• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

JB so damn sad NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
The JB sucks plain and simple. I have had two both faulty. First one atty died second day. Next one the atty goes on and off and the ground battery terminal is smokeing??? What can I do to fix this. I am tired of this POS any Ideas how to fix this thing..

Thanks

Painful as it is, it may be time to move on. :( Stop juggling lemons.

I put mine up on a shelf, next to the picture of my Grandpa's Edsel and my Mom's Corvair. I look at it sometimes and ponder it's wonderful, awesome, greaty-greatnessness.

RIP young one. You're home now. *a small tear forms* Aww... what could have been. But I digress.

I may have it mounted eventually. Haven't found a good Vapidermist in my area. Know of any?

This has allowed me to achieve some level of "closure". It's also freed up an 18650 battery for my chuck. ;)

Last edited:
First if its smoking at the negative terminal that almost sounds like a battery issue.
even though the terminals are not well done I don't see how it would cause smoke.
unless your blowing vapor back thru.

I admit mine is not working how I wish atleast as of yet.
It slowly getting better but still have my issues with it.
& carlos asks me randomly how its going & says he wants to make it right.
He has showed me a few units & how good they work. Showed me some of the parts & stages. So I understand why it takes a while.

Also each of our units will be different due to handmade & its hard to make perfectly identical units by hand. could be 1/32 or more difference & hard to perfect by hand & multiple people to upgrade & test each unit.

Just my personal opinion though.
I still think carlos is a good guy & doing great. Just needs some improvements & knowledgeable help.

SNM

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
First if its smoking at the negative terminal that almost sounds like a battery issue.
even though the terminals are not well done I don't see how it would cause smoke.
unless your blowing vapor back thru.

I admit mine is not working how I wish atleast as of yet.
It slowly getting better but still have my issues with it.
& carlos asks me randomly how its going & says he wants to make it right.
He has showed me a few units & how good they work. Showed me some of the parts & stages. So I understand why it takes a while.

Also each of our units will be different due to handmade & its hard to make perfectly identical units by hand. could be 1/32 or more difference & hard to perfect by hand & multiple people to upgrade & test each unit.

Just my personal opinion though.
I still think carlos is a good guy & doing great. Just needs some improvements & knowledgeable help.
I have used a few diffrent batteries and it smells like burning electronics. I also see the smoke comeing from the terminal / spring and keeps cuting on and off.

I have used a few diffrent batteries and it smells like burning electronics. I also see the smoke comeing from the terminal / spring and keeps cuting on and off.
That honestly sounds like a bad connection.
if you have a soldering iron
PG
& epoxy you can try that.

Use PG to help soften the Epoxy..
Resolder the connection.

IM slowly getting mine to improve but some of my flavors are too enhanced I can't vape them.

Slowly getting rid of a burnt candle taste. but unsure. not sure if its going to be right for me...

SNM

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
That honestly sounds like a bad connection.
if you have a soldering iron
PG
& epoxy you can try that.

Use PG to help soften the Epoxy..
Resolder the connection.

IM slowly getting mine to improve but some of my flavors are too enhanced I can't vape them.

Slowly getting rid of a burnt candle taste. but unsure. not sure if its going to be right for me...

What is PG???

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Guys, someone who enjoys fixer-upper projects and challenges might buy your boxes if you put them in the classifieds, no? Like, describe where things stand and maybe even refer ppl to this subforum for any further info they may desire on how things went for you; and I wouldn't be surprised if there were ppl out there would pay something for them, determined that they could fix them... or even just see/learn from the general inner workings of the JB concept. Just guessing tho!! :p

LukeNM

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
My JB sits next to my computer. It gets picked up once in a while for an attempt at a good vape -- then it gets put back down for another few days... There is nothing really wrong with it; it just does not work very well! The workmanship is very crude, it needed some tweaking on the switch, the chemical taste is just about gone after 2 months of playing with it on and off as mentioned. I like to give it a pump, take the side cover off, hold down the button, and blow into the mouthpiece and wait for vapor to come out the hole in the pipe near the atty. Then, for that brief moment, when it is really throwing out a lot of vapor I will take a hit. It really is more of a toy at this point. Very disappointing... I was reading here last night, a new member was waiting for his JB as his first PV – wow, that is not going to be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread