Joye 510 Manual USB Passthrough from VaporKings.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddarklighter

Oct 19, 2010
Texas, USA
Background Information

This is my first-ever Personal Vaporizer / e-Cigarette review, and is in fact my first experience with vaping as a smoking alternative.

Vendor Link

Joye 510 manual pushbutton USB passthrough cable - matte black with NO LED

First Impressions

Okay, so the very first observation that I have with this device is the literal plug-and-play functionality. I unboxed, inserted the rechargeable 1CR10440P 360mAh, and plugged in the device to my perma-attached USB extension. Most of the reviews that I saw for USB Passthroughs mentioned the short cable that invariably comes with it, and this was no different. However, since you can literally unplug the cable and wander around still vaping, I don't much mind the short cable.

Standard 510 Atomizers

Similar vapor and flavor to my 510 batts, but without the cutoff time - really comes in handy for those lighter flavors that the batts don't quite reach.

Form and Function

The device looks exactly like a manual 510 battery - excepting of course the wire coming out of it's rear-end. This is the Vapor Kings branded model. The VK symbol is very stylish and simple, and fairly lightweight, although of course heavy compared to an analog cigarette. The button is pretty comfortable, but you do have to push down moderately hard to activate it properly, and it is easy to push it at a slight angle, which does not cause it to fire. Not a problem necessarily, just something that I will need to get used to. I have already unplugged the device and wandered around the house with it for a short period of time. I definitely would not want to take it to the grocery store, but I would have no problem using it in the car on the way, especially since I already have a USB Car adapter that I can use to provide power to it.

Final Thoughts / Wrapup

Overall, I am very impressed so far with this device. I work from home, so having something easily accessible like this is definitely desirable. The Passthrough uses a 3.7 battery, so I presume that the 5v USB is being stepped down, but I will check this using a multimeter shortly and add to this review. The Joye 510 USB Passthrough delivers on every promise made by the Vapor Kings website - I am a little disappointed using a low-res atomizer with it, but perhaps once it is a little more broken in, it will perform better. This has been my first-ever PV review! Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread