Johnson Creek (Merango, Island, Rainer) & Highbrow (Chocolate Cake, Blackberry Limoncello, and Blueberry) Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
Hello...just thought I would share my new shipment of flaves that arrived today. Mind you these notes are all pre-steeped tastings.

I got a shipment of 6 flavors to add to my collection. I'm slowly branching out of my comfort zone of sweet citrus fruits.

All tastings were done with a eGo C Twist at approximately 3.8V, a Kanger Protank, and a 2.5 ohm atty. I did switch to fresh attys for each flavor.

Johnson Creek - VG based, 24 mg strength.

• Merango: smells of fresh strawberry with hints of tartness. TH seems a bit harsh with the high Nic level. Overall taste is of ripe strawberries just like their site claims, but pre-steeped tasting indicates that this needs to set out for a bit. In future vapings, I may add a drop or two of sweetener if a dessert vape is happening. Otherwise, I could see vaping this throughout the day without sweetener. I may cut this with another berry flavor if I want a cocktail type flave.
  • Island: has a bitter smell right out of the box. Pre-steeped taste is harsh and a bit bitter. This will definitely need steeping. I've been chasing something similar to MBV's afternoon delight, and this could have potential. I'll see in about a week.
  • Rainer: smells a bit like cough syrup right now, and pre-steeped taste is harsh and a bit bitter; there's little cherry flavor in it right now. This will definitely need steeping. I'm hoping this one works out. I used to live in the Northwest, and I dearly miss being so close to Ranier Cherry country.

Highbrow Vapor - VG based, 18 mg strength.

• Blackberry Limoncello: smells sweet and tart, and couldn't wait to vape. The TH is rather harsh, and the taste isn't matching up with the bouquet. I will have to let this steep to see if it will open up or mellow out a bit. I'm actually afraid to try it again after some steeping.
  • Blueberry: I got this one to make berry cocktails. The bouquet is really nice. It reminds me of blueberry pancake syrup, but the taste is not quite as sweet, which was a pleasant surprise. I see potential in this one for sure after some steeping (at least overnight).
  • Highbrow Chocolate Cake: The bouquet really taps into some memories of freshly baked chocolate cake despite this being a bit muted right now. The TH was fairly smooth with some nice finish of cocoa that lingers a bit. This was my last flavor of the tasting today. This one has potential for sure.

Just thought I'd post this out there. Feel free to share your thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread