Johnson Creek Juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
So after 2 days of vaping my JC trio, still no difference in flavor. Maybe my taste buds haven't fully come back yet and I can't taste the difference. I think I put my finger on what they taste like. Sugar Cookies. Being Christmas time I had I sugar cookie the other day, waited a few minutes, and took a puff. That's it! Not a bad flavor but the 24mg is too strong for me. On the other hand, my Revolver 24mg cherry and vanilla are not too strong and are just like the liquid that comes in the stock Blu carts. Not bad but not great. So then I tried Tasty Vapor. I haven't even received my order yet and I can already tell my search is ending here. I placed an order but ordered 1 bottle wrong so I sent an email to Geoff. He called back almost immediately, helped me change my order and ended up throwing in a few mess ups he had laying around because i'm new, indecisive, and trying new things. On a scale of 1-10, Geoff at Tasty Vapor already has 15, and my order was just mailed. I'm gonna use his vanilla doubler to lighten up my JC trio and go from there. Oh, and im sure my Atomic Fireball thats on its way will be nothing short of amazing!!

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
Your not wrong JDsupreme. I got the sampler 2 days ago and they all taste the exact same to me. Sure, you get a hint of the other flavor but that base flavor is just so dominating that it drowns out all the other flavors. I had originally said i thought the taste was peanut cooking oil but i have since changed my mind. Its like an expresso taste in all of them. And actually, it tastes alot like my cartomizers do when they go dry and need to be refilled. That burnt taste...that is what all of these JC juices taste like to me. I guess if you are a Expresso lover then you could order the sampler pack and get 10 bottles of expresso tasting juice.

I have seen that alot of people like these juices but i just do get it. I have juices from other vendors and none of them taste like this. To me they are all just bad....really bad.

Slighter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Chicago Illinois
It seems like every time someone starts a thread or posts something positive about Johnson Creek juice it inevitably gets derailed by those who don't like them. I personally love their products, the apple cider is just great. I started with the "welcome" kit and continue to go back.

Last edited:

Idmonstre

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Well. let's see. i just got the v2 JC sample pack and my feelings are sort of mixed. My previous experience with ejuce is some really chemically crap i ordered from e-cig.com (strawbery and vanilla) before i knew better, and Raspberry from TrueSmoke.com along with my M401 Dragon (which is awesome by the way). Well i loved the raspberry but decided to try the jc mostly because they offered a sample pack. which i liked. So... First of, i love the bottles, very easy to use, very cute and portable. If nothing else i am glad i got it just so i have them. As for the flavor. eh... there does seem to be some underlying sweet/smokey something going on with every single one of them. I find that with some of the flavors (the original for example, black cherry, summer peach) the under taste works well. With some others it either conflicts or makes it too sweet (like with the chocolates). so... i don't know. I do find that it does bother me after the first few puffs. The other thing is, JC (not reduced PG) gives me WAY too much of a throat hit. I quit smoking a year before i ever got into e cigs (about three years ago, now) and have no interest in anything but a slight hit. I believe i shall try Tasty Vapor next. I will not return the JC stuff though because i do love the bottles, and have a couple of friends who will vape anything that i can give the eliquid i don't like to.

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
My first experence with jc (using the envy super mini) was "omg! they all taste almost exactly the same!".

Then i got a 510 and my observation is that the extra horsepower really brings the best out of this juice. The flavor was no longer dominated by the base and I could then tell them apart.

Since then i have tried almost every flavor they make and am mos def a fan.

My favs are peach, blk cherry and jc original but if you don't want to risk trying anything else new from them at least try to get in an order for apple cider before it goes away, that stuff is amazing.

Proverb

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Boulder, CO
I started off with JC back in August. They were my first eLiquid supplier and I bought a sampler pack as well as 30ml of the Espresso. On a 510 the flavors really came out for me and I really enjoyed them. My three favorites from there are Summer Peach, Tennessee Cured, and Espresso. I really need to place an order for some more Summer Peach and Tennessee Cured though; TC for the mellow anytime vape, and SP for the non-chemically tasting fruity flavor with a bit of bite to it.

That all said though, I've tried juices elsewhere, and I gotta admit, in terms of vapor production - at least compared to the standard DeKang juices, it's a little light. Not terrible, but it seems the juices have a slight wicking problem. When a friend and I tried some DeKang juices there was a noticable difference in vapor (though a noticable step back in flavor too) so take it for what it's worth.

NickM

Dec 26, 2009
Virginia
Got my order in today and well i feel rather let down. I ordered the sample pack and to be honest they all taste the same. I cant quite describe it but they all have this Peanut oil taste or something like that. I have a large sample to compare from. I have juices from aroma e-juice, Nhaler and Vapor4life. Is this Peanut oil flavor the base flavor that everyone is talking about that is unique to Johnson Creek? If so then these juices just dont jive with my taste buds.
I'm a newbie, and like newbies do, I bought a bunch of juices from several places all at once to try out and see what I might like. But my impression of the JC sample pack is exactly like yours. I just don't like the base taste at all, and it overpowers the flavor the juice is supposed to be. But I know that a lot of people like it, so to each his own.

kpax

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
US
Johnson's Creek is not that bad. The original I tried has a very strong flavor - something that a lot of members look for. The only thing I noticed is a distinct mesquite barbeque type undertone. It IS very smoke like. If that isn't your thing you could still use it to "smoke up" other boring flavors you may have. I haven't tried the others.

In their defense they have one of the best no hassle return policies around. You have 60 days and if you contact them they will send you a pre paid shipping sticker so you don't even have to pay to ship back. Also, they are the only vendor I know of that lets you return juice. About Us
Most have a disclaimer on site "no returns if you just don't like flavor" or something to that effect.

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
One of my first juice purchases was the 10 bottle PG sampler they crank out. At the time I thought they were pretty good juices and I really liked the peach and the TC so I ordered 30 ML bottles of both. The 30ml bottles I purchased tasted nothing like the 3ml samplers I had previously vaped. Both bottles have been sitting for nearly a month now with no discernable improvement. There is definitely something wrong when in a blind tasting you can't tell the difference between peach and a tobacco flavor. Attempts to correct this problem with Johnson Creek were not to my liking, i.e. they did NOTHING. Sad to say that I will NEVER be doing business with this company again, not when there are better, more consistent quality juices out there by companies who believe in the importance of customer service.

Wetworth

Nov 7, 2010
West Virgina
I just started using a PV and after a couple 3ml samples from a diff company I bought strawberry and spiced cider from JC. I was confused bucause my cartomizers and cartridges seemed to run out really fast, accompinied with the burnt taste. Also, I would get very little vapor. I had 2 of my new cartomizers filled with the JC fluid and one with camel from e-juice. The e-juice lasted me two days compared to a few hours with JC, plus had good ammounts of vapor. I assumed I was doing somethign wrong but after reading this, I guess it was the fluid. I'm a little dissipointed, I wanted to like JC but the fluids are just not cutting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread