Status
Not open for further replies.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
joyetech eGo AIO MANSION
Review by stratus.vaping

Joyetech provided me with the device, but I always try to give a realistic review, usually after a week or more of daily use. I normally use an identical well known premium e-liquid for reviews, it’s high VG and uses organic fruit flavourings with complex flavour notes, I know how it tastes in many devices and with varied settings, in that way I can judge how good a device is at releasing subtle flavours.

The MANSION is a very portable, elegant yet tough little AIO (All In One) being strongly constructed and well built from quality materials, it does not feel at all “plasticky”.

Elegant in any of the colours, ideal for a special night out, dinner with a loved one or just to have handy in bag, pocket or in a drawer at the office - it’s conveniently sized.

DqnjUQ2.jpg

The MANSION wouldn’t look out of place at that good restaurant would it?

Operation is simplicity itself, once turned on with the usual 5 clicks on the small side fitted fire button the MANSION will respond to a press of the button with a huge volume of flavoursome vapour that belies it size. In addition puff detection is fitted - so just suck and it automatically fires.

MAnOSeO.jpg

Filling is made very easy too, removing the press fit mouthpiece reveals the filling hole sealed with a captive plug. Simply remove the bung and top up, you can see the level on the side mounted tank windows.

Abrh9XP.jpg

2hBDd7B.jpg

You will also see the top of the coil base, more of which later, but note that there is a knurled ring on it that allows for airflow control - a novel addition for this size of device. Being a DTL ( Direct To Lung) vaper I was dubious, thinking the airflow would be too restricted for my taste - but in fact it works fine for me fully open, not airy but good enough. Closing the airflow down effectively reduces the airflow for those who prefer MTL ( Mouth To Lung) vaping. So the best of both worlds, a real all rounder, with good flavour and clouds from such a small device.

Being a top airflow and sealed tank design there are no leaks, vapour is produced rapidly and is intense when using DTL. The coil is very efficient, matched with the 1300mAh battery it operates at around 20-25W with a max rating of 30W. With a freshly charged battery a long puff results in fairly hot vapour even though the available battery current is somewhat regulated, there is so much flavour and vapour you won’t want a long pull though.

fKqxFcU.png

The coil (or atomiser) is the readily available and proven Joyetech BF SS316 0.6 ohm. Note that there is no coil fitted out of the box, there are two provided in the kit. It’s easy enough to pop off the top cap and the mouthpiece unit revealing the coil base (see above graphic) that has a large screwdriver slot on the top, don’t worry you don’t need a screwdriver. Simply turn over the mouthpiece you just removed, theres a mini-driver built in.

OXsGqhq.jpg

Note that it’s important to fully charge the MANSION before first use with the mini-usb cable and a suitable USB charger, also you must install a coil before filling the tank!

Remove the coil base using that driver, note the airflow control ring. Now prime your coil with a few drops of liquid (onto the cotton that is just visible), screw it firmly onto the base you just removed and screw that assembly firmly into the hole. Replace the mouthpiece, fill the tank as described, wait 5 minutes for the liquid to wick through and away you go!

5sv33zB.jpg

You can change the tank LED colour too, to match the colour of your MANSION, I selected the white for my beautiful black version - 7 LED colours and Orange, Black, White, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold MANSION colours to chose from.

Whats in the box?
1 x eGo AIO MANSION
2 x BF SS316 0.6 ohm coils
1 x USB cable, short.
1 x manual, warranty card, warning card.
1 x set spare parts- you get 2 x spare filling hole plugs, and a few spare coil seals.

Specifications:
Size: 17.5*33.0*103.0mm
Weight: 83.0g
Colours: Orange, Black, White, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold
Battery capacity: 1300mAh
E-liquid capacity: 2.0ml
Atomiser head: BF SS316 0.6 ohm
Airflow: controllable top airflow
Vape way: direct inhale/hold button to inhale
Mode: direct output

ypemviN.jpg

Conclusion: I really like this little device, astonishing power from such an elegant AIO, with no leaks and puff detection it’s an ideal device for pocket or bag.

A few folks have said elsewhere why not have a lanyard hole, a good idea indeed but I'm not sure where it would go without spoiling those sleek lines, another suggestion was to have a hinged top-cap with a lanyard attachment - that is a good idea as that top cap is easily lost (knowing me ....), take note Joyetech!

(BTW- please excuse the fur on a couple of the images, our fluffy white cat is very nosey and had to be removed from the table several times, but she left some fur behind!!)

Cheers!

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
Hi Chris, one of the photos got stretched by the forum for some reason, it looks taller than the Empire State :)

I have read one or two reports of bubbles causing the auto-fire/puff detector to fire randomly yes, didn't experience that myself though.. I can see how that could happen, Didn't see it on the TEROS either, but I'm not a big sucker :w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread