January Contest $25.00 Gift Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Two men are playing golf. One of them is about to take a swing when a funeral procession appears on the road next to the course. He stops mid-swing, takes off his cap, closes his eyes, and bows his head in contemplation.

His opponent comments: "That must be the most touching thing I’ve ever seen. You are a very spiritual man." The man, recovering himself, replies, "Well...we were married 35 years."

Anna

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Usually...but it's customary to wait until somebody else posts....so (usually) no back to back posting.....
Gotcha. So have you heard the one about the green apples? See there's this guy, and his life's passion is to be an orchestra conductor, but he's a bad, like really bad conductor, but he loves what he does and so he keeps at it, and he practices, and eventually he gets a job teaching a grade-school music class. So eventually the day of the big performance comes, and all the parents will be there and all the teachers, and he wants to impress them so he says "I know, instead of a wand, I'll conduct the orchestra with a sword, that will make everyone notice me and I'll become famous." So it's the day of the performance and the parents are there, and the teachers are there, and the kids are there, and the guy is there and he conducts the performance using his sword and he's swinging it this way, and waving it that way, and *snick!* off goes the cellist's head! So obviously he goes to jail and he's sentenced to be executed, and on the night before his execution, the warden comes to him and asks what he'd like for his last meal, and the man says "I'd like an entire bushel of green apples." The warden thinks this an odd request, but he's seen odder, and so he brings the apples, and the next morning the bushel is empty. The man had eaten every one of those green apples, stems, cores, and all. And so they take him to be executed and they strap him in to the electric chair, and they turn on the juice, but he doesn't die. And so the law says if they execute you and it doesn't "take" then they have to let you free. So they let him go, and he continues on with his life. Now some people might be discouraged by an accidental murder and a failed execution, but not this guy. So he studies, and he practices, and he calls a guy he knows who knows a guy, and by now people have heard of him and someone gets the idea to put him on TV. They'll put him on TV and they'll broadcast it live to every living room in the world and they'll charge 8.99 for it, and it will be the show of the century. And it won't matter that he's such a bad conductor, because they'll have him conducting the London Philharmonic. They are the finest orchestra in the world; they could play blindfolded, heck they could even play with a monkey conducting (but the execs had that planned for next week) so certainly they could play with this guy at the podium. And yes, he will use the sword. But they're not stupid, they will protect the orchestra in a steel cage, with a brick wall and a wire fence between them and the conductor. So they start the show and the cameras are rolling, and the camera operators are there and the orchestra is there and the audience is there watching from every living room in the world for 8.99, and the conductor is there with his sword. And he is swinging it this way and waving it that way and he is smiling and grinning and the audience is smiling and grinning and the music swells and he becomes even more excited and he swings the sword harder and harder and he cuts through the wire fence and he knocks down the wall, and he smashes through the steel cage and *snack!* off goes the flautist's head! And so of course he goes back to jail (same jail, same warden) and on the night before his execution, the warden comes and asks what he'd like for his last meal, and the man says "I'd like an entire bushel of green apples." And so the next morning they come to get him and the warden sees that the bushel is empty. Again, the man has eaten all the apples, stems, cores, and all. And so once again they take him to be executed and they strap him in to the electric chair, and they flip the switch and the electricity flows through him, but he doesn't die. And so once again, they have to let him free. So he collects his things and goes out into the world and just as he reaches the gate the warden says "just a minute, sir. If you don't mind me asking, what is your secret? What is it with the green apples that lets you survive the electricity?" And the man says "Oh it has nothing to do with the apples, I just like the taste. You see, I'm just a really bad conductor!"

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
"Excuse me," a young fellow said to an older man, "I've just moved here and I wonder if this town has any criminal lawyers?"
"Well," replied the older man, "I have lived here all my life and all I can tell you is we are pretty sure we do, but no one has been able to prove it yet."

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
- Hello! Gordon's pizza?
- No sir it's Google's pizza.
- So it's a wrong number?" Sorry
- No sir, Google bought it.
- OK. Take my order please
- Well sir, you want the usual?"
- The usual? You know me?
- According to our caller ID data sheet, in the last 12 times, you ordered pizzawith cheeses, sausage, thick crust.
- OK! This is it ...
- May I suggest to you this time ricotta, arugula with dry tomato.?
- What? I hate vegetables.
- Your cholesterol is not good, sir."
- How do you know?
- We crossed the number of your fixed line ☎with your name, through the subscribers guide.
We have the result of your blood tests for the last 7 years.
- Okay, but I do not want this pizza!,I already take medicine ...
-"Excuse me, but you have not taken the medicine regularly, from our commercial database, 4 months ago, you only purchased a box with 30 cholesterol tablets at Drugsale Network.
- I bought more from another drugstore.
- It's not showing on your credit card statement
- I paid in cash
- But you did not withdraw that much cash according to your bank statement
- I have have other source of cash
- This is not showing as per you last Tax form unless you bought them from undeclared income source.
-WHAT THE H***?
"I'm sorry, sir, we use such information only with the intention of helping you.❤❤❤
- Enough! I'm sick of google, facebook, twitter, WhatsApp. I'm going to an Island without internet, cable TV, where there is no cell phone line and no one to watch me or spy on me
"I understand sir but you need to renew your passport first as it has expired 5 weeks ago

• Winner
Reactions: tejas

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
A teacher asks her students to give her a sentence with the word "fascinate" in it. A little girl says, "Walt Disney World is fascinating."

The teacher says, "No, I said, 'fascinate.'"

Another little girl says, "There's so much fascination when it comes to sea life."

The teacher again says, "No, the word is fascinate."

Little Johnny yells from the back of the room, "My mom has such big boobs that she can only fasten eight of the 10 buttons on her shirt."

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
A burglar broke into a home.
He heard a soft voice say, “Jesus is watching you.” Thinking it was his imagination, he continued his search.
Again, he hears: “Jesus is watching you.”
He turned his flashlight around and saw a parrot in a cage.
He asked the parrot if he was the one talking. The parrot said, “Yes.” So he asked the parrot his name, and the parrot replied, “Moses.”
The burglar asked, “What kind of people would name a parrot Moses?”
The parrot replied, “The same kind of people who would name their pit bull, Jesus.”

Reactions: tejas

tejas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
East Texas
A judge tells the defendant, “You’re charged with attacking your boss with a hammer.”

“You jerk!” yells a voice from 
the back of the courtroom.

“You’re also charged with attacking a bartender with a hammer,” 
says the judge.

“Jerrrrkkkk!” bellows the same man.

“Sir,” says the judge, “one more outburst, and I’ll charge you with contempt.”

“I’m sorry, Your Honor,” says the man. “But I’ve been this jerk’s neighbor for ten years, and every time I asked to borrow a hammer, he said he didn’t have one.”

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
John Bradford, a Dublin University student, was on the side of the road hitchhiking on a very dark night and in the midst of a big storm.

The night was rolling on and no car went by.

The storm was so strong he could hardly see a few feet ahead of him.

Suddenly, he saw a car slowly coming towards him and stopped.

John, desperate for shelter and without thinking about it, got into the car and closed the door... only to realize there was nobody behind the wheel and the engine wasn't on.

The car started moving slowly.

John looked at the road ahead and saw a curve approaching.

Scared, he started to pray, begging for his life. Then, just before the car hit the curve, a hand appeared out of no where through the window and turned the wheel. John, paralyzed with terror, watched as the hand came through the window, but never touched or harmed him.

Shortly thereafter John saw the lights of a pub appear down the road, so, gathering strength; he jumped out of the car and ran to it.

Wet and out of breath, he rushed inside and started telling everybody about the horrible experience he had just had.

A silence enveloped the pub when everybody realized he was crying and....wasn't drunk.

Suddenly, the door opened, and two other people walked in from the dark and stormy night.

They, like John, were also soaked and out of breath. Looking around, and seeing John Bradford sobbing at the bar, one said to the other.... ..........

- 'Look Paddy.....there's that idiot that got in the car while we were pushing it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread