Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
This is actually pretty serious, guys. There are a lot of vapers who use 0 nicotine liquid and believe they have quit nicotine. There is a problem if they are actually still getting nicotine.

Considering that PG and VG don't naturally containe nicotine, there is no reason to expect nicotine to be found in liquid that should contain just PG and flavoring. That indicates serious cross-contamination in the manufacturing process. What else is getting in there?

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I did not get that from the story.

You didn't get what from the story? Is that in response to my post?

Eleven out of 25 electronic cigarettes sold in Japan have been found to contain small amounts of nicotine, which is banned in such devices,

Bearscreek is correct - nicotine is banned in Japanese e-cigarettes, so those being sold in Japan should not contain nicotine. If nicotine is being found in e-cigarettes marketed as 0 nicotine in Japan (as they are supposed to be) then that is not good.

IMWylde

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2010
USA
You didn't get what from the story? Is that in response to my post?

Bearscreek is correct - nicotine is banned in Japanese e-cigarettes, so those being sold in Japan should not contain nicotine. If nicotine is being found in e-cigarettes marketed as 0 nicotine in Japan (as they are supposed to be) then that is not good.

I dident get that there "must be serious cross contamination in the manufacturing process" The story is awfully vague. I wonder where they found the nic? Was it in the sealing goo that they put on the atty's? Was it in the carts or cartos or whatever? Could it be that "gasp" the Japanese are selling nicotine e-cigs in the face of the ban? Was the nicotine in trace amounts like what may have been left in the apparatus they use to fill the carts, cartos?

What do they mean when they say small amounts?

What else do you think cold be going on over there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread