Joyetech Ego-c twist or Vision Spinnner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamf954

Sep 23, 2012
United States
There has been alot of talk about the spinner but the one I had started to have problems after about 60 days. Ive always loved the joyetech twist but some friends insist the spinner is better. There main point is that you can see the dial better which doesnt matter to me. joyetech i like cause its soild for ego batteries,. They dont break and they last long.If I was to buy a new battery which one should I get and why?

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I've had both and like both.

I like the color of some of the Twists- like the pink. Also it's a tad thinner. Spinner is a bit thicker but shorter and I believe they go up to 1300 mah.

To be honest, I don't see a huge difference in either as far as performance. Both are really good. I almost never change the voltage so I really don't care if it's harder to see. If you do, the Spinner is a bit easier.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I haven't tried the spinners so probably no help. I will tell you that both my ego c twists are 6 months old and have been dropped many times and never had any issues with them really. Never get hot when being charged. Had them bend in pocket and had to be pushed down and re-seated and worked fine.

Only issue with them is seeing the damn dial voltage readings. You have to have great eyesight and good lighting. You eventually can just get the right setting with trial and error and feel.

Had no issues with the center pin either and they are still used heavily even though I also use a vamo v3.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
There has been alot of talk about the spinner but the one I had started to have problems after about 60 days. Ive always loved the joyetech twist but some friends insist the spinner is better. There main point is that you can see the dial better which doesnt matter to me. Joyetech i like cause its soild for ego batteries,. They dont break and they last long.If I was to buy a new battery which one should I get and why?

I think you've answered your own question, but I'll agree :) You really only need to know which way the dial goes, not necessarily where it ends up. Dial in for the sweet spot for flavor and vapor. The Joyetech eGo-c has the best short and charge protection. One other thing that bothers me with the Spinner is the 'cutoff' - rated at 10 seconds and is really around 6 or 7 sec. on the one I have. ymmv. I never run into the cutoff on the Joye eGo-c's. I still have my original Twists - 4 of them in rotation and they're all still working. Got them in 2012. I use them daily but not all day.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I forgot that, but mine also seems qwik at the draw with the cutoff...

It's what I hated about early KR8 batts :) But I have a double hit draw take some in, open mouth take more in. I know that I could 'revamp' the habit if necessary to let go, push, etc. but not worth the trouble at this point. lol

The Joye ego cutoff is around 13-14 seconds on the c model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread