Johnson Creek Original Tobacco Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
YouTube - Johnson Creek Smoke Juice E-liquid Review (Original Tobacco; 16mg)

This is a review of the Original Tobacco flavored 16mg e-liquid from Johnson Creek Smoke juice.

flavor - 4
vapor - 8
throat hit - 7
overall - 5

All reviews are done according to the following guidelines.

1) Clean, fresh atomizer. Blown out, rinsed, drained, blown out again and then "cooked off" to make sure NO LIQUID is left on the internal wick
2) Clean, fresh cartridge. Rinsed, dried, completely clean floss - Cart topped off with the liquid being reviewed.
3) 2 drops of liquid placed on the metal wick of the atomizer
4) Freshly charged battery.

Review categories:

Flavor : 1 - 10 (1=unusable, 10=heavenly)
Vapor Production : 1-10 (1= no vapor at all, 10=Marlboro 100 at below 0 )
Throat hit : 1-10 (1= no sensation at all, 10=Real cigarette)
Overall : 1-10 (Includes all of the above plus personal impressions relating to the liquid.)

Scoring :

1-2 : Unbearable. DO NOT BUY THIS STUFF.
3-4 : Very poor. Useable but not recommended. There's something that's not right and it kills the entire experience.
5-6 : Poor - Average. Meh...It makes vapor, it doesn't taste foul and it tickles a little. Nothing to write home about.
7-8 : Good - You can feel pretty confident buying this juice. It does what it's supposed to do and it does it well.
9-10 : Amazing! - THIS is the stuff that will kill tobacco smoking. Simply put, an amazing puff that's well worth the money.

Last edited:

Cyborgasm

Jan 8, 2009
U.S.
I've tried the original tobacco and puke is a bit harsh lol, but I wasn't impressed overall with my JC sampler. The only really quality juice IMO was the Tennessee cured. Good throat hit/Vapor and a fantastic taste. But when I really get settled down with this e-cig business I only plan to use 3-4 different juices regularly.

Hope you make more vids!

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Dammit, I just ordered a bottle of JC Original Tobacco 2 days ago. Oh well. Maybe it'll be different for me? The flavor description didn't sound too appealing though, hehe.

Your mileage may vary. I understand that JC makes all of their juice in batches and it's quite plausible that I got a bad one. I will say this, though...I emailed them and they were MORTIFIED that I was unhappy with their liquid. They offered to replace it, free of charge to me...Basically, I ship back what's left and they send me another bottle when they recieve the unused portion.

Not a bad deal, really.

I've tried the original tobacco and puke is a bit harsh lol, but I wasn't impressed overall with my JC sampler. The only really quality juice IMO was the Tennessee cured. Good throat hit/Vapor and a fantastic taste. But when I really get settled down with this e-cig business I only plan to use 3-4 different juices regularly.

Hope you make more vids!

When I say "puke" what I mean is that is has a flavor that's reminiscent of the taste that's in the back of your throat after you rinse your mouth out after having a major chuck.

I've identified the flavor combination that's responsible, though. Today, after I was rested and could think a bit better I set about ttrying to figure it out and this is what I came up with...it's a very, VERY overbearing combination of orange and cherry with an acidic quality to it...The best way I could describe it was "puke".

I have discovered, though, that when I mix it with a couple drops of the camel liquid the harsh, citrusy, acidic bite goes away and it's actually quite tolerable...somewhat pleasant, even.

My review still stand because the stuff tastes horrible on its own but I'm going to keep the juice and use it as a mixer, methinks.

And, yes; I'll be making more vids. I'll do a review of every single liquid I get, no matter what flavor or where it I got it. All of my reviews will follow the same exact QC guidelines and I'll never be anything but honest.

Stay tuned ;)

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
To be fair, I have not found any "tobacco" flavors that I like. The closest I have found that is alright is Johnson Creek's Tennesse Cured. E-liquid taste is just so subjective--everyone's taste is so different!! Thanks for the review.--Sun

This statement I agree with 110%. I can only be as objective as possible on a very subjective field of play. What I don't like, others may. What I love, others may hate.

All I can hope is that my reviews help others to find products that they are able to enjoy and avoid products that are crap.

I'm going to take my smoke out tonight and let some of my friends try it...I have a bunch of people at my club that have hit my cig a bunch of times and are comfortable with the tech so I'll get some varying opinions and post them here tomorrow evening.

Maybe we'll find that it's just me.

What is the Tennessee cured like?

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Terraphon -- the Tennessee Cured is really hard to explain taste wise--it is not in the fruity flavors by any means, and it is no Marlboro by any means--but it has a smooth "tobacco somewhat??" like taste with a very good throat hit. I have been e-smoking for over 3 months now and have tried just about every brand of e-liquid and to this date can not find one that taste like true tobacco. I would ask Johnson Creek to send you a bottle of it to replace that bottle of Tobacco you received and give it a try. Sure wish I could find that "Marlboro" taste--but I do not think it is forthcoming....Thanks again for the Review--Sun

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Just an aside (or an addition to the review, as it is);

I've created a very simple device with which I can cook the liquid out of the e-juices and see what kinds of solids and nasties are left behind.

I'll be including these findings with each of my liquid reviews from this point on under the category : Residue (1= someone pooped in my cooker - 10= residue is clear and free from visible solids)

When I cooked off the JC liquid there was quite a bit left in the testing "chamber" in the form of a heavily viscous liquid, medium brown in color. There is some evidence of dissolved solids (almost certainly the ingredients they use to flavor the liquid) with no obvious particulate matter.

The JC liquid receives a 6. The residue was thick and somewhat dark with some evidence of dissolved solids and no evidence of particulate matter.

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
I found this stuff gross too, I found it tasted sickly sweet and didn`t resemble tobacco in any form (if it does wouldn`t like to smoke the cigarettes!) It tasted like sugary maple syrup to me but being fair other people might love it? This is also the only flavour so far my wife has commented on being able to strongly smell vapour off!

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I found this stuff gross too, I found it tasted sickly sweet and didn`t resemble tobacco in any form (if it does wouldn`t like to smoke the cigarettes!) It tasted like sugary maple syrup to me but being fair other people might love it? This is also the only flavour so far my wife has commented on being able to strongly smell vapour off!

I will agree, also, that the vapor has a VERY notable smell. It's got something in it that's producing that smell and that stuff is ending up in my lungs.

Not sure I'm happy with that.

RaverCJ

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Los Angeles
So, I just got my bottle of original tobacco from JC. I have to admit, I was a bit scared after seeing your review.

Fortunately though, I seem to have completely different tastes from other people on this thread. I have the Tennessee Cured, and I really like it, but it seemed to lack something (the flavor was sort of reminiscent of slightly burnt marshmallows for me). However, the original tobacco seems to do the trick for me. I'm actually vaping it right now, and I've gotta say, I actually love the stuff. I find it even better than the Tennessee Cured. It's true it doesn't taste anything like tobacco, but then again, I haven't yet encountered a juice that does. The taste is very satisfying for me though, even though it is a tad bit too subtle for my taste, and I seem to get a better throat hit/lung punch than my Tennessee Cured. I'm very satisfied with it. It's so odd how people's tastes can vary so much.

PS: I love the fact that JC is listing the ingredients on their bottles now.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Did you say the taste is a tad SUBTLE?

Excuse me, I need to pick myself up off of the floor.

You've apparently gotten something completely different than what I was sent (or your taster is busted) because there's nothing subtle about the stuff they mailed me. It's still got the nasty taste when I vape it straight but I've found that if I cut it with puresmoker's camel it lightens up quite a bit and is tolerable.

Without cutting, though, it's like someone stomped on the back of my throat with boots made of puke.

srsly.

RaverCJ

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Los Angeles
Maybe we got something completely different. I actually do like it. Doesn't really taste like puke to me, it just tastes...different. I really don't mind vaping it though. So you said you get that "stomp in the back of your throat." You mean it's harsh? I do find JC Org. Tobacco really dry. Other than that though, I like it, hehe.

RaverCJ

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Los Angeles
I don't think it has that puke taste but it is definitely too sweet, I don't care for it.

What is the closest to regular cigarettes like Marlboro?

I used to be a regular Marlboro Medium smoker, and I don't think there's anything even close to the Marlboro/analog taste. It's kinda depressing at first, but once you get used to all the other flavors out there, you won't really miss it anymore.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Maybe we got something completely different. I actually do like it. Doesn't really taste like puke to me, it just tastes...different. I really don't mind vaping it though. So you said you get that "stomp in the back of your throat." You mean it's harsh? I do find JC Org. Tobacco really dry. Other than that though, I like it, hehe.

only the flavor is harsh.

The throat hit is still a little on the light side.

RaverCJ

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Los Angeles
This is funny actually. So last night, I ate an almond cookie and tried vaping the JC orignal smoke juice, and I definitely could taste that puke taste you were talking about, haha. I rinsed my mouth out with water though, and then it went back to normal. Yeah, I do find the kick is lacking a bit, but for the moment it seems alright.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
This is funny actually. So last night, I ate an almond cookie and tried vaping the JC orignal smoke juice, and I definitely could taste that puke taste you were talking about, haha. I rinsed my mouth out with water though, and then it went back to normal. Yeah, I do find the kick is lacking a bit, but for the moment it seems alright.

Yep...It's like after you hurl and then you rise your mouth out but you still have that odd taste in the back of your throat.

That's what I taste...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread