Joyetech dolphin is ok for salt nicotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I look they only have 1.2ohm, 0.6ohm, 0.25ohm that’s what I can find
I have a different pod, the Sx mini mi. But it comes with a 1 ohm pod. I’m using 25 mg/ml nic salts. Although I usually use an rta at about .20 ohms with 6 mg freebase.

Just giving background there... I think, trying to quit smoking, your pod would work fine with the 50 mg/ml you have and the 1.2 coil you can get. You may want to lower your nic at some point, but you ought to try that first as it’s the least expensive option for now.

But of course if you like spending money, we’ll help you shop for other gear too!

Reactions: stols001

ZachDigger211

Jan 4, 2018
Interesting. Never seen one before. I got no idea how it vapes, but YouTube is full of reviews on it as it usually is.
Cotton is nearly free of course. If you run out of their squares you can just cut more out of an unrolled cotton ball. It’s a flat mesh “coil” which does not look replacable. I could be wrong about that though. Hard to say how long that will last. Could easily be months though, assuming you can dry burn it. Coils crud up slower than cotton. It still happens though. If you can’t dry burn it there could be an issue. You’d have to have another way to remove the carbon buildup from the mesh “coil”. Assuming you can’t clean it at all, a cartridge should last at least a few weeks. Just guessing though.

The replacement cartridges can be had for $3 here Joyetech ATOPACK Magic Replacement Cartridge
Even with the higher cartridge price this may be the cheapest pod to run.
Ok thanks I found a five pack of replacement pods on fasttech 14 I just don’t know if you get five packs of cotton with the replacement pods if so I would buy from fasttech. They said the cartridge heat thing would last three months that’s good because I think I would buy and replacement pods like crazy in three months I don’t know how many pods I would buy in those three months but looks like about 10 or more idk just guessing. I figured something out by Monday breezy has the best deal because they have a coupon code 25% off on all vaping devices it ends Monday but they are sold out of the Joyetech magic. I can my other pod devices from there.

ZachDigger211

Jan 4, 2018
I have a different pod, the Sx mini mi. But it comes with a 1 ohm pod. I’m using 25 mg/ml nic salts. Although I usually use an RTA at about .20 ohms with 6 mg freebase.

Just giving background there... I think, trying to quit smoking, your pod would work fine with the 50 mg/ml you have and the 1.2 coil you can get. You may want to lower your nic at some point, but you ought to try that first as it’s the least expensive option for now.

But of course if you like spending money, we’ll help you shop for other gear too!
So the Joyetech dolphin would be the right choice for me?. I had other devices like Vaporesso Renova ZERO that I want to buy. And I just found out about the Joyetech magic you used cotton instead of a pod and you do get 50pcs cotton and 7ml pod or 2ml. So I guess i could add that to my list

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Ok thanks I found a five pack of replacement pods on fasttech 14 I just don’t know if you get five packs of cotton with the replacement pods if so I would buy from fasttech. They said the cartridge heat thing would last three months that’s good because I think I would buy and replacement pods like crazy in three months I don’t know how many pods I would buy in those three months but looks like about 10 or more idk just guessing. I figured something out by Monday breezy has the best deal because they have a coupon code 25% off on all vaping devices it ends Monday but they are sold out of the Joyetech magic. I can my other pod devices from there.
Weeks, not months. Maybe. If the coil can be cleaned repeatedly without destroying it, then very much months. Or even longer.

As for the cotton squares I wouldn’t worry about that too much. Cotton is cotton. A bag of cotton balls and a pair of scissors should give you more than you could use in a lifetime.

Some info about fasttech: everything there can be assumed to be a clone unless it actually says “authentic”. Then it’s not. Usually. Shipping time can be extremely variable. Somewhere between 10 days and two months.

• Agree

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So the Joyetech dolphin would be the right choice for me?. I had other devices like Vaporesso Renova ZERO that I want to buy. And I just found out about the Joyetech magic you used cotton instead of a pod and you do get 50pcs cotton and 7ml pod or 2ml. So I guess i could add that to my list
Since you already have a dolphin I would say it’s a reasonable bet to just get the overpriced coils. To move to another device will cost you the price of the device which you would then have to recoup with long term savings from the other device. The attopack magic does seem to have a significant advantage in continuing costs, but any pod device won’t last much beyond a year even in the best circumstances simply because it uses a wired in LiPo battery. Whether you would save enough before the device dies is unknown atm because it’s hard to tell from here what the cost savings would be.

ZachDigger211

Jan 4, 2018
Since you already have a dolphin I would say it’s a reasonable bet to just get the overpriced coils. To move to another device will cost you the price of the device which you would then have to recoup with long term savings from the other device. The attopack magic does seem to have a significant advantage in continuing costs, but any pod device won’t last much beyond a year even in the best circumstances simply because it uses a wired in LiPo battery. Whether you would save enough before the device dies is unknown atm because it’s hard to tell from here what the cost savings would be.
Ok last resort what do you think about this saw some guy post this on Reddit vaping looks good and nice deal i want to know if you could use salt nicotine in this device If i do buy this i was thinking about getting 50/50vg/pg or 70/30 vg/pg nicotine levels 2.4 full flavor just don’t know if it be to harsh on the throat. VaporFi VAIO MINI Starter Kit Bundle

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Again, you can use salt nic or regular nic in any device interchangeably. The thing you’re talking about is MTL so you’ll want a higher nic juice in it. No idea if the thing is any good or not. I haven’t used it. It may need a thin juice it may not. YouTube will have opinions. It always does. I notice it comes with 5 cartridges. I figure you’ve got the refillable/nonrefillable thing and the comparative cost analysis thing down now so I’ll leave you to it.

ZachDigger211

Jan 4, 2018
Again, you can use salt nic or regular nic in any device interchangeably. The thing you’re talking about is MTL so you’ll want a higher nic juice in it. No idea if the thing is any good or not. I haven’t used it. It may need a thin juice it may not. YouTube will have opinions. It always does. I notice it comes with 5 cartridges. I figure you’ve got the refillable/nonrefillable thing and the comparative cost analysis thing down now so I’ll leave you to it.
thanks man you help a lot I understand everything cost etc. just saw a video it looks pretty good easy to work with filling it up changing the coils. I’m going to ask the guy who has on Reddit how does he like then i go from there.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
so I’m looking at the Joyetech dolphin it comes with 1.2 ohm and 0.25 ohm coils I wanted to know if the 0.25 ohm coils would it be safe for Salt Nic juices.
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your question. Your subject: Nic Salts , suggest posting in : General E-Liquid Discussion
OM Gosh Nic Salts Hit Hard
Nic salts for anything other than pods..OK?

You may receive more knowledgeable/germane information (such as sub and non sub with salt nic) from the membership in the above forum.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread