Joyetech Delta vs Kangertech Aerotank Mega vs Aspire Nautilus

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleggjm

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
san marcos, texas
I have 5 of the aspire nautilus tanks full size. I love them. They work amazing I don't want another at all. I have not had any problems that others post. I bought mine at 15.95 but the are not 19.99 at myfreedomvapes.com. it is still worth it 100%. Also you can use the new bvc coils which I have not tried yet but will when I use all the coils they gave me.

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
No experience with Joyetech tanks or Nautilus, but I have been using Aerotanks (v1 and v2) for a few months now. I find the vape on the Aerotanks to be great when they're working and you'll find several positive reviews of them on youtube.

Here is one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6VbZwFcgCo

Mine have not been without issues, but I don't think you'll find any tank that someone on this forum hasn't had some problems with. I wouldn't let the sporadic issues dissuade you too much. Both the Nautilus and the Aerotank have loyal followings that swear by them.

AshMPWrites

Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Chicago, IL
I also use a Nautilus and I love it. My husband uses a Aerotank as well as a Nautilus Mini -- he likes them both equally, but when he was given a choice between another Aero or the Nautilus, he went Nautilus.

For me, I couldn't be happier with my choice as a new 'vaper.' I may the odd ball out, but I appreciate the aesthetics of it, having that vintage, early 1900's apothecary vibe is inline with my style. All the pretty stuff aside, the functionality is awesome. I am using the new coils and they are incredible, but the standard kit-included coils were great as well (two different ohms). I get a great vape from both, nice and warm and very smooth. I like the airflow holes as well, and the way it locks is pretty point-and-click simple.

I've only had one crisis when I accidentally pushed the pin in on the bottom. Oops. But that's user error. Just be aware if you get it to set it down in such a way that you'll avoid pushing that pin.

The only down fall is the glass (this hasn't been my experience -- knock on wood -- but I've heard it said a enough times that it warrants a mention). It's strong, I believe it's pyrex, but regardless, it's very unprotected and you have the soft round edges where glass naturally thinner anyway. If you're tossing your set-up in your purse or pocket while on the go, you could break it. I'm getting the "cage" for added security, but if that's not for you Aspire offers several options for replacements if it breaks or if you just don't want to the run the risk -- solid stainless, the cage, plain replacement glass... All of which are super affordable.

What a fun decision to have! Let us know what you end up with and how you like it!

riyono

Aug 25, 2014
Palembang, Indonesia

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota
riyono, go with the Aerotank Mega. I have the Delta as you do and it's my go-to tank. I have had absolutely no trouble with it, unlike the Nautilus. With the Nautilus, I have had issues again and again. It's a nice tank if you have the new BVC's. But it still floods and gurgles a lot. The Delta has never done any of that.

As far as the Kanger Aerotank series goes, I have the Mini, Mega, Giant and the new Genitank Mega. Both of the Mega's work great. The Giant is just too big (wide) and I've had a lot of flooding/gurgling issues with it as well.

To surmise, get either the Aerotank Mega or Genitank Mega to go with your Delta.

I'm totally at a loss as to why the Delta hasn't been all the rage on here or YouTube reviewers. It's the best tank out there.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I'm totally at a loss as to why the Delta hasn't been all the rage on here or YouTube reviewers. It's the best tank out there.

It is possible :)

The Delta uses the C3 atomizers, yes? Do we have reliable information on how long they last?

If they do a month, then fair play. I bought the mini Nautilus to avoid rebuilding heads (Kanger ones) and just pop in a new atomizer once a week. It has not let me down at all yet. One month and 5 days so far.

I can't speak for the BDC coils, as I was warned off them within 24 hours of them hitting the vendors.

I think at some point, when people switch to BVC, some more information will become available as to the future success (or not) of Nautilus.

Speaking personally, as someone who has put my Kayfuns and Taifuns in the box for the time being, running Nautilus is making me happy! :)

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota
The Delta uses the C3 atomizers, yes? Do we have reliable information on how long they last?

If they do a month, then fair play.

I received my Delta on August 7 and am on the second coil since then. I have a 5 pack of replacements that I have yet to open. I'd say they last quite a while. Then again, I use it on a Provari V2 and keep it at about 4.5 volts. They're meant for higher wattage and I'll try it out on my Sigelei 30W when I get it.

riyono

Aug 25, 2014
Palembang, Indonesia
riyono, go with the Aerotank Mega. I have the Delta as you do and it's my go-to tank. I have had absolutely no trouble with it, unlike the Nautilus. With the Nautilus, I have had issues again and again. It's a nice tank if you have the new BVC's. But it still floods and gurgles a lot. The Delta has never done any of that.

As far as the Kanger Aerotank series goes, I have the Mini, Mega, Giant and the new Genitank Mega. Both of the Mega's work great. The Giant is just too big (wide) and I've had a lot of flooding/gurgling issues with it as well.

To surmise, get either the Aerotank Mega or Genitank Mega to go with your Delta.

Dear Mark1963,

Thank you for the advice, I will take Aerotank Mega.

About Joyetech Delta, I actually always had continuous problems such as leaking at the base of hardware and fluid changes color as though scorched me strengthens the base hardware and coil my head and its lower watt

ferrete

Nov 9, 2014
Hi Ryono,

Delta is designed to high wattage, I use mine at 15W ... since then I didn't experienced any gurgling. Another important thing is that you must use it with more then 1/3 full (this is common to other devices).

Regarding flavour it's much better then my Aerotanks ... the colour change is common to any other device (although in DELTA there's no noticeable change of taste even with "old liquid" mix), don't forget it's a 6 ml tank... for me usually 1 tank is enough for 1 day, when I refill it, I absorb the old liquid from the resistance (with a paper towel), and it works for 3 to 4 weeks, guaranteed .

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I received my Delta on August 7 and am on the second coil since then. I have a 5 pack of replacements that I have yet to open. I'd say they last quite a while. Then again, I use it on a Provari V2 and keep it at about 4.5 volts. They're meant for higher wattage and I'll try it out on my Sigelei 30W when I get it.

That would be my only comment about this. Joyetech has a reputation for producing some good quality coils with long life spans if you take care of them. The reports are starting to come in on the dual vertical coils used in the new eGrip and so far I'm waiting on the first person to report trashing a coil. Haven't found that report yet.

When it comes to coil compatibility questions for the Delta you can find everything you need to know on the Joyetech site. As I recall the C3 is compatible with the Delta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread