Johnson Creek Domestic Review ( Revised )

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1ke

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
North East USA
Vision Vivi Nova with 2.4O atomizer head ( ~2.60 on multimeter )
joyetech eGo-T battery at ~3.4V
~4.5 watts

Before I get to the review, I want to say something about Johnson Creek juices in general. I think vaping their juices at 4.5 to 6 watts yields the best ( intended ) flavor. Their Vea device only vapes at about 4.5 watts. I've read and watched reviews of people vaping Johnson Creek juices at like 10 watts, then saying it tastes burnt and horrible. That makes sense since they are probably burning the juice before it's vaporized.

Intended Taste - Tobacco

Positives
+ It can be vaped anytime and for long periods of time without losing it's appeal.
+ It produces lots of smoke-like vapor.
+ The flavor hits it's intended mark almost perfectly.

Negatives
- This liquid tends to get dark as it sits in a tank or cartomizer, so it will gunk up your atomizer quicker than most juices. After seeing it darken in a cartomizer, I can only assume it's the heat darkening it.

Neutral Observations
= It replicates the taste of cigarette tobacco very well, but it would replicate it perfectly if the caramel taste was toned down a bit.
= I notice it tastes most like a cigarette on the exhale.
= It's only available in 100% VG.

I determine ratings for a review by dividing the number of positives by the number of negatives, so in this case it's 2 divided by 1.

<= 0.33 is awful.
0.5 is bad.
1 is OK.
2 is good.
>= 3 is outstanding.

My rating for Johnson Creek Domestic is a 3, which is outstanding. - I think this juice would be an excellent choice for someone making the switch from cigarettes to vaping.

rival11

Oct 31, 2010
New York
Just got my bottle in today - hands down my favorite all time juice. Tastes great and produces great vapor. I vape it at 11 watts and don't have any problems.

I mainly went with this brand because I heard it was the closest to blu cigs classic tobacco flavor (which many hate but i've always loved).

Definitely would recommend. For those of you who prefer the sweet side more.....their Tennessee cured tobacco flavor may be what you're looking for.

evolv3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Orlando, FL, USA
? ???

Maybe i have a bad batch, but this stuff is disgusting to me. So is TC. Nothing like a "blu" and neither is TC, im my opinion. Nothing like a cigarette except taste like burnt .... (lit wrong end).

I taste pepper, some wierd spices, i cant even describe what else....maybe burnt mint licorice? Was hoping for a blu.

I cant do it.... Gives me the willies just remembering the taste.

Agree on destroying coils.

Sorry to be harsh. Like i said, maybe bad batch of both?

jimbol

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Southern Maryland
? ???

Maybe i have a bad batch, but this stuff is disgusting to me. So is TC. Nothing like a "blu" and neither is TC, im my opinion. Nothing like a cigarette except taste like burnt .... (lit wrong end).

It's been said, tastes vary widely. I do like Domestic but not TC. I've read so many rave reviews about TC that a few months ago I bought a 15mL bottle. It did nothing for me. Gave the remaining 13ml to a friend and he loves it. To him it has a very pipe tobacco flavor.

On the other hand I have figured out that no liquid is going to taste the same. Just too many differences between vaping and smoking.

Aviz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
SF E. Bay , CA
Guys I Love this ejuice but something bizarre happens with it - its the only leaker I have. no matter what I put it in, it leaks. I got ten types on various pg/vg eJuices, none leaks. It leaked in protanks, in Evods, in iclear 30, Even in a cartomizer ! (smktech for ego). it leaks on stock coils, it even leaks on my builds. I tried adding wick to the protank - no mass - leaks. strangest thing. is it because its water based? what am I dong wrong here? (I obviously make sure my tank is clean of any pg residue, and everything is tip top. I couldn't find anyone with this issue; is it a bad batch?)

Aviz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
SF E. Bay , CA
That seems to be ththenly reasonable explanation, come to think of it past bottles were ok. I'll try and post again.
PS
Do I need to steep the JC Domestic ?
Leaking is not a protha I've had with Domestic. I've used 5 bottles of it over the past year and that never came up. I've no way of knowing if you have a bad batch. Johnson Creek's customer service is very good, maybe they'll replace it. Just a thought.

jimbol

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Southern Maryland
I asked JC that and they said no. Personally I open it, let it sit (open) for an hour, close it and let it sit for 2-3 days before I use it. It takes me a week of all-day-vapes to make it through my rotation so it just might be a coincidence. The only JC flavor where I noticed a difference doing this vs immediate use was Solstice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread