Johnson Creek Red Oak Sampler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Shades

Feb 26, 2010
Redlands, CA
Website: Simple to understand. I was unable to figure out which products were the VG based. I chose VG because the two previous liquids I had tried were PG, and naturally, I figured I should try the VG. It was impossible to tell on the website (at first glance anyway) which one this was. Their "Contact Us" form was very simple to use. within 15 minutes (at 1pm PST) I had an e-mailed response sent to me clarifying that the Red Oak was the VG version. I really wanted to try their sampler at a nicotine level far below the 18mg, and I figured I could wait 15 minutes to find out if there was a lower nicotine version available. There was not, so 10 minutes later, my order was completed online, and I knew I would have sampler pack at my work within a week. Date of order, Wednesday evening.

Selection: It was a sampler pack. I really wish I could have gotten it in 6mg or at most 12mg. Why don't people make the sampler packs in 6mg? This is beginning to drive me crazy. Thank you so much for making your variety of flavors available to me in an affordable solution, but... I digress. I bough the most basic, for 13.95, none of the tweezers or added incentives. Looking back, I should have purchased those additional carts.

Shipping: I chose Priority mail. I operate a web-based business in Southern California. Anything that ships Priority mail is going to get anywhere in the United States, outside of christmas and April 13th to 15th, within 3 days. Thats how it works. Ordered Wednesday evening, processed and e-mailed to me Thursday, Delivered to my work at 11 this morning. Fantastic.

Initial Inspection of Product:
Amazing packaging. All I needed and expected was the liquids. I figured 6 bottles packaged in bubble wrap and maybe a sales invoice. They enclosed two business cards, a sales invoice with product literature on the back (This is very clever, I will probably employ this with my business as well), and a tin, with not only the 6 bottles, but 6 free eye droppers as well. Classy! Everything packaged very well and a little collectable bumper/window sticket for Johnson Creek. Very clever packaging.

I left my E-Cig at home, today, so I didn't get to enjoy them at work. I opened each of them up and gave them a smell. All smelled fantastic. "Domestic" had a strange sweetness to it like a coffee candy, and "Island" smelled like someone vomited a Piña Colada. I have been warned by many reviews not to add this to a cart that I enjoy, because it will permanently change the flavor of that cart.

First use of product: One of the eye droppers is broken and doesn't have suction at all. Thats fine, I'll use it for the islands one when I get to using it. I hope none of the other droppers are broken.

I tried Marcado first. It was described as a CLove flavor to me. I agree, it is sort of a clove flavor, but more like French Toast made with nutmeg and clove in addition to cinammon. This is a dessert like flavor, because it has a syrupy undertone to it. A true clove flavor would not use a syrup base, but instead have just the clove, cinammon and nutmeg carry itself. I like it. It is enjoyable. It is the first non-tobacco flavor I have tried.

Next in the arsenal, on a cart that has been used with "American" blend, and Tasty Vapor "tobacco" I try Wisconsin Frost. The smell of mint as I open the top is a little like toothpaste. I didn't get the chilly sensation my menthol cigarette hating self was actually looking forward to. 4 drops topped onto this previously used cart, and a few puffs... The same syrupy base with hints of a mint. Almost like children's toothpaste. There is definitely a syrup flavor present, and the mint has a bit of cinammon to it as well.

Summary: This is only the first two I've reviewed. I have a low nicotine tolerance, so I didn't want to puff too much on any of these until I had a rest both for my pallet and my head.

All in all, I am far more impressed by these flavors than i was with the tasty vapor tobacco. this VG really produces alot of vapor, its amazing, I had no idea the difference there would be.

I can't wait to try the domestic, and valencia. Those will be my next two I try. I hope they don't both also have that syrup base that the frost and marcado had. We'll see.

Nick Shades

Feb 26, 2010
Redlands, CA
I cleared through the sampler pack, and have only avoided Island still.

from the domestic, to the swiss dark, they all seem to taste the same to me. THey all have a syrupy undertaste to them, that just gives everything else its foundation. There is no way around it. It is not unpleasant, but it keeps everything from being truly raw in their flavors.

The Valencia the only flavor of the 5 I tried that stands on its own, but not very far away from the others.

It has an orange flavor to it, that is almost identical to that of a Starbuck's Mocha Valencia, warm. OR a traditional Mocha Fantasia. I am considering pairing the two next, the Valencia and the Swiss Dark, to enjoy a regular Mocha Valencia experience.

So here is a quick summary of each:

Domestic - Would be a tobacco-like taste, but the sugary sweetness of the syrup base is too prominent in it. It merely tastes like an unlit swisher sweet cigar, but no burn unless you over fill your cart.

Marcado - Identical to the Domestic, but add nutmeg/cinnamon flavor of gourmet french toast, and that is exactly what it is. thats it.

Wisconsin Frost - Take the syrupy base of the previous two, add a very mild halls Ice Blue flavor, and you've got Wisconsin frost.

Valencia - I probably like this one the most. I like this kind of orange flavor, but it is not exactly what I was interested in when I was getting the sampler pack. I wanted the domestic, marcado, and the frost. It turns out the one I was second least interested in might become my only regular semi-regular vape of the mix.

Swiss Dark - Thick liquid. I didn't get any real hint of Chocolate, so much as just a richer syrupy sweetness, and that was it. I will probably mix it with the valencia and have a sweet little dessert mix.

Island - I'm not touching this until its time to say good bye to a cart for goood. the smell of this OUTSIDE the bottle is sickening. I am staying well away from it as logn as possible.

Nick Shades

Feb 26, 2010
Redlands, CA
I should add some information regarding throat hit and vapor for these reviews. Luckily, all of the above follow the exact same results.

I also tried the Island finally. I think it is getting bad press.

Island: This is actually, not a bad vape at all. This is called Island, because it is a relaxation from a hot day. I challenge all owners of the sampler pack or a bottle of this brew to the following: Go out to your yard on a day over 90 degrees. Perform a tremendous hard days work, and while you're still sweating, and in need of a shower, I want you to sit down in the shade, grab a cold glass of lemonade, close your eyes, and vape the Island juice. YOu willl go places. This is a tremendously well developed vapor. This is by no means an every day vape, and I didn't even try it whole value. I just put a drop on my tasty vapor tobacco cart, and it rounded out so much flavor with just a tremendous tropical experience.

Again, i am going to stress, do not try this as a 100% vape. Dillute it with something neutral. Enjoy it on a hot day in the shade, and it is wonderfully relaxing.

Throat Hit: For all of these, I've never used an all VG blend before. I'm not even really that much experienced with the E-cig yet, but the throat hit on all of these, to me, is wild. they all sort of shock me. It could be that it is in an 18mg variety, but I my eyes open up the second I breathe it in.

Vapor: This Johnson Creek Red Oak produces TRMENDOUS vapor. to an unknowing individual, it languidly floats together like smoke around the room you are smoking in. It also changes the smell of the room you are in, tremendously. Especially the island flavor. My wife asked me why the kitchen smeleld like licorice (I think a major oil in the island is Anise or Fennel seed).

I'm very glad I purchased a sample pack, and I wish more vendors offered them. They are a tremendous idea, and I'm starting to understand the plethora of smoking options out there. I still haven't quit analogs, but .... we'll se what happens with time.

FandZ

Mar 13, 2010
US
I recently ordered the espresso, Swiss dark chocolate, and their original smoke juice. I didn't care for any of them. I also found their juices can really cling to an atomizer. Especially the espresso and the Swiss dark chocolate. Thankfully they are exchanging it for some other lighter flavors. Hopefully they will do better.

2 of my atties are ruined from the dark chocolate and espresso. Now they just taste horrible and I haven't found a way to flush that taste out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread