Johnson Creek graveyard of the Atty.. Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicotine

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
China
I know JC have had a bad reputation in the past for killing atomisers. I have just had 2 510s and one kissbox attys die whilst using JCs Chocolate truffle PG 18mg Smoke juice. It even turned a further brand new kissbox atty into a vapourless sludgefest within two hrs of using it.. why did i carry on? Well brand new 1FL OZ and the constant thought may be it is just a coincidence.

Just my imagination? If someone else uses this type with no problems pls let me know, otherwise be warned.:mad:

sbphotog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
O-H-I-O
www.facebook.com
Maybe it's not the juice, but human error instead. I use JC too and my atty's are work fine. JC juice is thinner, so you have to be careful not to flood the atty repeatedly. That could be why your atty's are dying.

Also, are you sure they're dead? have you tried cleaning them? Sometimes that'll bring it back to life. And an atty will appear "dead" when it's flooded. try removing the atty and blowing into the battery side of the atty to blow out all the excess fluid.

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
JC is and has been my liquid of choice. I have yet to lose an atty. I have flooded them! LOL I order high nic and cut with PG and some VG. I use black cherry, peach, original and tenn. cured. I have vaped since the end of July 2009. I do have one bottle of JC original that I think may be way strong, but the nic level is NOT designated. I contacted them and they were supposed to send me a label to return it, but they haven't so I am thinking of ditching it. That is the only problem I have had so far with it.

I've used the same atomizers now for 3 months or so with JC being my main juice. Ever since I got the welcome to esmoking sampler from them; I've been hooked. I also have 20 different kinds of juice from heavengifts, 40ml of 60mg nic n pg from lpl-clt, and humco glycerin from walmart (I used to custom mix with extract flavors, this was disastrous :oops:) . I go through about 2ml of juice a day, and new cart everyday.

I did kill one atomizer using the crest mouthwash cleaning method. :mad: I may have done it wrong, but after using it the next day, after drying all night and priming, it never produced any vapor again. Pulling it apart, it looks like it burnt out at the "wick" like thing inside the atty. I highly recommend not using any invasive cleaning method on ALL of your attys at the same time!

Maybe your cleaning method is what is killing your attys while using JC?

ted26

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2008
uk england
How exactly would any e-liquid "kill" an atomizer? That doesn't make sense! If it left a residue that gummed it up that would be one thing, but that doesn't kill an atty. What kills an atty is improper maintenance or burning it up running it dry for too long.

Johnsons creek released some batches of juice when they first started trading that left so much residue an atomizer lasted a day at the most. But i mentioned the above just to say that it does happen, if i remember rightly they refunded anyone with problems and since then seem to have got there act together.

So yes it could be the juice.

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
I have been using JC Original and Tenn. Cured for a few months, now. I have been really unlucky with atomizers. I lost 4 RN4081 attys from AquaVaporCigs in less than a month, and a few Volcano attys since late December. All-in-all, I estimate 7+ dead attys since November 2009.

But I don't think the JC juice is the problem. I also tried BestECiggy juice, which - coincidence or not - tended to be the last refill I got in before my attys died.

At this point, I suspect that the BestECiggy juice was the culprit behind my poor atty life. Either that or my USB passthroughs are burning the attys out too soon.

I am pretty sure, now, that the JC juice is not the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread