Joye 306, 510, EGO, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odyssey in Atrophy

Oct 18, 2010
New York
I tried posting this in the Joye 306 model specific forum, but no one can seem to offer any advice. So I'll ask the pros.

I'm about to purchase my first 306 model. I understand this is compatible with the parts from the 510. This is my first time using an exposed atty. I'll probably dip/drip at home, but when I'm at work, I'd like to use the carts.

Is there anything special I should know about using an exposed atty? Also, what is the difference between a low resistance atty and a regular atty? I see LR atty's mentioned a lot on this site, but I cannot find an explanation.

One last thing: I sometimes see carts that have a thin mouthpiece, as opposed to a regular, round mouthpiece. I like the thin mouthpiece design, but I only see one for the joye EGO. Is this compatible with a 306 battery? Is the thin mouthpiece called something specific? Any benefits associated with that? Or is it simply a design choice.

Thank you,
Odyssey

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Is there anything special I should know about using an exposed atty? Also, what is the difference between a low resistance atty and a regular atty? I see LR atty's mentioned a lot on this site, but I cannot find an explanation.

One last thing: I sometimes see carts that have a thin mouthpiece, as opposed to a regular, round mouthpiece. I like the thin mouthpiece design, but I only see one for the joye EGO. Is this compatible with a 306 battery? Is the thin mouthpiece called something specific? Any benefits associated with that? Or is it simply a design choice.

Thank you,
Odyssey

Of course with the exposed atty on the 306 you have to be careful not to burn yourself when filling the cart.

The low resistance atomizers have a lower ohm rating and hence burn hotter - good for strong ejuices like tobacco, coffee, not so good for fruit and berry flavors. Of course the lower ohms creates more wattage and therefore more vapor. LR attys are in the range of 1.5 to 2.0 ohms in the 306/510 models.

The thin mouthpiece is called a flat tip or 'whistle tip' and the Joye eGo tip wouldn't be compatible with the 306 cart. The 'benefits' from the flat tip is some people think they get a better seal and some women have mentioned the 'less wrinkles' factor. The other alternative for dripping is to get a drip tip with the 306 - available at various vendors but I've gotten some from cloudsofvapor.com as well as eastmall.com.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I would second Kent's idea of getting a drip tip. I have been using the lr306 joye attys and the ones that cisco does for nhaler and they are fantastic. I also got a drip tip that I use with them. I can easily drip 3-4 drops at a time with no leakage on the ones I have been using. I have gotten the best performance with these on my SD with AW imr 3.7v batteries. I have tried other batteries with them but the AW's are top notch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread