The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

JANTY STICK - presales - sold out

Discussion in 'iVapour UK' started by Toby, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. scyllabub

scyllabub Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2008
    London, UK
    Thank you Froggie, and thank you for the apostrophe, you're such an obliging fellow - not even a sarky remark ;) :oops:

scylla...

2. scyllabub

Oct 27, 2008
    London, UK
    I still have to install my PicSizer, then I'd make it a little smaller. This is a test, Froggie :)

scylla...

3. Toby

Toby Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    OK - here is a bit of a monolog - some of my Stick comments/observations:

People are wondering what it's like, and what it comes with, and what might be needed - so here are a few things I've noticed.

The battery/charger element - the Set does not come with an extra battery charger (although they will be available very soon). One of the beauties of this product is that it can be charged as a whole unit (and used at the same time), the same as a mobile phone in this function. Therefore an extra charger for the battery is not entirely necessary.... but some might prefer one as back up to charge the spare battery. I try to conciously to not keep the Stick on charge too much, as I think (but I'm not a scientist) it will preserve the battery life, from what I've heard. For instance, I do not keep it on charge overnight. Maybe a charge in the morning for an hour while you put the kettle on and brush your teeth, and maybe an again an hour in the evening, seems to be sufficient for my daily use.

The length of usage per charge - this is hard for me to guage you see, as I have been toggling between the Dura-C, the Kissbox, and the Stick. Please imagine what it's like - .. do this ... puff on Dura .. do that ... hey, I've got a Stick ... juggle loads of things, do this, wonder where you are ... oh look, there's a KBC ... hmmm nice ... wonder what it's like compared to the old Stick??

Now that's for you to tell me....! ;)

4. frogbmth

frogbmth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    If you tell me what size you would like, I will put up a smaller version :)

5. frogbmth

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    Thanks for the info Toby!

I however am a chemist so I can answer this one :D

Lithium-Ion cells will lose about 80% of capacity over a year if left fully charged. This is due to corrosion from the chemistry within the cells. The same happens if left discharged for long periods. For storage, they should be left half charged, this is the state when the least damage is done to the cell. It is up to you if you wish to keep them topped up, the cells are cheap so it might suit you to do this and just replace them every now and again. They do not have any memory effect if you do not discharge them every cycle.

It is essential that these batteries are not over-charged or over drained, no doubt Janty have included protection in the circuit as they have their other products to prevent over charging and discharging. Once it's full, it's full and there is no 'trickle charging' benefit to be had.

It is sensible to never leave any battery on a charger unattended, so don't leave it plugged in while you sleep. I have seen battery fires and they are not pretty. This is not an issue with this product, never leave any battery from any product on a charger while you are not there to supervise it. A friend of mine in the USA recently lost his house in a fire when he left his RC airplane on his charger overnight.

Toby - do you know what mah capacity the Dura battery is? Is it about 150mah?

6. Toby

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    Battery power spec for Janty batteries:

Dura battery - 180 mah
    Kissbox battery - 150 mah
    Mini Fogger battery - 150 mah

Thanks Frog for all the battery science!

7. frogbmth

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    Ahah so we should get double the runtime we get on the dura :)

8. CatVTTV

CatVTTV Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2009
    Tyne & Wear, UK
    You know, I was talking to my daughter last night, saying 'Imagine what your Grandad would say if he could see me now'.

He would never in a million years, understand why or how I am sitting here at the computer, with my e-cig plugged into the mains, puffing away.... hahahaha

9. scyllabub

Oct 27, 2008
    London, UK
    I've been living a charmed life literally surrounded by charging Mini batteries while I sleep :evil:

I hope it's OK to ask here - Does one need a special type of extinguisher for battery fires?

scylla 8-o

10. franklyspeaking

franklyspeaking Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2009
    Arlington, Texas
    My apologies in invading a UK thread but wanted to give you my experience with the stick.

I currently own a Screwdriver and Dura and the Stick. I know it doesn't sound possible but I get about the same battery life on the Stick as I do the screwdriver. I get about 1 1/2 hours on the Dura, 4 hours on Stick and about 4 1/2 on the screwdriver. If I plug the stick into the USB port on my keyboard twice throughout the day for about 45 minutes to an hour each day. It lasts all day without changing the battery. The performance on the stick and the screwdriver is diminished in the last 15 to 30 minutes of life I experience which is usually why I end up charging or changing the battery. Overall, I think the stick is a great performer and now after almost two weeks of exclusive and constant use, I didn't use another device until yesterday, I am very pleased with the battery life and vapor production. It looks nice, it WON'T accidently activate in my pocket and will now share daily use along with my screwdriver.

I think the stick will live up to anyone's realistic expectations.

11. CatVTTV

Mar 26, 2009
    Tyne & Wear, UK
    Thank you Franklyspeaking for your input, and I am sure you are welcome anytime...lol

It's good to know that an SD user finds the JantyStick almost on a par with its battery life.

12. frogbmth

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    Dont get too alarmed, no need to rush out and buy a fireproof safe to charge your batteries in!

Ecig chargers have electronics in them to build safety into the process, all the Janty chargers and the standard 901 type chargers from China have protection in them, and ecig batteries have overcharging protection built in. This means you are protected. UK plugs are also fused. In all likelihood, in the rare event of overheating, the solder in the unit would go before the battery caught fire. Millions of people use Li-Ion cells every day without incident. Just be aware, batteries should be treated with due respect

13. CatVTTV

Mar 26, 2009
    Tyne & Wear, UK
    Hubby is making a box to house chargers and plugs as I write, not out of fear of them exploding, but because with three e-cig vapers in the house, there are plugs all over the place !...

Another good reason for buying a JantyStick.

14. frogbmth

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    I got bored again....

[​IMG]

15. frogbmth

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
  16. scyllabub

Oct 27, 2008
    London, UK

It's lovely, Froggie, but it needs "Stick" somewhere, IMhO ;) Really good size. Whilst I agree that iVapour should be featured, I think it shouldn't have a starring role.

That's wut I think, any road up ;)

Please get bored often, I love them all.

scylla

17. Toby

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    The pre-sales for the Janty Stick Set have sold out.

Normal orders will be due for dispatch 1 June.

18. spike

spike Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 15, 2008
    London, UK
    Presumably that is why I have just received a Paypal refund for my order placed on the 16th? It would have been nice to have had a short one sentence explanation to go with it - a bit offhand I thought.

Later: Just to clarify, now advised refund was for someone else with a similar name. Payment has been reversed and I am still a buyer.........

19. Toby

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    Yes Spike! We were requested to issue a refund for the Stick (the person wants to get it from JantyUSA instead) to someone that has the same first name, initials and syllables as Spike, who unfortunately received the refund instead!
    Bizarre coincidence...

My apologies again Spike! We're back on track!
    Toby

20. frogbmth

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    Any update on shipping Toby? Still Thursday? Hope it's before the bank holiday. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.