Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief-A-Lot

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Spring, TX
www.springvapor.com
Do I really have to keep it charging for 8 hours on the first charge? I really want to try this thing! :p

Hey Proto, I just got my 510 too! I got it from IV. They sent me a like flyer saying they precharged them so you dont have to wait to smoke it! Was nice of them... Anywho, your not going to be dissapointed! From 901 to a 510... its very nice! Much like you seen and heard tonz of vapor (comparing it to my 901 of course). I do find that the ECOpure (which I believe is VG, and its my first vape with it) not to have as much of a throat hit as my other juice (Which is PG). Im loving it so far! I did decide to put my batts for a full charge. Ones in my PCC and the other on the reg charger.

Best of luck with your new 510 and happy vaping!!:D

framitz

Moved On
May 24, 2009
RSM, CA
Do I really have to keep it charging for 8 hours on the first charge? I really want to try this thing! :p
No, the 8 hours is BS, once the light goes from red to green it's good to go. Others may say you have to go 8 hours, but when I TESTED a charger/battery the current went to zero when the light changed to green so I see no reason to leave it connected beyond that.

Marlin1984

Aug 12, 2009
I think suppliers rcommend this just to cover ther hinnies..

I have not noticed any difference! IMHO

Yep, when your battery stops holding a good charge after 100-150 cycles (instead of the 200 or 300 most sellers claim). they'll try and tell you it's because you didn't let it sit idle in the charger for 8 hours :rolleyes:

And Bandit, can arguing with Spikey get me whipped? Or is that just a deal she has with you? I just might like to argue with her.. :D

Marlin1984

Aug 12, 2009
Hmm, don't mean to double post, but I can't find an 'edit' option to add this to my last post-

I just opened my 510 and was looking for the same info as the OP. I'm going to let one bat charge until I leave work.. about 3 hours. Then I'll use that tonight to try it out, and charge the other overnight. I'll follow directions as far as I can without it being too much a bother.

I'm only a casual smoker, so my being anxious is just because it's a new toy, not out of need for the nicotine. I enjoy hookah, and often a menthol cig when drinking, but absolutely hate the smell afterward. I also want to try to get some of my heavy smoking friends off their analogs, and figure getting some strong juice and letting them try this might help them make the first step away from their addiction.

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
Yep - doesn't matter. I tried charging 12 hours compared with 4 and it still has the same life...
No, the 8 hours is BS, once the light goes from red to green it's good to go. Others may say you have to go 8 hours, but when I TESTED a charger/battery the current went to zero when the light changed to green so I see no reason to leave it connected beyond that.

Rose99

Mar 21, 2009
I see no reason to charge a new battery for 8 hours. I found this info about Lithium batteries.

Lithium-ion is a very clean system and does not need priming as nickel-based batteries do. The 1st charge is no different to the 5th or the 50th charge. Stickers instructing to charge the battery for 8 hours or more for the first time may be a leftover from the nickel battery days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread