JOYETECH EGO-C Automatic Dripping Problem / Burnt taste. Help pls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianMetalHead

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
Mirabel, QC, CANADA
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone. I need some help. Any comments appreciated. :laugh:

I bought a authentic joyetech EGO-C kit a little while back. I got it with LR Atties.
The problem is that the e-liquid is not dripping properly onto the atty and eventually I get a burnt taste and burning sensation in my throat. At the moment, the only way to fix this is by manually dripping some liquid directly onto the atty which defeats the purpose of the tank system.

I have tried priming the atty by taking puffs without turning the battery on. I also bought silicone caps thinking it might help. The e-liquid I use is no thicker then any other place I bought it from. It's just strange.

I have no problems with leaks, go figure ;-) quite the opposite. :blink:

I would appreciate any help or tips.

Thank you for your time.

Paul
Quebec, Canada
:vapor:

Last edited:

izak

Dec 5, 2011
Washington
I have found that moving the wick around helps some. I have used four atty's since the beginning of March when I got my kit. My first atty lasted 20 days without even dryburning it. It lasted a few more, and then I just wanted to return to vapor production of old. My second atty lasted 5 great days, but I messed it up trying to disassemble it for dry burning. Same with the third atty. Gotta be careful pulling that spike off! Fourth atty started out bad; always getting a burnt wick taste. Moved atty down, made it worse, moved atty up, fixed it, but I now I get your problem. I can't chain vape or else I get wick. There seems to be a sweet spot for these sorts of things, but it is tough to tell where it is. I know that the wick on top should be aligned with the bottommost exposure of the spike. Climb higher and you'll leak; climb lower and you'll won't wick or burn the wick outright.

I think that some of the wicks aren't cut perfectly. I would like someone to chime in about how much wick should be touching the coil, if any.

iz

GWG73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Florida
The wife and I both are on Ego-Cs and have completely abandoned the stock tank system. Our experience with them, compounded with all the issues I've seen on this board have brought me to only one absolute conclusion about them....they're inconsistent. We love the ego batts, I think we have like 11 of the things laying around now, and we're now using the Vision Clearomizers, Ego Mega Carts, and I'm going to start using regular boge 510 carts for flavors I like but only occasionally use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread