IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
It looks like a nicely crafted mod with a nice gloss finish from the pictures I've seen. I'm in the market for a wood mod with the DNA in it, possibly build my own if I could get someone to make me a good enclosure out of wood. The only concern is that it doesn't have any drip cup to catch juice that leaks from the atomizer, which for almost $300 should be a feature at least offered. Then there's the issue of warranty which, there seems to be none. With a unit that looks completely sealed in, I could see why there would be no repairs made. But batteries do have a expected lifespan, as will the mod in this case. From the terms and conditions:

Returns

All sales are final and under no circumstances will a refund be issued for products sold by JboxShop. All of the JboxShop products and juices are custom made to order thus they are sold "as is".

It would really suck to order a mod for this price and have it die out in a week by chance and be completely effed. I don't know the vendor, maybe they do have an actual warranty and I'm missing something here. If so, that would be something worth mention on the site for potential customers.

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
It looks like a nicely crafted mod with a nice gloss finish from the pictures I've seen. I'm in the market for a wood mod with the DNA in it, possibly build my own if I could get someone to make me a good enclosure out of wood. The only concern is that it doesn't have any drip cup to catch juice that leaks from the atomizer, which for almost $300 should be a feature at least offered. Then there's the issue of warranty which, there seems to be none. With a unit that looks completely sealed in, I could see why there would be no repairs made. But batteries do have a expected lifespan, as will the mod in this case. From the terms and conditions:

It would really suck to order a mod for this price and have it die out in a week by chance and be completely effed. I don't know the vendor, maybe they do have an actual warranty and I'm missing something here. If so, that would be something worth mention on the site for potential customers.
From my "First Impressions" thread also here in the reviews section:

...all hand made and finished with 20 coats of finish – providing a glass-like finish unsurpassed on any other wood PV I have ever seen = truly elegant. The coats of finish each require “cure” time and this fine finish is certainly worth the wait! Jason showed me how he “juice-tests” his finish and I could see the juice just bead up and roll right off the finish leaving it unmarked = impressive (as other finishes can be sensitive to juice).

from a separate portion:

All of this arrives in nice packaging with an easy to follow instruction sheet and all backed by JBoxshop’s 6 month limited warranty:

The Jbox comes with a limited warranty for 6 months from the date of purchase for the original purchaser, which covers any and all manufacturer defects. The battery is covered under the six month period and after the 6 months it can be changed but will have to be sent in for service. The Jbox is a sealed unit therefore it cannot be opened by the consumer and must be sent in for repair.

If you want to read the detailed write-up: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...w-jbox-jboxshop-com-my-first-impressions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread