Joye 510 High Powered Pass Through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my order from Myvaporstore.com that contained a Joye 510 High Powered Passthrough and want to say this thing is awesome. It is composed of actually two parts, A manual 901 passthrough combined with a 510 Adapter. I have been using it at work plugged into the work computer with no issues at all. I have been using it with a 510 hard cartomizer filled with Vapor Kings RY4 (My new all day vape) and it is working fantastic. great vapor and a nice warm throat hit. I have one of the PT's with a battery and it just didn't give enough ommph to the cartomizers to get them to work very well. It works okay but this combo is the bomb. If you have 16 bucks laying around I would definatly give this little combo a try. :thumbs:

Scorched

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Wow there seems to be people from Colorado popping up all over the forum latley. I'm surprised I have not seen anyone else vaping in public aside from myself.

Back on topic; What is the main difference between the 901 and 510 pass through? I have been looking into getting one as soon as the money comes along. I only have 510 atomizers.

I would assume it runs around 5v but I don't know. Can you fill me in?

Elokin6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Miami
Warrior, I would also like to know about the voltage. Is this a standard 901 passthrough or is it special in some way?

OT: Scorched, there are a ton of us around. I've seen several people on campus and at concerts PVs . A lot of the bars around here are vape friendly too. I've yet to have a single problem vaping in a bar, restaurant, or club *knocks on wood*. There's a thread for Denver vapers somewhere in the US forum. :)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
IMHO it's just marketing and hype nothing else.

It should have been listed as a "direct" PT because that is all it is, in comparison with the JoyE PT with an in line battery. In this aprticular case, your PT is running off the battery and not the USB port. The USB port is merely charging the battery. The PT will not work with a dead battery, until such a time that the battery is partially charged.

PTs were designed to save on batteries, nothing else. It only makes sense to use a PT while at your PC, saving your batteries when removed from the PC, and although PCs have 5 volts available at the port, they don't have the power e.g the amperage is only 500mA or 0.5 Amps.

You wan't 5V get a wall adapter, capable of producing 5V and 2 amps or 2000mA (yes that is right 2000, most outputs are rated in mA). These sell for $2-10.

All JoyE devices run at 3.1V due to the onboard PCB. What does that mean. It means a constant 3.1V power available to the atty during the battery cycle. You will not see a gradual decrease in production. It is either producing or not. On other devices, the user can see and sense a decrease in production over the battery cycle from charged to discharged.

Before I would make a purchase of such a device, I would ask for some specs, all the specs.

Most USB ports do not put out the amperage to fire these at high volts, regardless.

Furthermore, I would like to have a protection circuit between my device and my USB port, wouldn't you?

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
These from MadVapes work great:
5 Volt 510 Manual USB Passthrough

There are a lot of manual direct 5v PTs that will work with an adapter. These are made for 510's. They also have a protection circuit (the direct one's don't) to keep you from frying your mobo. I'd still get a wall adapter though, some computers can't keep up with the amp draw.

skeetr

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Roseville,ca
I use regular attys on my 5v passthru. I am considering getting some 4.5ohm attys just for the sake of durability. If you don't keep the atty relatively wet it will be toast in a few days. Do not ever dryburn on this device use a 3.7 power supply if you must. I'm with switched on not using your pc usb port for vaping. With a 901 on these passthru's they will work fine @ 1A but the 510 is gonna need 1.5-2A to really shine and in some cases work at all. Definitely an inexpensive way to get at some good vapes. Just be cautious and keep it wet.

I forgot to mention you also have to get used to just taking a 2-3 second pull to get a nice hit instead of the usual 5+. If you take a long drag be sure to toggle the button to avoid any burnt taste.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread