Not open for further replies.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Good comments.

I find it interesting that so many have made comments on this "disagreement" and that there are all these members on one side of the issue and one person on the other side. And all the "likes"/agreements are on one side of the discussion and almost none on the other. Yet nothing gets through to the one person on the opposite side of the discussion. Me thinks some people will argue day is night and night is day just because they can't ever admit they could be mistaken. From my long ago college psychology courses, I believe there is a medical name for that affliction.

Agreed.

I always give it a shot. Then... do something more productive :)

Tonight- it's making juice.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Me thinks some people will argue day is night and night is day just because they can't ever admit they could be mistaken. From my long ago college psychology courses, I believe there is a medical name for that affliction.

Kind of sounds like someone I know..BTW what is the medical name for someone who misstates someone else's opinion then argues against the misstatement they made?...

I know I have no problem admitting I'm wrong when proven so..I also enjoy a good argument when it doesn't boil down to insulting someone...

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
:vapor:..................................

Well, well ... WHERE????? :)

By the way - To whom it may concern: Chrispy and I are now friends, and have put our squabbling aside for our own sake and for that of the members of this forum. I've also apologized to him for pronouncing judgment on who I thought should or should not comment on whatever the hell they feel like on this forum. I slept much better last night for it.

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
I've really been keeping an eye out for when these become available. I thought they were going to be 900, 1000, or even 1,100 mah. Isn't 650 mah a bit small / light for increased voltages (e.g., 4.4 volt vaping) ? I wouldn't think the battery would last that long with this type of vaping (Or am I wrong) ? I mean I could get 3-4 hours with 3.4 volts (Regular Ego-C 650 mah), but with 4.2 to 4.8 volts ?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I've really been keeping an eye out for when these become available. I thought they were going to be 900, 1000, or even 1,100 mah. Isn't 650 mah a bit small / light for increased voltages (e.g., 4.4 volt vaping) ? I wouldn't think the battery would last that long with this type of vaping (Or am I wrong) ? I mean I could get 3-4 hours with 3.4 volts (Regular Ego-C 650 mah), but with 4.2 to 4.8 volts ?

I do like the idea of the 650 size wize, I like a small PV but this will be 3.5"-- 1/2 " longer than my 650 PT. I can't imagine toting around the 1100,lol. But you're right-it's not gonna be a long vape time. If they would've put the electronics up top, then it would've made a nice PT to use all day.

I'm hoping the UPGRADE. as a PT, puts out 4.2 all day.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Connecticut

That sounds pretty accurate to me. But there's a lid for every pot, and a nice little stealth VV device like that 650 definitely has a place IMO. Stealth vaping in church maybe? :)

And how much do these things cost, like 4-5 packs of butts? You could get one of every size and color without breaking the bank. And I think I'm going to like these just fine.

Thompson

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    North of NorCal
    I think EMDCC at 1.7 ohms would work good on the Twist. I just really like how they look on my eGo-T PT.

At 4.8v:

4.8 * 4.8 / 1.7 / 2 = 6.8 watts which is decently warm.

Though it'll obviously only decrease from that value.

I want to get my hands on a few Stardust/Vision clearomizers in the LR form (2.1-2.4ohm). You could get up to around 10 watts with one of these on the higher voltage.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Connecticut
    I'm going to order one from cignot next week, 650 mah is fine with me. Can someone recommend good cartomizers for it? I've never had a vv so I don't even know where to start. I'm a strawberry all day vaper.

Sarah, you bad, bad girl! You just step away from the computer, cut up your credit card, and go straight to your room! I am VERY, VERY disappointed in you! It's high time you learned that you don't need to have every shiny new thing that catches your fancy! (And besides, these don't even come in pink!!??) lolololol

Oh, how I do love busting on you. But all kidding aside, yes, you MUST have this great device. Excellent, inexpensive intro to VV IMO. Wait until you see the difference in vapor and flavor when you can put just the right amount of wattage through a coil or coils.

Speaking of that, and to answer your question (fine, ask a bunch of strangers, and not me - sniff, sniff ...) I would get these:

Smok Tech Stainless 2.5 ohm 510 Mega Cartomizer

SINGLE COIL 2.5 ohm stainlees steel XL cartos, so you can use them either by themselves, but preferably inside a Smoktech 3.5ml DCT tank, when properly slotted or punched. (Speaking of punched, you're lucky you're all the way in upper Minnesota lol).

The Twist goes from 3.2 to 4.8 volts, so with a 2.5 ohm single coil, you can power the coil with anywhere between 4 and 9 watts, which should be plenty for just about any juice. You might even like your strawberry way down at wattage even that low. You might as well get some 2.0 ohm single coil cartos, exactly like these 2.5's in every other respect. That way you could go all the way up to 11.5 watts, just to see what it's like.

(Remember Ohm's law? Volts x volts / resistance in ohms = watts; two coils, you need [about] twice the watts. So; on a single coil, 2.5 ohm carto, 4.2 volts would give you 4.2 x 4.2 / 2.5 = 7.01 watts per coil; very nice starting point to go up or down from).

If you haven't tried them, Smoktech DCT tanks are very nice, and inexpensive - like 11 bucks or so, including a cartomizer (usually a 1.5 - 1.7 ohm dual coil), which you could experiment with as well. Bear in mind that at 4.8 volts, the max of the Twist, you'd get a max of 7.68 watts per coil on a 1.5 ohm dual coil, and the battery would be putting out a lot of amps (3.2), and would not be happy about doing it for a long time. (Amps = total watts / volts; 3.2 = 7.68 x 2 coils / 4.8 volts).

There will be a quiz, so be prepared. :)

Vape on, girly-girl - cya :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread