The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Janty Stick - Lose the Clip?

Discussion in 'iVapour UK' started by Toby, May 24, 2009.

Do you like the clip on the Janty Stick cover?

1. Keep the Clip

2. Lose the Clip

3. It's just not fair to ask a question about the Stick when I haven't received mine yet!

4. I have better things to do with my life than bother pre-occupy myself about this trivia!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Toby

Toby Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    I personally do not like the clip on the Janty Stick cover and so would be interested to know other people's opinion. I think it is pratically useless, unaesthetically pleasing, and not nice to hold. I actually think it cheapens the product too.

2. chief druid

chief druid Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2009
    north wales U.K.
    hmmm my vote wasnt entirely honest .. i dont seem to have anything better to do waaaa

3. brotha

brotha Full Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Bellingham,WA,USA
    Wow I did not even know there was a clip on the stick gonna go and see if I can see what your talking about.

4. Toby

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    It clips on to your trousers so someone can easily nick it, or dislodge it down the pub (which may cause a few tears).... ;)

Btw - I've enabled the poll so you can select more than one answer - (I tricked Druid into voting already so that he wouldn't click all 4 answers - lol!)

5. brotha

brotha Full Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Bellingham,WA,USA
    OK I went and looked a the pictures and I don't see any clip your gonna have to explain it better all I can think is that you mean the vent looking thing on the cover that is not a vent it is just a design other than that I don't know what your talking about.Shoot I guess I will have to order one and find out oh well you gotta do what you gotta do.

6. chief druid

chief druid Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2009
    north wales U.K.

*in the voice of foghorn leghorn* why i oughta!!!!!!!!!!

7. dumwaldo

dumwaldo Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    The clip is on the case the JS goes into, not on the stick itself.

8. brotha

brotha Full Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Bellingham,WA,USA
    Ok now I get it your talking about the case it comes with It looks like one for a cell phone.Never did like those kind of cases they would come off to easily so I would have to agree with you.sorry for my confusion it,s late here and well I'm kinda.......you know

9. Toby

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    Sorry - you assume everyone's seen it -

10. Toby

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    So it's kind of a poll within a poll....

11. dumwaldo

dumwaldo Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    No, they have not yet shipped in the USA. the only ones seen on 'this side of the pond' are the review units.

12. Toby

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    Sorry again - I meant as in the photo of it -

13. karenrcg

karenrcg Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2008
    Derbyshire, UK
    I don't mind the clip being there but I think maybe just a flat belt loop would have been better. That way if you want to thread it on a belt it is more secure but if you don't want to use it it isn't really noticable.

14. e-pipeman

e-pipeman Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    I think the flat belt loop is a good idea. However, I went for a walk yesterday with the Janty pouch in a jeans pocket with the clip over the "zippo pocket". That way it's quite safe and easy to walk with. Shirt worn outside jeans covers it until you want to use it. I like the clip and would like to see a belt-loop on the pouch as well.

15. frogbmth

frogbmth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    Firstly let me say that its great to have the carry case thingy, its nice quality and cool that it can also hold a spare cart and battery. The clip is kinda surplus for me, not secure enough to trust it to hang my beloved stick from my belt.

What would be absolutely awesome would be a pouch like the one you get with the I-Inhale,
    [​IMG]
    It is neoprene and zippered round, inside it on one side it has an elastic strap to hold the unit in, and on the other a pocket to carry spares and stuff. Imagine a nice custom branded neoprene pouch to take the stick, spare carts, battery, USB lead, bottle of juice etc. How awesome would that be!

16. CatVTTV

CatVTTV Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2009
    Tyne & Wear, UK
    As I have already posted in another thread, the clip gets the OK from me...

Again today I had to go out and my JS was safe and sound in its case, clipped to a pocket within my handbag.

As most females know, the average ladies handbag is similar to the one Mary Poppins had, holding everything bar the kitchen sink, so it was gret that I could lay my hands straight onto my JS when I got back in the car....

So it gets a positive vote from me.

However....

Having said that on the other side, they could add a Velcro fastening, that would secure around a belt etc...

17. BettyRedondo

BettyRedondo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2008
    Bournemouth England
    Surprise, surprise I voted to ditch the clip. I do like the idea of a pouch case better, something like Frog's would be good :)

18. scyllabub

scyllabub Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2008
    London, UK
    One could thread a cord or chain thru the clip and make a pendant out of it :) Stick Swarovski crystals on it maybe ;)

I've got it clipped to the low-ish neck of my tee and pop my Stick into it when working in the kitchen. I don't think it would be comfy on a high-necked top.

scylla

19. etab

etab Full Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2008
    England
    Yes to the JS Clip :thumb:

Its handier than not having one I'd say... the ring/battery cover lanyard idea would complement it well... especially for a bit of hands free dangling between vapes.

20. Silk

Silk Full Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Romford UK
    I want both options. :D
    Also want the elastic on one side a little looser so I can fit one of my mini bottles in easier (I use the ones that used to come with the J Creek sample packs - they fit, but it is just a little too tight, and can slip out)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.