Status
Not open for further replies.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Just got my Joye Stick V3 from Heaven-Gifts today (ordered 1/1/2010). This is the OEM version of the new Jantystick V3. All I've done so far is take a few pics and play with it a bit but I thought some of you might find this informative:

This unit came with the black rubberized finish, which I like a lot better than the older "slick" finish on the V2. The V3 is a bit shorter then the V2, and both holes on the top have been enlarged slightly - making both battery and atty insertion and removal a LOT easier. I had no trouble at all installing a protected UltraFire 500mAh 10440 battery, which was a tight fit on my older V2. Likewise I was able to install a stock 801 atty without any problems whatsoever (the atty also sticks out farther in the V3 - making it easier to grip). Sadly, they kept the old-style battery cover - which now has an even narrower slot, so you'll still find a pocket screwdriver (or a guitar pick) handy for battery changes. Like the V2, the V3 has a usb port for charging. It's still located on the side of the unit, but it's been rotated 90 degrees.

A lot has been mentioned about the "improved" button on the V3. Externally it feels more like a "real" button and that's a good thing, but I've noticed that's it's still possible to push it without activating the unit, so you'll still need to watch for the light at the bottom (which is now white) to make sure the atty is firing. Overall though, it's seems a good improvement and should prove to be more robust than the old switch.

The pictures below show a side by side with the Joye Stick V2 with 901 adapters installed, as well as the supplied atty/mouthpiece. The last pic is an overall of the gift box/packaging. My V3 came with (2) 320mAh 10440 batteries, (1) atty, (5) assorted MLB cartridges, AC battery charger and usb cable.

V3_1.jpg

V3_2.jpg

V3_3.jpg

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I ordered mine on the same day as you but the tracking says it still didn't even reach customs :(

Hopefully I'll get it this week :)

Is that the janty logo on the button?

I wasn't expecting my order either... it just showed up. :)

Not sure if that's their logo, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread