Johnson Creek Solstice Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1ke

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
North East USA
Battery - 650 mAh eGo at ~3.7 volts
Cartomizer - Bauway Standard at ~2.4 ohms ( with and without tank )

solstice_productphoto_2013.jpg

Johnson Creek Solstice

Container Quality - 10
The liquid comes in an amber glass bottle that is sealed with clear perforated plastic. It also includes a glass eye dropper and a plastic 4 mL ( I think ) mixing container. All caps are child-proof and each bottle was wrapped in bubble wrap. I was very impressed when I opened up this package.

Vapor - 9
It produces a very large amount of vapor and the body is dense. The viscosity of the liquid is slightly thicker than Rainier, which is probably why the body is so strong.

Flavor - 8.0
Solstice has a very sophisticated flavor in my opinion. All the flavors ( watermelon, honeydew, raspberry, and ice ) mingle pretty nicely. I would say ice ( slight mint ) and watermelon are the base flavor. There's hints and aftertastes of honeydew and raspberry. The ice flavor is a little overpowering though considering watermelon is listed as the base and ice is supposed to be the finishing touch.

Overall - 9
This is my second Johnson Creek liquid I've ever bought. Rainier was my first and I thought that would be my highest rated JC liquid ( 9 ) for a while, but in my book, Solstice is just as good. It has a sophisticated crisp flavor and produces a large amount of dense vapor. I think it would be perfect for hot weather and it's nowhere near too sweet to vape all day.

Last edited:

2corbies

Feb 26, 2013
Western NY
This was my first e-liquid, really, and its still one of my favorites. I bought it on a whim at a brick-and-moarter, along with my smoov starter kit. I didn't even really know about the whole PG/VG thing. Now, having tried a few cheaper PG based juices, I really appreciate JC's quality flavoring and the great vapor production. It's fruity without being too sweet, enough menthol to taste fresh without being overwhelming. I expect I'll like it even more once the weather's warmer!

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
Did you let yours steep at all? I just got mine maybe two days ago...I really can't taste anything other than menthol and some weird flavors...using a ego-t 3.3v with a kanger evod 1.8 ohm.

btw ego's are 3.3v, i don't know why everyone says it's 3.7, it says right on the joyetech site that it is 3.3v not 3.7. why does everyone say it is 3.7?

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
Did you let yours steep at all? I just got mine maybe two days ago...I really can't taste anything other than menthol and some weird flavors...using a ego-t 3.3v with a kanger evod 1.8 ohm.

btw ego's are 3.3v, i don't know why everyone says it's 3.7, it says right on the joyetech site that it is 3.3v not 3.7. why does everyone say it is 3.7?

Not exactly. Joye was the first major producer of the eGo style battery. Those are indeed 3.3v, and regulated to be so.

The term "eGo" no longer means it's specifically made by Joye. It's more the fact that it's a 510 fat battery stick. A cigar size, if you will, with a self contained all in one disposable battery system. Many brands now produce eGo's. The very popular Riva, and many others are 3.7v nominal. Like typical LiOn's they read 4.2v when fully charged, and then drop in voltage during the battery cycle. Joye eGo's are intended to hold from 3.3v at the start, to 3.3v at the end of the cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread