JC's Sample Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

dablackanarch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2008
Seattle, USA
I just received my sample pack of 24mg VG smoke juice from Mac, today. I was ecstatic to try the different flavors and, of course, couldn't wait to tell you all about it...lol

I have to say that for all you PG fans out there...your smoke ain't got jack on the VG smoke juice. I mean, Mac's VG juices are just plain superior in vapor production. My DSE901b from CaSH hits like it's brand new and the vapor is simply sick! Clouds and clouds of fine vapor makes me a happy vaper.

Now to the review. I had heard so much good stuff about the Arctic Mint that I decided to try it first. I now wish I hadn't. It's so F**KING amazing that every flavor, and I do mean every one I tried afterward, was just not up to snuff. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm not and never have been a regular menthol smoker. Menthol tastes pretty damn nasty to me. Not to mention the fact that Peppermint and Spearmint is just disgusting. However, the Arctic Mint is a beautiful blast of sweet mint that lifted me to cloud nine! I literally started shaking as I put my mini down. I didn't want to sit it down! I don't have enough good to say about the Arctic Mint except that my next JC order will have Arctic Mint in it or my name isn't Da Black Anarch.

I next tried the Almond Coffee Cake. I like it. It's very mellow and smooth. If I have one complaint about any of Mac's juices, it's that the flavors are very understated. Mac, brah, don't be afraid to turn up the flava! That said, it was nicely done. It had a great mouth feel and was so smooth, it should be called Almond Coffee Pudding. Just as with all the VG smoke juice, it delivers a powerhouse of vapor. I don't think that I'll ever smoke PG again. I don't have that dry, slightly scratchy feeling in my throat and the vapor is amazing.

My next one was the Chocolate Almond Decadence. I have to say, while I wasn't looking forward to vaping a chocolate flavor, this stuff is great. Definitely heavy on the chocolate and very light on the almond. When I vape, I tend to draw until I have a mouth full, inhale, and then just breathe out through my nose. I like that dragon look. When you do the Chocolate Almond Decadence, that glorious chocolate taste, turns out to have an awesome chocolate smell that puts a smile on your face and makes you want to wipe the chocolate off of your lips.

A quick side note. I've found so far that the best flavor in Mac's arsenal is...not in his arsenal! Mixing the CAD and the AM together sent me into fits of hysteria at how WONDERFUL the taste was! OMG, that chocolate, with a hint of almond mixed with the most magnificent mint I've ever had was beyond any description. It will be my smoke of choice and actually the one that may let me give up on the cancer sticks for good. It's absolutely heavenly!

Next up to bat, was the Wild Cherry. Again, a vapor powerhouse. The WC was surprisingly nice. I say that because I was expecting the subtle flavor that Mac's juices seem to have to me. The WC is bold and very beautiful. It also has a very interesting cooling effect in my mouth. Believe it or not, menthol heads, the WC may be what you're looking for. When I vape it, I get the immediate cherry flavor (and not that fake cherry flavor), similar to ripened Bing cherries and then this very nice cooling effect that feels like a very mellow menthol. Give this one a try!

Okay, now for the last two flavors, Vanilla Ice Cream and Smooth Hickory. First the SH. I saved these two for last because I loathe Vanilla and the SH just seemed...weird. Well, I found that I love the taste of the Smooth Hickory. To me, it actually tastes more tobacco-like than the Original Tobacco, which I've had already and will not be reviewing. Strangely enough, the SH has an aftertaste like eating BBQ Chicken. Being a Midwestern boy who grew up grilling, this is great. Puts me in mind of a cookout.

The VIC was better than I expected, although I liked it the least out of all the flavors. The VIC is a victim of Mac's Understated Flavor Syndrome. I could hardly taste the vanilla at all. Now, before you guys start thinking that JCSJ is tasteless, let me explain. I've found that Mac's juices take a day or so to grow on you. At first, the flavors are very subtle. But, about a day later, the taste is, while not strong, much more noticeable and flavorful. As a relatively new e-smoker, I still like that initial flavor hit that you get when you first light up and JC's is, in my opinion, not the fast hitting smoke juice. It creeps up on you and then it's mad good. The VIC is eerily smooth and even for a JC juice, it's waaaay subtle. I don't know if it's because I've tried all the juices over the last 2 hours but, I just can't taste the vanilla.

I ordered too soon and thus, was unable to get my hands on the new Tennessee Flue Cured.:cry: I'll review it as soon as I order again. As always, Black Anarch out!

Last edited:

dablackanarch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2008
Seattle, USA
I'm definitely wanting to try the Tennessee Flue Cured. I love the tobacco taste and would love an alternative to the Original Tobacco from JC's.

Europe, trust me, the smells from the juice make you want to drink them too! The Wild Cherry especially smells like cherry juice. It's great!

One more thing to note. The sample bottles are perfect for carrying around some juice for the drippers. The pipette in the cap drops the right amount to get your smoke on, but not clog your atomizer.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
if i was a child,and i opened a bottle of arctic mint,id probably take a swig...it smells lovely-i only wish it tasted as strong as it smells...

however,i wouldnt take a swig of pilllboxes totally wicked french pipe...

i think child proof bottle caps might be an idea for eliquid suppliers to consider.

Nah- we'll just lock htem up in our gun cabinets with trigger safety locks on them

Hey dagit ... read post #4 ...

:)

Thanks!

Actually, I'd found the answering post after posting my repeated question - having a dandy of a time remembering that this forum lists posts "backwards" to most others I frequent. I'll slap my hand here (lighly, of course) in a sec, and then carry on with trying to look more clearly myself before asking silly questions! :oops:

Thanks!

Actually, I'd found the answering post after posting my repeated question - having a dandy of a time remembering that this forum lists posts "backwards" to most others I frequent. I'll slap my hand here (lighly, of course) in a sec, and then carry on with trying to look more clearly myself before asking silly questions! :oops:

You can change that under user settings. I had to do the same.

ffyter

Aug 23, 2008
I just received the VG sample pack as well and am not pleased at all. Maybe I received a bad batch or something. I have the DS 901 from puresmoker. Very little vapor, no throat hit at all, and after a couple of drags a burned taste. I tried everything to remedy the problem (new battery, switched to a new atomizer, and tried every flavor) with no solution. I switched back to Janes regular tobbacco and everything is back to normal. I tried dripping, filled new carts with every single flavor and still got minimal vapor and the horrible burned taste after 3-4 drags. It will be sent back for a refund for sure. Like I said, maybe I got a bad batch or something. I am not trying to knock the seller.

I just received the VG sample pack as well and am not pleased at all. Maybe I received a bad batch or something. I have the DS 901 from puresmoker. Very little vapor, no throat hit at all, and after a couple of drags a burned taste. I tried everything to remedy the problem (new battery, switched to a new atomizer, and tried every flavor) with no solution. I switched back to Janes regular tobbacco and everything is back to normal. I tried dripping, filled new carts with every single flavor and still got minimal vapor and the horrible burned taste after 3-4 drags. It will be sent back for a refund for sure. Like I said, maybe I got a bad batch or something. I am not trying to knock the seller.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. It is such a shame. They seem really nice over there and appear to put a lot work into there presentation. The bottles are very nice, but indeed I'm having the same problem. I thought my atomizers where bad after cleaning them. Maybe they aren't....Ill just have to order my juice from somewhere else. As for me I'm going to keep the juice none the less. Ill use it for mixing since it does have a good taste at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread