Johnson Creek Juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puff-e

Oct 3, 2009
Illinois
Well, I've migrated towards the Johnson Creek Juices recently, and I must say; I am rather impressed. So far, I've vaped the 30 ml of Johnson Creeks original juice, and am now vaping the Tennessee Cured. The Johnson Creek juices offer up to 24 mg nic juice and also offer a reduced PG recipe. I have gone with the reduced PG on both types. So far, I've found the Original smoke juice to be a bit stronger/flavor wise. However, the Tennessee Cured tends to vape a little better for me, for whatever reason. If you have tried the RY4 juices and have been pleased, then I must say,..This Tennessee Cured seems to be the perfect mix of tobacco flavors with just enough sweetness from the Caramel type flavor to give it a boost and smooth after taste. I personally, love this Tennessee cured juice. I know the Johnson Creek juices are a bit pricey compared to other juices out there however, I feel that this juice is worth every penny. I'm eager to try some of their other flavors as well; Chocolate Truffle and Peach Cobbler are next on my list. This review is coming from someone who normally doesn't enjoy the tobacco flavors as much. So, keep this in mind. I love the balance with these juices and they succeed in delivering that memory I had of puffing on a fine cigar or pipe. The reduced PG is creating clouds and clouds of vapor from my 510, and I'm LOVIN' IT!!! :shock: Go with the Johnson Creek juices! You will be pleased!

Puff-e

Oct 3, 2009
Illinois
I saw the Apple Cider, too! I need to try that one before it's out for the season! I am getting a good throat hit from the reduced PG. For me, the PG can make my throat a bit itchy. I find the reduced PG cures this problem for me. Also, the Tennessee Cured is a bit lighter on flavor IMHO however, I find it to be a much smoother vape then the Original formula. Let me know how the Apple Cider turns out! I bet that one will be a winner! Peace,

M

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
Johnson Creek had a bad rap for a while but it seems that they finally got their act together. The first bottle I ordered from them "cherry" was horrible and the forum was swarming with complaints about their e-liquids so I swore that I would never buy from them again. The my friend said that he recently ordered from them and it was quite good, so I decided to give them another chance. I had found some of their original formula and it was great so I was hesitant on trying their latest creation. I received my order last week and I must say that they have greatly improved. I tried their spiced apple cider and it was so-so but their summer peach was pretty good.

chayce

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
I loved the flavor of JC juices, I don't think there are better tasting liquids on the market. The mint chocolate was my favorite, but I will never use them again. My two deal breaking complaints are these:

1. The juices burnt out atomizers. Maybe this is just a 510 problem, but I went through several attys in a week before I realized it was the juice. Possibly due to the sweetener they used.

2. The juice has a limited shelf life. After finding out that it was a liquid problem I shelved the JC liquid for emergencies. About a month and a half later I got my cartomizer and decided to try some JC juice in one. The mint chocolate had a very nasty flavor that almost made me vomit. I don't know how to describe it other than chemical. Possibly bacteria growth due to their sweetener.

Maybe I just got a bad batch, but the whole ordeal was too costly to repeat. The sample pack was less expensive than the attys it ruined, and having the liquid go bad in just over a months time was insult to injury.

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
You must have gotten a bad batch back when all that was going on. They had some bad batches a while back but they fixed the issues.

I have several 401 and 510 attys I've never used with anything but JC and I've never lost one. It seemed for every one person who said they about lost attys there were 5 more who had no issues, so who knows. And I personally have never had any bottles "go bad" and I've had them for 3 months...

So I'd say give them a chance again if you really liked the flavors. If you don't like it you can return it, they have a money back guarantee.

(btw- I don't think they use sweeteners)

I loved the flavor of JC juices, I don't think there are better tasting liquids on the market. The mint chocolate was my favorite, but I will never use them again. My two deal breaking complaints are these:

1. The juices burnt out atomizers. Maybe this is just a 510 problem, but I went through several attys in a week before I realized it was the juice. Possibly due to the sweetener they used.

2. The juice has a limited shelf life. After finding out that it was a liquid problem I shelved the JC liquid for emergencies. About a month and a half later I got my cartomizer and decided to try some JC juice in one. The mint chocolate had a very nasty flavor that almost made me vomit. I don't know how to describe it other than chemical. Possibly bacteria growth due to their sweetener.

Maybe I just got a bad batch, but the whole ordeal was too costly to repeat. The sample pack was less expensive than the attys it ruined, and having the liquid go bad in just over a months time was insult to injury.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
So I recieved my Johnson Creek Trio and here is my review. The 3 flavors are Vanilla, Tenn. Curend, and Strawberry(The vanilla is reduced PG). Well as it stands I have 3 15ml bottles that taste all virtually identical. Now the taste is not bad, but theres just no difference. I can understand that the sweeter TC and Vanilla could possibly be close in taste, but the strawberry should taste different. I cant really put my finger on what JC juices taste like but honestly, they taste like caramel cookies. Like I said before, its not that bad but now I have 45ml of cookie juice and probably going to get sick of the same taste. Im gonna give it another day or too and decide if im gonna return it or not. I can see myself getting sick of the same flavor quick. I may get some fruity doubler and try to doctor up a good flavor. Any ideas on what to do? Im definately not ordering from JC any more. When I buy 3 different flavors, I want 3 DIFFERENT flavors!!!!!!!

indyxlt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2009
New England
I got my JC sampler pack shortly after my original 901 at the beginning of October. Fell in love with Black Cherry and Tennessee Cured. I went through the other flavors also, except the menthol. I tried some samples from a couple other vendors. One was weak and another OK. Santa brought new bottles of JC Black Cherry and Tennessee Cured this morning (along with a USB passthrough). I filled up with the Black Cherry immediately and OMG, it felt great to be back. I think the throat hit is great and I prefer my vape to be more like smoking rather than sucking on a creamsicle. I agree with others that there is an underlying smokey/caramel flavor to all the flavors. I think this base flavor, for me anyway, compliments the Cherry and Cured. I'm soooo glad to have them in my cart again.

Also, I don't mind my hardware coming from China but I prefer the part I ingest, the vapor/juice, to be domestic. I don't want to knock anyone but I've done work over there, seen how things are done and we've all heard about various quality nightmares in their production of various items.

Hope everybody's holiday was happy.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
Got my order in today and well i feel rather let down. I ordered the sample pack and to be honest they all taste the same. I cant quite describe it but they all have this Peanut oil taste or something like that. I have a large sample to compare from. I have juices from aroma e-juice, Nhaler and Vapor4life. Is this Peanut oil flavor the base flavor that everyone is talking about that is unique to Johnson Creek? If so then these juices just dont jive with my taste buds.

esmok'n

Dec 18, 2009
Texas
I regularly use 555 24mg BestEcig and JC Espresso as my favorites. I start the day with 555 and in the afternoon I use the JC Espresso because by the afternoon, the 555 is pretty flavorless and the Espresso does offer up SOME flavor.
I used to use the JC KONA flavor, which really held up (flavorwise) all day, but was discontinued. The Espresso does not deliver the fullness of flavor like their Kona did and when I asked JC why they discontinued it they just replied "Taste is subjective". duh
I really like having a coffee flavor as a main vape and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the Espresso/Kona problem from JC? Also,was there something wrong with their Kona formula that may have caused them to cease production?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread