Joyetech ego-c Twist ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tica02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Minne-soda!
Sarah, you bad, bad girl! You just step away from the computer, cut up your credit card, and go straight to your room! I am VERY, VERY disappointed in you! It's high time you learned that you don't need to have every shiny new thing that catches your fancy! (And besides, these don't even come in pink!!??) lolololol

Oh, how I do love busting on you. But all kidding aside, yes, you MUST have this great device. Excellent, inexpensive intro to VV IMO. Wait until you see the difference in vapor and flavor when you can put just the right amount of wattage through a coil or coils.

Speaking of that, and to answer your question (fine, ask a bunch of strangers, and not me - sniff, sniff ...) I would get these:

Smok Tech Stainless 2.5 ohm 510 Mega Cartomizer

SINGLE COIL 2.5 ohm stainlees steel XL cartos, so you can use them either by themselves, but preferably inside a Smoktech 3.5ml DCT tank, when properly slotted or punched. (Speaking of punched, you're lucky you're all the way in upper Minnesota lol).

The Twist goes from 3.2 to 4.8 volts, so with a 2.5 ohm single coil, you can power the coil with anywhere between 4 and 9 watts, which should be plenty for just about any juice. You might even like your strawberry way down at wattage even that low. You might as well get some 2.0 ohm single coil cartos, exactly like these 2.5's in every other respect. That way you could go all the way up to 11.5 watts, just to see what it's like.

(Remember Ohm's law? Volts x volts / resistance in ohms = watts; two coils, you need [about] twice the watts. So; on a single coil, 2.5 ohm carto, 4.2 volts would give you 4.2 x 4.2 / 2.5 = 7.01 watts per coil; very nice starting point to go up or down from).

If you haven't tried them, Smoktech DCT tanks are very nice, and inexpensive - like 11 bucks or so, including a cartomizer (usually a 1.5 - 1.7 ohm dual coil), which you could experiment with as well. Bear in mind that at 4.8 volts, the max of the Twist, you'd get a max of 7.68 watts per coil on a 1.5 ohm dual coil, and the battery would be putting out a lot of amps (3.2), and would not be happy about doing it for a long time. (Amps = total watts / volts; 3.2 = 7.68 x 2 coils / 4.8 volts).

There will be a quiz, so be prepared. :)

Vape on, girly-girl - cya :)

You caught me shopping :O No punching me! Haha :p I also DID ask you, have you checked your pm's you big meanie???

I'll be doing a little more shopping next week and I'm definitely going to pick this thing up, but I need to find a charger somewhere as I don't have an ego charger. I'm going to stay away from tanks for awhile, and stick to my cartos. I ordered 1.7's today for my jewels so I can avoid the freezing cold vapor from the 2.7's that were recommended to me.

No math tests, I am awful terrible horrible at it. I can barely even look at your ohm's law sentence without my eyes skipping over it as my brain implodes. I just don't understand that stuff. So if you give me a test I'll flunk and cry and you'll feel bad. :p

You gonna be around next week to help me shop :D

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Hey sweetie :)

First - yes, just for the record, I did get your email just as I was posting that, so you're off the hook, and I'm very pleased that you did ask me for assistance. :)

Second - "Once you go tank, it's me you will thank." There's nothing like vaping for half a day to all day without fussing with one single thing. Great hit after great hit, hundreds of them in a row. You should for sure get at least one (1). I like the ones with chrome caps, but maybe you could find fuschia ones somewhere. :p

Third: Sure, ask me anything, any time. I'll email you my cell number so you can text me if you need to make a life or death vaping equipment decision on your trip to the big city.

Fourth: You crack me up, in a good way. Don't ever change. :)

tica02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Minne-soda!
I thought about maybe getting a tank for the jewels, but I really like clearos. Maybe you can help me pick something out that I won't screw up too bad :p I found a smokey black one I really liked somewhere...

I actually get a trip to the ecig shop next month which is very exciting! I hope to have my twist before then so hopefully I won't be tempted to buy anything but juice. I do like shiny things though...

Yes do email your number and I'll let you know when I put in the twist order. I'm still trying to find a good place to buy a charger, I wish it just came with one. I hate buying stuff from 3 different websites to get everything I need.

I'm too old to change, you'll just have to put up with me the way I am :D

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
I thought about maybe getting a tank for the jewels, but I really like clearos. Maybe you can help me pick something out that I won't screw up too bad :p I found a smokey black one I really liked somewhere...

I actually get a trip to the ecig shop next month which is very exciting! I hope to have my twist before then so hopefully I won't be tempted to buy anything but juice. I do like shiny things though...

Yes do email your number and I'll let you know when I put in the twist order. I'm still trying to find a good place to buy a charger, I wish it just came with one. I hate buying stuff from 3 different websites to get everything I need.

I'm too old to change, you'll just have to put up with me the way I am :D

Cignot sells the charger for it also...

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut

Yep, that'll do it. :)

I like that the actual charger part puts out 5 volts; and try to avoid powering a passthrough from your computer. I've done it, but I've heard to many times that it's just not a great idea. When I get back all of the stuff that I have loaned out to friends, including all of my Joyetech chargers, I'll stop doing it once and for all. Fortunately, I loaned at the passthrough battery as well, so I can't do it anyway. :)

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
I'm excited too Pheisty! I've been mostly unimpressed with the things I've had so far, but they've kept me from smoking so I won't knock them. And I don't desire mods with seperate batteries. I'm hoping the Twist is going to be perfect. What accessories did you buy?

I just bought a whole ***load of juice from Highbrow and some atomizers. ;)

What mods have you tried? I did try the Vapage V-Mod but got to hating on it because I had juice dripping all over me like it was my job...and it wasn't VV.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut

GREAT VID ERIC!!!!!!! Everybody get up off your ... and do the damn TWIST!!!!! LOL

Man that was fun, thanks! Even "the Beav" was doin' the Twist! Love it!

I just hit "Play" again on my own post lol I wanna do "the Twist" with the girl at 0:43 :)

Last edited:

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
Wow, fast response from Ovale, props for that! I sent them an email before I went to bed, and there was a response by the time I got up this morning:

Hello Kelly,
Sorry, yes that was a typo, it should have said 1000mAh charging capacity. It
has now been corrected, thank you for bringing it to our attention and thank you
for your business.

If you wish to provide additional comments or information regarding this issue,
you can update or view this ticket's progress online here:

xxxxxx

- Kurt Heinmuller
kurt@ovaleusa.com
OVALE LLC
7257 NW 4th Blvd.
Gainesville, FL.32607

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread