Joye 510 or Vapor king?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooz107

Mar 17, 2010
Oak Forest, IL
Hi everybody.
I posted a few days ago about if I should be a Joye 510 for my first device. The response was awesome. Thank you so much for all your help.
I have another question for everyone. I have just found out about the vapor king. Or the KR808 I think it is. Which does everyone like and why? I know its not the same device but I'm not sure which is a better one. Some people swear by one and some by the other. Some have both. It would be great if someone who had both could help me with the pros and the cons of both but I was just wondering.
Which one do you prefer and why?

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
I wouldn't go for the KR8, especially as a beginner. Check those pics: Burned filling IIIIIIIVV and then check this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/kr808d-1/75215-all-my-used-cartos-toast.html

Even those saying it's a great device say that as a beginner, you can miss the taste that allegedly warns you of the burning filling. (Those who think this thing needs to get safer point out that many had burned filling and no warning at all.)

So, as nice as the idea of a 2-parter is, at the very least not the KR8 for beginners. Greencig cartos don't burn up, AFAIK, different filling. All two-parters have noticeably less vapour than a 510, though. I'd stick with the 510, if I were you.

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
You can listen to the paranoia police, or you can get a model which just simply works.

Sorry, but as a newbie, if you want to wander around work, home and town having to drip, refill and deal with all sorts of "cart mod" nonsense, go for it.

Or you can use a Kr808.

Your choice.

Garblesnarf

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
USA
KR808

Pros
-Convenient
-Flavorful
-Relatively Cheap (if you refill)

Cons
-Filler can burn when overheated, empty

Pros
-Lots of Modifications Available

Cons
-May leak
-3 Piece unit
-Expensive Atomizers (in comparison)

I wouldn't say the KR808 has less vapor production. There are a lot of factors there with the VG/PG juice mix and whatnot. So it's subjective, but so is flavor.

Dooz107

Mar 17, 2010
Oak Forest, IL
I have been hearing about the filler burning. I talked to another member who started on the vapor king and she said she burned the first five carts she ever owned. But I'm sure that comes with practice.
Unless I decide to change my mind, all I really want to do is carts. No dripping. I just want to fill my carts, put them in my case and leave. The vapor king seems like it would be better for this.
I like both devices a lot. But being as poor as I am I can really only get one right now. I plan on having both one day and then I can decide a favorite or move to something else.
I just want something that is easy to use and will be reliable. Vapor production is not my main concern because I don't see too much difference between the two. But everyones pull is going to be different. I'm more concerned with flavor over vapor.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Read that thread, or tons of others - it does not just happen to newbies, and not just with empty, overheated cartos.

And Garblesnarf: It's a 510, not a 501, 3-piece is not a disadvantage as such, and the atties are not more expensive, since they last considerably longer than cartos. At best, cartos are just as expensive, but if the dozen refills that was long called "a good number of refills for a carto" still stand, the cartos are definitively more expensive.

And a KR8 has less vapour than a 510.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
the KR8 does have less vapor production than the 510...that's a FACT...Ohm's law supports that and you really can't argue against the math...

I have both.. I prefer the 510..and suggest it more than the other..but it depends on you and what you want..
To me the 510 delivers the vapor production, flavor, and throat hit that I want..it's what got me off analogs..the KR8 would never have done that for me..

I find the 510 is no more difficult than the KR8 with 1 basic and easy cart modification (replacing the cart filler with anything more efficient, I choose blue foam because it's easy and doesnt burn)..

the real pros and con as I see them.. KR8 has better battery life than the 510...the 510 starter kit is cheaper... 510 is all around cheaper... for tobacco flavors 510 is better on flavor, for fruit flavors the KR8 takes it, for menthol it's a draw (because menthol masks everything)..

That said my personal preference is for an eGo which is a more expensive 510 (510 on steroids) model but it eliminates the battery issues (7-10 hours on a battery of heavy vaping) and carries a 6mo warranty...
Let me put it this way..I'm giving away all my KR8 stuff except for a couple of cartomizers I use at 6V and on an adapter on an eGo when I'm at work (at heights)

Trish342

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Mansfield Tx
I have both...I prefer the 808...Just so much easier. I started with the 510, It got me off cigs. Then I found vapor4Life. They are the BEST company to order from. They have wonderful flavors, great colors in batteries and the BEST customer service. I will stay right where I am now....Very happy.:D With all that said.....good luck to you and what you choose.

DerekPGH

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I wake up every morning, fill 3 510 carts, throw one on the device, the other 2 in the PCC, throw a battery in the pcc, and head out the door. only mod i use is i the blue foam. just as a plug, no putting a spring in it or a straw or anything. lasts me most of the day, i'll bring a bottle of juice with me too just to top them off every once in a while if needed. i got 25 starter kits that i've been selling to friends and stuff, they all love the 510 too.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hi everybody.
I posted a few days ago about if I should be a Joye 510 for my first device. The response was awesome. Thank you so much for all your help.
I have another question for everyone. I have just found out about the vapor king. Or the KR808 I think it is. Which does everyone like and why? I know its not the same device but I'm not sure which is a better one. Some people swear by one and some by the other. Some have both. It would be great if someone who had both could help me with the pros and the cons of both but I was just wondering.
Which one do you prefer and why?

Get the Joye 510 kit from cignot - less expensive than the KR8 starter kit by about 1/2. Then get an adapter that allows you to try cartomizers with your 510. If you like them, then consider adding a KR8 battery. If not, then all you're out is the adapter.

AltSmoke | Personal Vaporizers - Ecigs Battery Adapters - Adapters - PV Parts - Products

Choose 510 as the 'battery' and 901/KR808 for the atomizer.

Except for the atomizers I killed (3), I haven't lost an atty in 9 months from 'old age'. And I spent quite a bit on cartomizers trying to find some that gave enough vapor and flavor. My conclusion was to just buy blank cartomizers and fill them with the ejuice that I like - it's a lot less costly and the vapor and flavor is better than any of the prefilled ones. IF you go that way, stop vaping a cartomizer as soon as you sense a loss of flavor or you will burn them up and they will be no good to you after that.

As far as the comments on mess and fuss and leaking with the 510 that's simply not the case. Here's just a few videos (there's other ways) on how to refill each...

YouTube - modded green cig cart

Click on link:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tomizer-condom-filling-method-taryn-spin.html

YouTube - How to refill Joye 510 Cartridge by ecigexpress.com

I am a fairly new vaper, I have both the 510 and the Vk. They both have their Pros and cons.

I had one Vk Carto burn up on me and it is a nasty taste believe me. Im also sure that is not something you would want to inhale. With that said I use My Vk for when I cant or want to drip/constantly refill for me it is the perfect driving PV. But when I am at home or when I am going to for a smoke break at work I always grab my 510.

So here are my personal views about both:

VK:
Easy to use
Refill can be tricky at first
Have to watch for sings of drying if in doubt just top them off a bit.
VK = Great Service

The king of vapor no pu intended.
If you drip then this is the way to go.
Leaks happen but is a matter of time and there is a significan learning curve
Lots of Mods and new ways to Vape

If you are going to try the VK then i would make sure you get the remium Cartos. They are a lot better than the old cartos. They both are Great PV's but one thing is for sure i keep coming back to my 510.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
I just got my 510 (first e-cig) yesterday so I'm surely not as knowledgeable as many of the others in the forum BUT I have been lurking about obsessively reading anything and everything I can about these awesome devices and here's my sage advice: flip a coin! The reviews are about equal for both of them but the longer you wait the more analogs you smoke and everybody (even the FDA) agrees that they are killing you. PLUS my lurking about has also shown that the first one you buy, whether you love it, like it a lot, or downright hate it will in all likelihood not be your only chosen model for life and you are going to end up with both of them at some point anyway and when that time comes you can decide for yourself which one is better. At least you can start the ball rolling today by placing that order. (p.s. I used to carry around a pack or two and a lighter or two everywhere I went- now I carry the 510 and some juice, and maybe a spare battery-drippings really not that big of a deal)

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
I bought the 510 mega batt, 306a atomizer a 6$ adapter and have been alternating between the itsy bitsy carts, dripping and using the KR808 cartomizer. Wish the cartomizer had the convenience promised but seems i have to refill pretty often and it does get burnt flavor pretty quckly ( i tore one up but the burn fill wasn't notable but it still tasted bad. I'm still on the quest for my personal solution but i'd suggest a mega battery with a few $6 adapters will let you sample various solutions and see what works.

the clean flavor of the small carts with separate atomizers sets a high standard. But want that clarity without the hassles or the burnt fibers...mmmh time to look at mods i guess.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
I've never quite gotten the problem with refilling standard 510s. We used to light up an analog every 10 minutes, when we were chain smoking, and refilling my 510 takes about as much time as getting an analog out, getting a lighter out, lighting up, putting away analogs and lighter. Only I have to do it like every hour or so, chain vaping, not every 10 minutes.

Similarly, yes, carts are improvable (hope the Tesla will improve that soon) but preparing a new carto with straw+Fluval takes less than a minute, merely changing the Fluval every week or so even less. I spend a lot more time per week merely emptying and cleaning my ashtrays, for example.

I even doubt you safe much time with a carto – you have to open them up, which took me a bit, and particularly, you have to refill them extra slowly (or so I was told) or do spins and whatnot. Can't safe much time, if any.
They are more convenient on the go, of course (but even on the go, I'd like to avoid certain things), but the 510 (or any 3-parter) is by no means as uncomfortable as often implied.

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
I have a 510 kit, and I got a 510-to-808 adapter for $4 to try cartomizers as well. I find the 808 cartos to be very weak compared to the 510 atomizer. You have to give it a couple seconds to heat up before you can start inhaling, and even then you must inhale slowly to get any kind of a hit off of it. I can see their high juice capacity being useful for a long road trip where swapping 510 carts every couple hours would be annoying. But other than that, I'd much prefer the vastly superior vapor production of the 510 even with having to swap out the carts more frequently.

Last edited:

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I have both models... and as "born" suggested... my ego/510 isn't really practical for toting around or quick fixes... some folks don't mind this... but It doesn't work for me on the fly... and I vape on the fly a lot!

I woke up a few moments ago, made my coffee and wandered downstairs... I have about 20 minutes before I hit the shower and start my 13-14 hour day at work...
I am so thankful that all I had to do was screw on a cart and start vaping...
In the rare case that I overvape and burn the filler, I'll just screw another on...

I'll conceal my VK in my vest pocket and steal a vape here and there...
Can't do that with the other so easily...

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Hmm ... my 510s are right here, ready to vape, I just have to grab them. (And refill occasionally.) Never found they somehow are less available just because I hadn't had breakfast yet.
And they fit into my pocket exactly as well as a KR8, so how is stealing a vape from a KR8 somehow easier than from a 510?

Merely trying to understand what the problem is supposed to be :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread