Johnson Creek is closing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had to change their flavor formulations for the same reasons alien Visions doesn't make Boba's Bounty anymore. Key ingredient suppliers were no longer willing to supply them.

Blu was the first electronic cigarette I ever tried. The original tobacco flavor was so good. It convinced me I could quit smoking.

Soon after joining ECF, I learned that Johnson Creek's Red Oak Domestic was the same as the Blu, and I bought brown bottle after brown bottle of it. Then I discovered DIY juice making and my first successful commercial clone was Red Oak Domestic.

Sometime in late 2014 or early 2015 I discovered that I was a bigger fan of non-tobacco flavors and rarely ever now vape tobacco. But I give credit to Johnson Creek for starting me on this here life saving path I'm on.

I know this is a OLD thread but you said: "Then I discovered DIY juice making and my first successful commercial clone was Red Oak Domestic"

What is a commercial clone? Is there a way I can buy it still or no?

Doesn't hurt to ask :)

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
D I Y = do it yourself, as in make your own e liquid.
Commercial = ready made / store bought / available from a commercial source.
Clone as it pertains to e liquids = A DIY recipe that replicates the flavor of commercial e liquid.

When a company goes out of business or stops producing a particular flavor you only have 2 options;
Find a similar flavor from another company you enjoy, or, get into DIY e liquid and experiment with recipes, flavorings, pg/vg ratios until you make something you like.

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I know this is a OLD thread but you said: "Then I discovered DIY juice making and my first successful commercial clone was Red Oak Domestic"

What is a commercial clone? Is there a way I can buy it still or no?

Doesn't hurt to ask :)
I understand your confusion. Commercial clone does sounds like someone came up with a clone that they sell. It would have been less confusing had it said DIY clone of a commercial e-liquid. I did a double take at that sentence too.

And you are right, it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

I understand your confusion. Commercial clone does sounds like someone came up with a clone that they sell. It would have been less confusing had it said DIY clone of a commercial e-liquid. I did a double take at that sentence too.

And you are right, it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

Thank you - :)

D I Y = do it yourself, as in make your own e liquid.
Commercial = ready made / store bought / available from a commercial source.
Clone as it pertains to e liquids = A DIY recipe that replicates the flavor of commercial e liquid.

When a company goes out of business or stops producing a particular flavor you only have 2 options;
Find a similar flavor from another company you enjoy, or, get into DIY e liquid and experiment with recipes, flavorings, pg/vg ratios until you make something you like.

Thank you :)

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

uab9253

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2014
Salisbury MD
They had to change their flavor formulations for the same reasons Alien Visions doesn't make Boba's Bounty anymore. Key ingredient suppliers were no longer willing to supply them.

Blu was the first electronic cigarette I ever tried. The original tobacco flavor was so good. It convinced me I could quit smoking.

Soon after joining ECF, I learned that Johnson Creek's Red Oak Domestic was the same as the Blu, and I bought brown bottle after brown bottle of it. Then I discovered DIY juice making and my first successful commercial clone was Red Oak Domestic.

Sometime in late 2014 or early 2015 I discovered that I was a bigger fan of non-tobacco flavors and rarely ever now vape tobacco. But I give credit to Johnson Creek for starting me on this here life saving path I'm on.
I'm still vaping my last 6 or so 30ml bottles of Red Oak Domestic before the recipe change. My path to JC was the same as yours, started with Blu. I really liked Tennessee Cured too but it was a coil killer. Then I fell in love with Nicoticket and stocked up before they went down but soon I will need to find some new juice. I don't enjoy the hunt - not looking forward to it.

PDXJack

Mar 22, 2018
I have a feeling that it may have something to do with their messed up flavors produced after Aug 2016, or they simply sold out to big tobacco.
I have always used their juices diluted 1:2 (JC:VG/PG) so it didn't really affect me as much as those who vaped it straight. Well if it's their flavor they should have done something about it, if it's really bankruptcy then it's management's fault (for possibly taking huge paychecks).
If they sold out to big tobacco, that might explain why they couldn't sell their traditional favors since Aug. 2016. They sold the formula to the big boys, and sold their s*hit to us. What a shame...
Like the member above I have started a small niche biz 17 years ago with next to nothing, never ever borrowed and only re-invested the generated revenue, and still in biz today.
I really wish to find out the real truth behind this (former) great American company, which I have actually trusted putting their products into my lungs. I really didn't see this coming, but was upset at their reformulations.
Anyone found any juice similar to JC's Original and Tennessee Cured? and I mean really close. Thanks.

Ohhhh is that why Blu who sold out to big tobacco as well can't sell certain in certain states? I never understood why they can sell their express kit but not their juices....the law mist state something about e juices sold by big tobacco is a no no?"

shoreline

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 30, 2013
Virginia
www.flavorah.com
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread