The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Johnson Creek Juice Turning Green!

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by CalPilot89, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CalPilot89

CalPilot89 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2008
    Cleveland Ohio
    Okay, I don't know if anyone else has had this experience, but I ordered 2 sample packs from Johnson Creek. One PG the other VG. I underestimated how long these were going to last me and I am finally down to the last few bottles of VG.. It has been over a month, maybe a month and a half. It seems to me practically over night, and seemingly to all the bottles at once, that the liquid in each bottle has turned green. It does not matter what color the juice was when they came, they have all turned the same color green.
    There is no cloudiness, no sediment. Just a drastic color change.
    None of the bottles have been exposed to any drastic change in temperature except for one that went through the washer and I threw away.
    Anyone else have this experience? Should I be keeping these in the refrigerator? That will not work as I am on the road constantly.
    I wrote to JC and will post the response..
    What do you think?? Throw them out?
    I will post some pics if I can figure out how..

2. RainbowznStarz

RainbowznStarz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    I definitely wouldn't be using any of those juices but I'd keep them for awhile as proof. Can you take a picture and post it?

3. CalPilot89

Dec 3, 2008
    Cleveland Ohio
    2 examples. They are all like this..

Attached Files:

4. spike

spike Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 15, 2008
    London, UK
    Oh, that's scary. I have two lots of Johnson Creek VG sample packs, but all in dark brown bottles, bought in the UK. The only way I can check is to pour one or two out, but before that I'll wait to see what others think. Mine are kept in a, usually, dark cool room. Definitely be very wary of using them before further advice.

5. CalPilot89

Dec 3, 2008
    Cleveland Ohio
    It's funny the timing as I just received a new sample pack this morning. When I went to see how much of the old stuff I had left I was shocked that every bottle was the same color green. They were not all in the same place. I had 1 in the drawer in the bathroom, 2 in my jacket pocket, and a few that were just about empty in my luggage. They were all the same. It was like the clock went to zero and they all just expired..

6. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
    Don't inhale that stuff.

Please let us know what they say has happened, that looks scary.

7. spike

Oct 15, 2008
    London, UK
    I shall check mine tomorrow I think. What was the original colour before it turned green?

8. CalPilot89

Dec 3, 2008
    Cleveland Ohio
    Here are 4 from the same batch.

Attached Files:

9. CalPilot89

Dec 3, 2008
    Cleveland Ohio
    Here are the same 4 flavors from the batch I got today. The green ones started as this color.

Attached Files:

10. CaSHMeRe

CaSHMeRe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2008
    USA
    Both the VG and PG Formulas turned green? Or was is just 1 type?

11. spike

Oct 15, 2008
    London, UK
    Must be something to do with the clear glass? - an effect of the light on the liquid after a time, although you had them in different places. Maybe that's why the ones I bought here are in dark brown glass?

12. CalPilot89

Dec 3, 2008
    Cleveland Ohio
    Cash, the original tobacco was the only one that was PG. All the others are VG.. The PG and VG both turned the same color.
    The clear bottles were not exposed to direct sunlight. The one in the drawer was in the dark, the ones in my jacket were only out to top off carts. Same for the ones in my luggage..
    I wrote to JC this morning and am just waiting for a response.

13. Frankie

Frankie Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2008
    Slovakia
    Well, there goes the idea that an all-American producer will beat the Chinese and make liquid that is safe to inhale, worry-free...

(I wanted to try their VG set.) Urgh.

14. Nadia Maximus

Nadia Maximus Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2008
    FL USA
    OMG :shock: :cry:

15. CalPilot89

Dec 3, 2008
    Cleveland Ohio
    Don't get me wrong. The juice before this happened was really good. Like I said, I ordered more. It never hurt any of my atomizers, it tastes good. Good Vapor. It just worries me that it seems there is an expiration date and I would like to know what it is for future reference.
    It may be the clear bottles. It may be that it is over a month old. Maybe I will stop ordering the sample packs. They last so long. Maybe I will just order 1 bottle at a time...

16. CalPilot89

Dec 3, 2008
    Cleveland Ohio
    BTW how does everyone get those nifty little counters at the bottom of the posts that says how long you have been smoke free???

17. No burn baby

No burn baby Senior Member ECF Veteran

Exposure to sunlight does some funny funny stuff to every thing really. I keep all my juices in the fridge. I'd still be very concerned!

18. swanee

swanee Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2008
    me fi
    That's weird and you can just click on one and it will take you to the site to make one...

19. No burn baby

No burn baby Senior Member ECF Veteran

Click on one! :)

20. CalPilot89

Dec 3, 2008
    Cleveland Ohio
    Thanks! It had to be that easy didn't it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.