Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I purchased Joyetech ProC BFL (.06ohm) coils for the Cubis 2 atty and no matter what I do I get a dry hit and waste a coil. I'm starting to think I'll have to retire this tank. I hope the coils fit my vaporesso or baby beast so it's not a total waste.
So my question is what am I doing wrong? I prime the coils, even let the last one sit overnight. I pull without firing, I'm lost. I have another CuBox on order and would like to figure it out before that arrives. Also if I can't figure it out will these coils fit the other tanks I mentioned? I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
According to my math - A fully charged Cubox at 4.2V hitting a .6 ohm BFL coil puts it around 29W. The coil is rated 15-28W. Probably toast city for a fresh coil.

If you have a different regulated device you could start low at 15W or less even, to break in the coil and slowly get to your equivalent Cubox wattage.

HTH and GL

Blueair

Nov 27, 2015
Norway
I purchased Joyetech ProC BFL (.06ohm) coils for the Cubis 2 atty and no matter what I do I get a dry hit and waste a coil. I'm starting to think I'll have to retire this tank. I hope the coils fit my vaporesso or baby beast so it's not a total waste.
So my question is what am I doing wrong? I prime the coils, even let the last one sit overnight. I pull without firing, I'm lost. I have another CuBox on order and would like to figure it out before that arrives. Also if I can't figure it out will these coils fit the other tanks I mentioned? I'd appreciate any help you can give me.
I have a Joyetech proC and also had problems but on the other side it woulden"t fire up.
I tought about if you have seen that you can open the coil hole for how much e-juice the cioil will take inn maybe is the hole shute down, if not I have no clue more then just fire down to maybe 15watt 0.6 ohm and go up to 22 watt it should do it.
Have a fine vapeday from Blueair

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You could have gotten a bad batch of coils, it happens. Also (IMHO regardless of) the type of setup you have, some coils just seem to do better with thinner or thicker juice. You could experiment with that.

Some tanks just don't seem to have enough airflow for their coils. If this atty is a lost cause (to you) you could try drilling out a few more larger airholes, if that looks at all achievable. That may make a difference. I have also found various styles of driptips to make a surprisingly more difference than I would have thought but they absolutely do.

If you are hating the tank (and the coils and everything) well, you could make this your first "experiment" tank, and have fun trying to bend it to your will and etc. LOL. Good luck, I did that with an AIO kit I won that I just found the vape HORRENDOUS. Spending a few days "fixing it" and it was fixed wattage, so all I had to work with were air flow and drip tip, well it taught me MUCH about tanks and tank design that I did not know, prior to that fateful win. I bent it to my will, felt victorious, and seriously it's not a bad vape at 30 watts for someone who NEVER vapes 30 watts. LOL.

Anna

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
The pro on this vape was the price. The con is the wattage is fixed. I put the tank on my vaporesso and slowly raised the wattage. Then switched it back to the CuBox. It's working fine now. Guess I'll either have to do this every time I change a coil or change tanks. I might do as Anna suggests and experiment with it.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
The pro on this vape was the price. The con is the wattage is fixed. I put the tank on my vaporesso and slowly raised the wattage. Then switched it back to the CuBox. It's working fine now. Guess I'll either have to do this every time I change a coil or change tanks. I might do as Anna suggests and experiment with it.
ISTR that the CuAIO (pen) could work in constant-voltage mode by turning it off and long-pressing the fire button until the LED turned orange. If it turns white, it's in bypass mode, which will hit the coils with >4V when fully charged. (Each long press switches the mode).

Not sure if your version has that feature, but it might be worth checking - I think the orange/CV mode was a bit kinder.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I have a few Cubis tanks and every now and again I will get a dry hit that feels like breathing Fire and destroyed what juice is left in the tank, making a full Cleanout required before swapping coils. I haven’t used them in a couple years now. It was odd, coils were not from the same pack, or batch considering I ordered from different websites.. It just got me enough times to give up on the Cubis, Coils were not that great to start with but I made them work..

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
20181007_084021c.jpg
20181007_084021c.jpg
20181007_084021c.jpg
Throw this thing away. Spit hot juice on my lips and melted bottom of the mouthpiece. It's erupted like volcano. Notch coil, btw. Brand new.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread