Status
Not open for further replies.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Hope you get well soon buzzzlove. My wife went in to get a kidney stone nuked on Wednesday and she's having some issues now, but nothing we can't handle for the time being. She does tend to woosy a bit but I get that and I can usually help her past that stuff. It's working so far :thumb:

Now when I get woosy she usually just uses a 2 x 4 on me, but I try my best to cut them down small enough to make them fairly painless when she decides I need to be whacked
JC_whack.gif

vape on my friend :)
Thanks Rye Im glad its the weekend so I can get some rest. Hows the twisted wire vaping?

Reactions: Ryedan

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Thanks Rye Im glad its the weekend so I can get some rest. Hows the twisted wire vaping?

I hear ya :)

The twisted wire is growing on me. It's a much better vape with fewer wraps. Spits like crazy sometimes, but that doesn't really bother me. I just cleaned it and it was pretty easy to gently dry burn it.

I should really put similar builds in the two MX'es, one Ti and one twisted K/Ni and vape them side by side. I think the flavor is a bit better with the twisted wire, but it's hard to tell once the original setup is gone. I think I will try 31 gauge Kanthal next time though and see how that goes.

Reactions: SissySpike

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Ordered a Vaporflask dna40 clone and a kanger subtank plus. Anybody got any experience with the ni200 coils and the temp control? Kinda wondering what I should expect and what temps to start at.
I built a .097 spaced coil in a Lemo 2. I used 7 wraps of Ni200 28g on 3mm. Yihi recommends a .065 and I think it would be better to get 26g for a suitable 7 or 8 wrap coil. Mine did work well set at 400 to 420 but I didn't get any better performance than kanthal except I did vape the Lemo completely dry without even a slight burned taste, just a dry clean wick. On the Vapor Shark I set it around 15w/400, on the SX I set it about 16j/400. I want to try to get closer to .065 with some 26g x 7 or 8 wraps.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ordered a Vaporflask dna40 clone and a kanger subtank plus. Anybody got any experience with the ni200 coils and the temp control? Kinda wondering what I should expect and what temps to start at.

I have the VF ver 3 clone with I believe the Kangxin board in it. I've been vaping it for a few weeks now and it's been good. I have had to change my temperature setting once or twice due to reduced vapor production and taste, but it went back to normal in an hour. I've had the same thing happen with a DNA40. I don't know yet if it's due to my builds or to the boards. I do my best to get good contact everywhere as a small resistance change will mess up your temperature calibration, but I'm not that experienced with it yet.

Ni is quite soft and is hard to clamp tight onto using post hole screws without cutting the wire so if I use Ni I clamp with screw heads. I've also tried folding the coil tails over and twisting the wire to make it tougher. That worked for me but it's a bit of a pain to do.

It's been a while since I last used Ni but I used 28 gauge and I think I aimed for 0.12 ohms, so 7-8 wraps spaced on a 3.5mm pin, temp set to around 440 in a Zenith RDA. It vaped very well but after that I switched to titanium wire and my last build was Kanthal + Ni twisted. All these work well and I have no idea yet which I like best. The downside to not using anything other than Ni is you lose your temperature calibration

With Ni I've set between 410 - 480. With Ti and K/Ni I find around 330 is about equal to 420 with Ni. Cotton starts to singe at around 410 I think but that's when it's dry and it never becomes totally dry again once you put some juice on it.

Good luck with it and let us know how you like it.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I use Ti I run it at 350 so far just in a drippier. I need to throw it in a tank where it makes more seance.
Thanks guys. They emailed me friday and said that the expedited shipping would require another $30 because ups charges them a "remote address delivery fee." Ya. Ok. I said just ship it normal and refund the extra $15 I paid. Lol
geeze and most likely USPS would of deliverd it UPS would of payed them 5$ and kept the other 25

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
played with my Marque today and I settled in on a .6 ohm single coil 24 gauge 7 wrap rather ugly micro coil.
getPart.jpg
very awesome flavor! I tried 30 and 28 gauge single and dual coils and nc and contact coils for me this was the best hands down.

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Baker, MT
I use Ti I run it at 350 so far just in a drippier. I need to throw it in a tank where it makes more seance.

geeze and most likely USPS would of deliverd it UPS would of payed them 5$ and kept the other 25
Yep. And I already paid an extra $15 to have it shipped ups so that it would get here quicker. $45 for shipping.... that woulda been half what my order was. Eff that. Lol

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Silly hu? When ever you here the gooberment down talking the USPS and privatizing thats what it will be if your out o the way you will have to get your own mail. Also a big misinformation they threw out there is the internet is breaking the USPS when in fact its helping because everyone uses USPS for their internet orders.

Plus FED EX and UPS do not guarantee their Overnight delivery's for 50$ The USPS dose money back for 25$ So as much as we gripe about the USPS Its the best system out there.

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Baker, MT
Silly hu? When ever you here the gooberment down talking the USPS and privatizing thats what it will be if your out o the way you will have to get your own mail. Also a big misinformation they threw out there is the internet is breaking the USPS when in fact its helping because everyone uses USPS for their internet orders.

Plus FED EX and UPS do not guarantee their Overnight delivery's for 50$ The USPS dose money back for 25$ So as much as we gripe about the USPS Its the best system out there.
Ya. And it's fairly reliable too. Granted I did just have a package go one town past me and then come back, but that's the first time that's happened to me here. Lol

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Ya. And it's fairly reliable too. Granted I did just have a package go one town past me and then come back, but that's the first time that's happened to me here. Lol
I went to a Labor rally in OH a few years back and the post master general was one of the speakers it boild down to the Bush Administration tried to break the USPS with some crazy retired benefits savings legislation that was almost impossible to meet. But they fooled then and did it! This was nothing more than union busting and a way for them to get more rich off of the USPS failing and getting in on the privatizing.
The more I know about our gooberment the more I distrust them.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I got my Cthulhu today but not my IPV 4 now I gotta wait till next week. My first attempt at setting it up would of made Noah proud!
I then with out rewicking stuffed just a hint of cotton in the juice channels and now it wicks Max VG with no issues Im even seeing bubbles. I threw in a set of 24 gauge 5 wrap contact coils wrapped on a 2mm screw driver I ended up at .19 while it works its to hot of a build for a tank when this tank is gone Im gonna recoil it with some 28 and get .5 or 6 with some 40/60 juice.

So far Im liking the tank no modifications needed as far as I can tell. I wish my Lemo 2 top fill was in this tank Then It would be perfect!

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
OK I rebuilt the Ct last night with 28 gauge dual coils 2mm screw driver No Contact coils. Its way way better flavor vapor is respectable. I hate to say it but I prefer to use the bottom fill I can fill it all the way to the top and no flooding. I might see if I can fool around and make a Lemo 2 top work on this tank. Well Id have to get one of each again cause I dont want to do with out either of them!
The bottom of mine at the air flow adjusts just fine

Reactions: Ryedan

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
hi guys,

Buzz glad you found a build you like on the marquis, I really like mine, tho I do need to get some better o-rings for it as I am having some minor leaking around the base.

Don't worry if I am not real talkative for a bit tho I am here.
To be honest since I got the Cthulhu going its all Ive been vaping lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread