Jewel or Junk? 21st Century $21 starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

borockster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Western Ky.
On a whim I purchased a 21st Century Smoke menthol express starter kit. It came with 1 battery, charger, 2 cartridges with self contained atomizers. Refills are $7.19 for 3. I bought this rig a week ago and have used it exclusively.

I sometimes miss my analogs but so far, so good...no smoking and no overwhelming cravings. I am satisfied that this product will help me switch to full time vaping.

I like that it's only a 2 piece unit. I just screw the cartridge on it and I'm ready to vape. My question is about different "flavors". 21st Century only offers tobacco and Menthol. Are their any other cartridges that will thread on to my battery? Or do I have to buy a whole new starter kit? Thanks in advance!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Disposables are disposable. You generally cannot use the parts or charger with normal versions of the same thing.

If you like 2-pieces look at Vapor4Life.com or the generic kits are cheaper - see KR808D-1 manual kit at LiteCigUSA.net. If you get a real ecig get manual batteries. Lots of people kill their automatic batteries with juice leaks and cartomizers (aka carto, the one-piece screw-on carts with their own atomizer) are most likely to leak right where an auto battery can be killed, especially if you refill the cartos.

And FYI 21st Century's real stuff is super super ripoff - over $100 for a 1 battery kit
http://www.21centurysmoking.com/catalog/
$40 for a replacement battery that should cost $15 or less in plain white
http://www.21centurysmoking.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71
etc
Even worse than most ripoff rebranders

Last edited:

borockster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Western Ky.
Actually it's not a disposable. It came with an a/c charger and it works fine. I know about the disposable your referring to but that's a different unit. Good gosh....have I stumped the master? :) 21st Centurysmoke is a different company than 21st century smoking. Thanks for all the advice folks.

The unit I bought is the last one on the page here ---> http://www.21stcenturysmoke.com/products.asp

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Yes you have stumped me then!

You have Mystery Model - no idea

We are mostly familiar with ripoff models and owners who come here looking for cheaper parts for them.

The models we recommend here mostly do not have names. There are few rebranders that used the recommended models that are well-supported by the parts makers of new styles of cartomizers etc.

Did you get that ecig at Walmart? Does it have male threads on the battery and the battery is about 9mm diameter? if so, I think it may be compatible with KR808D-1 (a recommended model) or if not then with KR808D-2. You can buy a single KR808D-1 prefilled carto of unknown quality at VapeSafe.com and see if it works. If it is 9mm diameter or a bit thicker and has a female battery, then my guess is RN4081 but I think could also be M602C?

If it is definitely skinnier than 9mm then no idea - could be a Chinese wholesaler model E8 (I think a male battery) or an L88b like the new Blu (female battery)

Last edited:

borockster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Western Ky.
Yes you have stumped me then!

You have Mystery Model - no idea

We are mostly familiar with ripoff models and owners who come here looking for cheaper parts for them.

The models we recommend here mostly do not have names. There are few rebranders that used the recommended models that are well-supported by the parts makers of new styles of cartomizers etc.

Did you get that ecig at Walmart? Does it have male threads on the battery and the battery is about 9mm diameter? if so, I think it may be compatible with KR808D-1 (a recommended model) or if not then with KR808D-2. You can buy a single KR808D-1 prefilled carto of unknown quality at VapeSafe.com and see if it works. If it is 9mm diameter or a bit thicker and has a female battery, then my guess is RN4081 but I think could also be M602C?

If it is definitely skinnier than 9mm then no idea - could be a Chinese wholesaler model E8 (I think a male battery) or an L88b like the new Blu (female battery)

Here it is Buy 21st Century Electronic Cigarettes Now! - CB Distributors, Inc.

The battery has the female end and the cartos are male. It was bought at a Murphys gas station at a Walmart. They advertise the disposable but they also sell this rechargeable model.

borockster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Western Ky.
I can't look at what you linked. It wants to show me a movie first so no thanks.

I also discussed female batteries in what I wrote.

No idea what "movie" your talking about. After you say your 18 you do see a "line" across the screen but the the page comes up like any other. Thanks anyway. I appreciate the info you provided so far. I just hate to throw away something that works quite well. But if even the experts at this site know nothing about it then that's a red flag right there. Have a great day and thanks again....

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
But if even the experts at this site know nothing about it then that's a red flag right there.
This is the correct answer right here.
:)

I'm glad you got something that works well, but getting replacement parts for a decent price will be hard if not impossible.
And those prefilled cartridges are going to have you spending way more than you need to.

You'll save enough money by switching to something else that you'll make up the difference in no time flat.

selenamstar

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
Coralville/Ottumwa Iowa
I was just gonna say it looks like 40X mod, like mine, by ENvy. It works ok, I'm impatiently awaiting my 510 to arrive. I have used my mod w/ 3 batteries & 3 atties exclusively for over a month now, I eased in from analogs, to full vape. I paid too much $ for everything but oh wells live & learn right?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Re movie - I have a flash blocker at work. It blocked the animated swoop-in of the picture.

Sorry I cannot see battery threads. The carto threads are hard to see. What is the diameter?

And FYI DSE103 and RN4081 use some of the same cartos

Pictures of RN4081 cartos
The Better Way To Smoke - Blank Cartomizer for RN4081 and DSE103,Yellow
Electronic Cigarette / eCig Refill - Replacement Cartomizers for less - Our cartomizers fit several popular models so buy from us and Save!
eSmokeClub - Cartomizers - Super - NPRO - RN4081 - Refillable - Single
http://www.vaporkings.com/RN4081-NP...old-Atomizer-4081-p/4081-cartomizer-blank.htm

With no diameter to go on I am sticking with RN4081 as my guess

Last edited:

CBB

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
It looks like you got a fair deal for the e-cig that you got and if by some odd reason all of my rigs died at once I would probably run out and buy one of those to get me through until I could get my stuff replaced. But in the long run you will be much better off buying a 510 or KR808D-1 from one of the EFC suppliers listed at the top of the forum window. You can rest assured that they will have quality products at reasonable prices and will stand behind their products. You can't be sure that a brand found in a convenience store is going to be there when you need them.

Animeguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Virginia
Yeah after looking at the site, the starter kit is what I had. I still have one of the batteries and charger but the atty is lost prolly with the other battery somewhere. I kinda lost track of it after I got my inferno. It does work well. I get decent vapor. But it doesn't last long. Using that kit is as if I am smoking cigs. I would buy a pack of carts a day. I tried refilling it but at the time I did not understand how that worked. The flavor of the menthol is really nice tho. Now with the Inferno I just drip so I probably won't learn to use carts nor do I want to. Cartos are ok but I prefer dripping. Now I have a slight feeling of going to find it. But I probably lose that feeling as soon as I get up from my bed. IF something bad happens then I will buy the kit again but I do not think I will ever run out of batteries. I have 2 complete inferno kits..My co-worker makes fun of me when I switch attys at work. He said " People just switch attys, you just take out your other inferno" lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread