completely. I fly enough that I WANT them to examine something that looks as weird as that thing must have looked when it went thru. My post was simply to give folks a heads up that the stick does in fact look suspicious (especially with multiple attys around it), and that they'll probably get pulled, so have it somewhere that it's easy for them to get to. BTW, on my flight out, I had all my juice bottles and 510 travel pack in my checked suitcase, with an instruction manual for the 510 and a note "read this" tucked into it. It was interesting that my suitcase was screened, the travel pack had been opened, and the instruction manual moved!!

I've mentioned this situation many times before. Things look different under the x-ray, and anything with wires or sloppily wound will throw up a red flag.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Gr8dane, I didn't misunderstand and certainly wasn't being critical. My JantyStick and Kissbox are my go-to, take-everywhere devices. The ONE place I would really, really expect delays and trouble would be airport check-in. That's just a fact that we e-smokers have to live with. These are NOT well-known devices, not even the basic mini e-cig, so they arouse curiosity. I expect more and more airlines to flatly ban their use in flight. Bad perception -- and that's all that matters to them. It's the reason God invented snus and Stonewall dissolvable tobacco pellets! Pop one in your mouth and enjoy your flight.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
I do a fair bit of international travel, and so far no-one (and I MEAN no-one) has even batted an eyelid at my batteries, atomisers, PTs, bottles of juice etc

Not reassuring really, but no hassle

I'm with you there, Never had any problems with my KB, juice, PTor batts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread